“A Delight” 4 of 5 stars

609 South Baker Street, Mountain Home, AR
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 68 Restaurants in Mountain Home
Cuisines: American
Description: On the downtown square.
Description: On the downtown square.
Oakland, Arkansas
“A Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the best breakfast in town! Lunches pretty good too. Hot, quality food, great service-a delight.

Visited May 2013

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a really friendly place to stop in for breakfast or lunch. We like the lunches a little more than their breakfast fare. The patrons are as friendly as the staff and makes for an enjoyable meal. After 2 years in Mountain Home we have concluded there is simply nowhere to get a good breakfast. I feel sorry for the restaurants in town if someone chooses to open up a family style restaurant like the many found in the Chicago area. They would bury every restaurant in town.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“A downhome favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My daughter lives in this town and we eat here everytime we are in town. They have delicious home cooking, generous portions and great prices. Really inexpensive compared to what we are used to paying, being from Dallas, and would pay. But don't tell them that. I love this deal!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsburg,PA
“Great lunch good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

service was quick, the special was delicious, pork chop, cornbread greens...fyi the mashed potatoes are from a box, I always ask & won't order them if they are but nobody at my table complained so I guess that's some darn good gravy!

Visited October 2012
Yellville, Arkansas
“Owner could care less”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Not my first visit, but recently my breakfast meal will be my last. Conventional bacon and eggs breakfast -- over-easy eggs were fried hard, hash browns so small a portion it was hard to see them on the plate, bacon was burned and actually charred black on most pieces, and toast not even browned at all but soggy from the margarine they use. Over 15 minutes wait from order to food on the table, this was past peak period with 2/3 of restaurant empty. I could tolerate all this and give them another chance, except that when I paid for the meal, the gentleman owner was not at all interested in hearing my complaint. When paying on exit, he asked how I was (not how was the meal), then I presented my credit card. At that time I asked him if he had a new cook, he replied "no, the same one for 25 years". Then he got all upset that I should have told him before he had charged my card and that it was too late to refund my money. I told him I was not looking for a refund, but wanted him to know of my experience -- and at that time he was not interested in listening to me further. It was interesting however, that he did not have the ability to reverse the charge on my card. Too bad, since there are not many breakfast restaurants in Mountain Home that are not "fast food".

• Visited July 2012