“Great Little Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Shamrock Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Little Shamrock Motel
You added Little Shamrock Motel to your Saves list
919 North Washington Avenue, Murfreesboro, AR 71958   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Little Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Crater Of Diamonds State Park. There isn't much to choose from as far as accommodations in this area & after checking out the two other hotels nearby we picked this one. This was the only hotel in the area willing to accept our Husky dog as a guest. This little place is great! Super friendly staff, nice dog walking area, very large room, & it was spotlessly clean. We really enjoyed our one night stay here and would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ragley, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The people were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. We saw their web page and it looked okay. The water slide was a big draw for us because we were bringing our 2 grandsons. They loved it. We had reservations for the next nite at a "tree house" that was a nightmare but had already booked it. We wished we would have stayed put at the Shamrock. The price is very family friendly. We do recommend the motel.

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We picked the Shamrock because of indoor pool & slide. Our 3 grand daughters had a blast. (ages 8, 5 & 3) We had rooms #12, 14, & 15. The rooms were fairly large. Room 14 didn't have a big screen tv. They were not too bad in the cleanliness except the carpet, keep your flip flops on. Old air condition units that are pretty noisy. They have some funky little quirks (purple dragon, garden growing in planters, knight stature) that gave us a few chuckles. Also if you want ice you ask for it and they give you a half of a baggie full:) With 3 families we found it amusing. Not a luxury hotel but adequate for the price. Very old fashioned. Just right for our 1st trip to Crater Diamond Park.

Room Tip: Ours was right next to the pool room.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Crater of Diamonds Park. The room was large and only had a faint hint of motel smell. There were flies in the bathroom but there were lots of bugs everywhere in the area, so perhaps it couldn't be avoided. We had a 50" TV in our room. We had to pay a little extra for it, but it was worth it because the NBA championship was on. The pool was nice and the grounds were well kept. It was much less expensive than other places in the area and it was every bit as good (we checked out the other places before we settled on this one). I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Hankamer, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After driving 6.5 hours with my husband and two daughters... and reading numerous review about how adorable this motel was.. with there renewed indoor heating pool and all... I was really disgusted when we arrived and entered our room #17 to find that the bathroom floor looked like it had not been cleaned or mopped in months. There were actual foot prints on the floor. I thought maybe due to the old age of the rooms that they were stained from previous workers or something. So I took a wet paper towel and wiped the floor to see if it wiped clean or was stained. Guess what? I was Just DIRTY. My daughter then noticed a spider in the bathtub and the room was FILLED with flies..not just 1 or two but 10's. The carpet was disgusting and my 7 yr old had kicked off her feet just as soon as we entered and in about 5 mins her feet were BLACK on bottom. Oh and did I forget to mention that the room had 2 entry doors.. but 1 door was so old that the frame was pulled away leaving a gap about 1/2 in on both bottom and top.. probably a good reason for all the flies.. It did not take me long to decided to express my disapproval in to the manager. I went to the front office and there were two more guest in the office waiting, when the manager asked if there was a problem. I replied very politely "yes, there are numerous flies in room and the bathroom floor is nasty! He replied sharply that Arkansas has a BIG problem with files and there is NOTHING they could do about it! I asked if all their rooms had gaps in the doors. He replied NO. The female manager suggested she would come take a look and offered me to take a look at room #16 and if we liked it we could move over there and that this room is one of the better rooms. I agreed, and as we were walking back to room #17 she mentioned that she liked to put guested with kids and pets in this building (#17 building) because it was close to the pool.. I thought "yea right!!! you figure if kids and pets mess these rooms up its ok because these are not one of the better rooms. We get to the room and she take a look at the floor and the first thing she asked is " oh my are these foot print for you? REALLY, are you kidding me... NO we just walked in 5 min ago and that is what I am complaining about... she took another look at the bathroom floor and apologized and expressed her concern about the house keeping. So I went and looked at room #16 I must say it was better (not the best) but better at least it appeared clean and updated a little more. So we agreed to move to this room. We immediately turned on the a/c and toted our stuff in AGAIN and quickly left the room to grab a bit to eat while the room cooled down. When we returned about 1 hr later.. we found that the room was STILL steaming HOT and the a/c compressor was not kicking in just running the fan. I went and found the manager AGAIN ( she was in the pool hand cleaning the sides) and asked her to come check it out. After a few minutes she arrived to our room and fiddled with the a/c for about 5 min and said, "well it is cooling but let me ask maintenance". She returned about 5 min later and said "maintenance states he checked all the units not long ago and all are working it just takes a bout an hour to cool... She said if the room is not cool by 8:00 pm ( it was 5:00 at the time) then she would have to move us to another room AGAIN! I was very polite and kept my mouth shut.. She left the room and immediately my husband said "I will take care of this" and left for a few minutes. He went down to the neighbor motel "Queen of Diamonds" and got a price and info for two nights stay. Then when he returned he approached the male manager in the front office and explained to him that he would pay for 1 night but NOT 2 and demanded a refund and informed him we were checking out IMMEDIATELY! The manager stated "No, I will refund you for BOTH nights if you are not happy" and HE DID! WOW! I was so relieved and stressed all at the same time! Now I am happily typing this from the next door motel in a nice CLEAN and COOL room! My vacation is BACK!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, our two boys, and I decided to take a trip to The Crater of Diamonds for Father's Day weekend. I read reviews on the local places to stay and finally decided on The Little Shamrock. (Of course there are only 3 hotels in town )
We checked in with no problem. Dragged our luggage up a flight of stairs,(in 90 degree heat) even though we could clearly see from the parking lot and guest log book that they had plenty of down stairs rooms.The room had to be at least 100 degrees. They don't run the air. You have to turn it on when you check in., Anyway, we changed and went down to the pool. The sides of the pool were so dirty someone had actually scratched "clean me" in several places into the grime. But, the boys wanted to swim and after 5 hours in the car, I let them, thinking there was enough chlorine to kill anything in there. So after swimming we went to the Crater and played in the dirt for a while. With one thing and another it was almost 11 pm when we settled into our room and pulled back the covers on the bed. That is where it got NASTY. There was a huge pee stain in our bed, and a heap of black dog hair all over the sheets and comforter. I took a picture with my phone, went over to the other bed and pulled back the covers to discover even more black hair.
I took the picture down to the office and rang the bell, I was thinking "I'm so exhausted, just give me an apology and some clean bedding so I can go to bed." What I got was a manager who called me a liar and told me this was NOT there. He had a huge attitude and actually stood there and argued with me. Finally his wife came out and decided to come "look for herself" she made the comment on the way up the stairs that is was probably "just a little stain." People, this stain was at least a foot wide and was on the top sheet, fitted sheet and liner under that. Not an OLD stain. So when she saw it for herself she FINALLY apologized but then went over to the other bed and said the dog hair in that one was probably from OUR dog. I told her "lady, we don't have a dog." She accused us having one with us. I finally figured out she saw a girl with a dog come in behind us when we went into the office and assumed they were with us. They were not.
So finally she said she would check out the room next door and we could move over there. So when my husband and boys went over there to turn on the air and start moving things I told her exactly what I thought about their attitude and treatment of guests. She apologized and assured me that this was not the norm and that her husband knew he was behaving badly and that is why he sent her up. Well, of course the other room was hot as Hades, so she offered to bring up a fan to help start cooling it off. When she came back she brought me $80 in cash to reimburse me for the room. I thought that was a good start. Of course that could have been avoided with a simple apology that housekeeping did not do their job, some clean sheets and an offer to remake the beds when I FIRST went into the office. Anyway, about 2 hours later the room cooled off enough to sleep. The next morning I went in to take a shower. The first thing I noticed was an empty soap wrapper left behind, telling me they did not actually clean the shower either. There was NO water pressure. No actual shower head, just a pipe sticking out of the wall. I woke up my family, we dressed and left before breakfast. For the sake of their business I sure hope this is not how they normally operate. Maybe we caught them on a bad day? However, I will not take that chance. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gordon H, Guest Relations Manager at Little Shamrock Motel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Unfortunately for this family they did not reserve in advance for the Father's Day weekend which was booked up except for 2 smoking rooms and 2 second floor rooms.
We do everything possible to make a visit here a special and fun experience; giving the guest a refund of more than she paid - as well as a free night stay - along with our speedy response; is good customer service and really all we can do. It was a mysterious situation.

The Little Shamrock Motel prides itself on cleanliness and family fun.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Room #25 newer carpet frig and microwave soft bed clean sheets watch out the plumbing is backwards in the shower Single ground floor non smoking with my pet $55 bucks just minutes from the diamond mine indoor pool odd water feature don't let the neon and strange cabin wood feel scare you off no cookie cutter paintings on these walls owner lives on site

Room Tip: never heard the road had a view of the water feature
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Little Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!