“Lovely restaurant with delicious local food and wonderful customer service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tasty's Restaurant

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in South Hill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
newtown
“Lovely restaurant with delicious local food and wonderful customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is our second visit to Anguilla and our first time at Tastys! Loved everything. It is a local restaurant not on the beach but the atmosphere was terrific. Low key, not rushed( but not slow) very friendly and professional service.. The food was terrific. My husband had the Lobster bisque( fantastic) and the pork tenderloin which was also good. I had the shrimp with coconut curry sauce which was delicious! The shrimp was plentiful and I was stuffed! They also give you complimentary Johnnycakes and had us try this chicken in a spicy curry sauce served cold with a plantain chip. It was yum!
A wonderful low key dining experience in a immaculate, well run restaurant in the heart of Anguilla! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orange County, CA
“Caribbean Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant with friendly servers and delicious food. We had never tried Johnnycakes, which were a treat. My snapper was excellent, very fresh. Although it is not on the beach so there isn't much scenery, I recommend visiting this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
“Was so good we went there twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We read about this place on trip advisor and decided to check it out on Monday. We enjoyed it so much we went back on Wednesday. Chef Dale is a phenomenal cook and is so personal. He came by to chat with us and describe the food and our options. The second day we went they ran out of gas so they had to scramble but did so very well. Just as everything in the Caribbean, they are on island time, so don't wait until your hungry to try to find a place to eat.
The tuna special was great. Cray fish was tops. The conch fritters were the best on the island. All the sea food was incredibly fresh and so tasty.
If this restaurant was in Dallas, I would eat there weekly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dale C, Owner at Tasty's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed both of your dining experiences with us. Thank you for being patient while we refilled our gas. We look forward to seeing you again.

Denver, Colorado
“Tasty's...not so much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Terrible experience! The brought the wrong food and at different times so some of us literally watched others in the party of 6 eat and then when the food finally came it was well below expectation (chicken pieces were mystery pieces of mostly bone). Indifferent service.....just bad!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dale C, Owner at Tasty's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I apologize for your disappointing experience dining with us. Unfortunately we have bad nights and we just hope you will try us again.

Regards,
South Florida, Florida
“One of the best in Anguilla, don't pass it up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Tasty's for the first time during our recent visit to Anguilla. We weren't originally planning to eat there, but when our plans to have dinner at Blanchards Beach Shack got rained out, we decided to give Tasty's a try, and we're really glad we did -- it was one of the best meals we had during our trip.

Tasty's doesn't have a beachfront setting like many of the other great Anguilla restaurants -- it's on a main street -- but their food is as good as any of the others. The small, homey dining room is decorated with some really nice local artwork (which might be for sale, I didn't ask).

For starters, my wife had the lobster and corn bisque, and I had the fish soup. My wife loved her soup, and I thought mine was pretty good too, but not as good as the bisque. For dinner, my wife had the coconut-crusted parrot fish with spicy banana rum sauce, and I had the Tasty's shrimp in coconut curry sauce, and they were both delicious. My wife tasted my shrimp and thought it was probably the best entree of the trip, which is saying a lot, because we ate at some really top-notch restaurants. Sadly, we didn't save room for dessert.

During dinner, Tasty's was playing some recorded music, and I heard a couple of songs I really liked but didn't recognize. I asked about them, and it turns out they were songs from the local band British Dependency. We bought some of their music on iTunes when we got home, and we'll make a point of seeing them play live the next time we visit Anguilla.

I've always heard good things about Tasty's, and the only reason we haven't eaten there before is because of their location. I'm glad that serendipity brought us to Tasty's to enjoy their wonderful food, and as an added bonus, some great new music. Don't let the location keep you from trying the aptly-named Tasty's -- like us, you'll be glad you did. We'll definitely be back on our next visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dale C, Owner at Tasty's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your dining experience. We always say, "it's not about the location, it's all about the food" Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Anguilla.