“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn Hotel and Restaurant

Crystal Inn Hotel and Restaurant
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Ida
Crystal Inn Hotel and Restaurant
You added Crystal Inn Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
3489 Highway 270 East, Mount Ida, AR 71957   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Ida
Lakeside, California
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed a week in a comfortable, quiet and fully provisioned room. The pool and restaurant were just steps away. Compared in price and value to other accommodations in the area, this place is tops on my list. It is only a few miles from 'town' and the lake which is gorgeous.

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Crystal Inn. It is dated and old school but we like the nostalgic feeling if gave us. It reminded us of those family vacations we took when we were kids. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. Furnishings are dated, however, the microwave, small coffee maker, TV, and refrigerator are modern. The pool was nice and each room has its own rocking chair and picnic table just out side the door. The only negative we experienced was the uncomfortable springy mattresses; they need to be replaced. We definitely will stay there again the next time we visit the Mt. Ida area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about The Crystal Inn. The staff is unbelievable, they go out of their way to take pride in the Crystal Inn. The rooms are spotless, their pool is great, especially after a long day of mining. The only motel I've ever been to that offers floating loungers for the pool, the staff are all friendly and hospitality. This will be the only motel my husband and I will ever stay when we are in Arkansas.

• Stayed May 2014
Talmo, Ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stopped in southern Arkansas and let my GPS (no smart phone) look for motels about where I wanted to stop for the day. The Crystal Inn was on the way so I called for a room. After I heard how cheap it was, I was expecting a run down dive, but when I got there, I found a nice, clean little motel.
It had all of MY needs including a TV I never turned on. I had expected no internet, but there was a connection that worked sporadically. I had taken a ton of photos that day and I was able to upload what I wanted, check emails, etc.
The manager was very friendly, the pool looked clean, and there was even a guest sitting in a rocker (all the rooms have old wooden rocking chairs out front) playing an acoustic guitar and singing, so it was a nice, relaxing evening.
Just know the restaurant is only open weekends.

Room Tip: Ask where the WIFi is and get the closest room if internet is critical to you. In the middle, it com...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gunnison, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The best part of my stay here was the value price for the fairly clean room. The room is basic: bed, small bathroom, working TV (limited cable channels), small refrigerator and microwave.
There are no phones in rooms ( good luck finding a working pay phone in the area for those who don't use cell phones). While the property is older, there are very clear restrictions - NO crystals allowed in rooms (at the namesake hotel!) and no dirty shoes/clothing. I understand the desire to keep the place clean(er), but perhaps a "changing room" somewhere on site should be provided for crystal diggers etc. The restaurant was not operational during my visit due to a health situation of the owner, who stated that she soon looked forward to re-opening the café and serving (awesome) breakfasts.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place was exactly what I was expecting, based on the reviews I'd read. Our single was very cramped and outdated, but suited our needs just fine. Although there were some less-than-pleasant scents directly outside the threshold, they did not bleed into the room itself. The room boasted a microwave and a mini-fridge, which were greatly appreciated, and the rate we paid was very reasonable. The walls were paperthin, however, so my boyfriend and I struggled to get to sleep whenever our neighbors had their televisions on.

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days, but didn't notice their restaurant actually being operational during that time. Maybe they only serve food on weekends? Additionally, the staff never seemed to be in the office, and weren't too keen on answering the phone. While checking out, I noticed I was going to be charged $30 more than expected. When I pointed this out, the owner shrugged and said, "One of my employees must have messed up. I always go back and fix that stuff." Yikes! All that being said, I'd be willing to stay at this hotel a second time-- as long as the rates stay low!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Arthur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stopped by on a trip to Mt. Ida. We was looking for a place to eat. We ended up eating & staying there. Food was great. Personell friendly. We now go back regularly. In the last 4 years. have made 3 or 4 trip year. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: they have all different size rooms. Have stayed in several different ones - my fav is the &quo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!