“Lunch was great” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Lunch was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Angler was recommended to us by the place where we stayed, but as we drove out, we noticed that the billboards said "Steakhouse" and "Private Club". I was with my granddaughter, so we weren't looking for a steak or a bar and I was a bit concerned, but she had head that it was on the water and really wanted to check it out. Yes, you have to have a membership - but it's free, and they had plenty of other items to choose from.

I had a grilled chicken salad, and my grandgirl had a burger. Both were great! We sat out on the deck and really enjoyed being right at the water.

Don't hesitate to give this place a shot. The servers were great, the service wonderful, and so was the food.

They had very tempting, beautiful looking desserts, but we didn't try those. Maybe you should!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't Believe Everything You Read.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Anglers restaurant in Mountain View was a pleasant surprise. After reading some of the reviews and getting a less than stellar recommendation from the owner of the Inn where we stayed, we were skeptical. We drove out earlier in the day, checked the place out and met the owner. We returned for dinner and it was excellent. The service was prompt, the setting is beautiful, and the food was fantastic. Our server, Amber, was efficient, attentive and very bubbly. We had a great time. As we were leaving the owner came out of the kitchen and thanked us for coming out. Read the reviews if you must, but don't believe everything you read!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mountain View
“Great Place! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I took my family to Anglers because I wanted a good steak and a glass of wine. There are no other restaurants in the local area where you can get a glass of wine, being it's a dry county. Let me say, the rib eye was EXCELLENT! Anglers has the BEST salad bar in the area too. Everything was fresh and delicious! I am picky about my salad and Anglers is the only place that meets my requirements as far as selection and freshness. They had delicious loaded baked potato soup and delicious pinto beans. My family all enjoyed their meals very much. I love the view and the atmosphere there. Our service was awesome. Being a former server, I tend to have high expectations and boy, they were exceeded. I would HIGHLY recommend this place if you want a nice meal and great service. Everyone there was so friendly and accommodating and the owner even walked by our table to see how everything was. We thoroughly enjoyed this place and will most definitely be back again. I give it 5 stars!

“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Always a stop on our list when we are in the area. We love the food and atmosphere. Our servers have always been friendly and helpful!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Never in my life have I ever been treated like crap at a restaurant in my life. It took 20 minutes to be seated because no one cared to acknowledge we were standing there. After finally being seated had to wait another 20 minutes had to ask if we even had a waitress to take our drink and food order. They never came to check on us. Asked for ketchup and ended up having to go take it off another table that yet to be cleaned. Then had to repeatedly ask for the check and to go boxes. Paid way too much money for the way we were treated!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere