“Delicious mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 68 Restaurants in Mountain Home
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We are open late and can easily accommodate large groups. We have ample parking (boats, buses, RV's welcome)and have a great kids menu selection (Mac and Cheese, chicken strips, burgers, etc.) and a many American items to please everyone in the group. We have a full bar with the best margaritas in town. We hope you'll join us!El Chico Cafe provides an upscale dining experience, serving top-quality Mexican food favorites with fresh, new specialties of today. Conveniently located on Hwy 412/62 bypass in front of Home Depot and across from WalMart Supercenter.A Mexican food tradition since 1940 has grown into more than 75 restaurants, including more than 25 franchise locations. The El Chico story began when Adelaida Cuellar's homemade tamales drew huge crowds at a small county fair in 1926. Her sons opened a cafe in Dallas,following their mother's recipes for enchiladas with chile con carnesauce. Today, El Chico is still serving top-quality Mexican food favorites with fresh new specialties of today.
Lakeview, AR
“Delicious mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We eat here at least once a week, service is always good, food delivery is always fast, food quality excellent! Fried Apple Pie & Cinnamon ice cream ..... to die for !!!!!!!!!!YUMMMY

Visited March 2012

OKC
“just a typical El Chico in Mountain Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good drinks, reasonable price, but kind of a nice change from eating trout for a week.

Visited May 2011
Mountain View, Arkansas
“More items offered at this El Chico than at the regular El Chico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was invited to a reception at El Chico in Mountain Home on Jan. 8, 2011. This was the first time I had visited an El Chico in probably 35 years. I was not impressed enough to return during all these years. I had heard that the El Chico in Mtn. Home was different and I found out that it indeed has an expansive menu from the normal El Chico.

The reception food array had southwest eggrolls, shrimp with hot pepper wrapped in bacon, chips and dip and several other items. I was very impressed with the selection. The manager came by and talked with us near the end of the reception. He told us that this El Chico was more of a restaurant than a regular El Chico which has a more limited menu. The Mtn. Home El Chico offers steaks and other items that are more upscale that the normal menu of an El Chico.

The building is new and the staff is very friendly and efficient. During the reception a waitress was periodically passing through to make sure our drinks were refilled and clearing away dishes. I live an hours drive south of Mountain Home so it is not too often that I go there unless it is to play golf at Big Creek. However, I may make it a point to stop by El Chico for dinner on my next golf outing. From the spread of food offered at the reception I expect it to be very good.

• Visited January 2011
USA
“Not the same ol' Mexican...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Some really unique menu items for a Mexican restaurant. I really liked the chicken mushroom bacon fajitas I had and the top shelf guacamole that is made with fresh ingredients right at your table. Really great dessert selections as well. Nice and clean, upscale atmosphere, friendly staff, convenient location.

Cherokee Village, AR
“Best Mex in the region...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I grew up in Tucson & lived in Hermosa Beach & San Leandro, CA, and most recently in Las Vegas (for 11 years) before retiring to NE Arkansas 3+ years ago. We know our Mexican cuisine. We've not had much luck in finding good Mexican food anywhere near our very rural area & even the few places we've tried in Little Rock & Memphis areas (each is 140 miles away) have been so-so. However, I took a chance on this El Chico because I had some errands nearby & I was hungry. I'd eaten 2ce at the El Chico in Jonesboro and had been disappointed both times so I wasn't expecting too much here. Wow! Was I suprised! I've been here 3 times so far (only for lunch as of yet) and everything has been great. The food has always been served hot, the tastes are authentic, service is polite, friendly, with frequent, but not TOO frequent drop-bys to check on my needs. The manager is cordial and visits w/most everybody without being condescending or bothersome. He keeps the place spotless and his crews stay on top of everything. Another HUGE plus for me is that there is a full bar. We live in a dry county (50 miles away) and I love a beer or 2 w/Mexican food. My wife has yet to be here w/me but I'm planning to bring her here for an overnight stay in the area and we'll come here for dinner.