“Great concept just needs a massive cash injection” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Taupiri
Auckland, New Zealand
13 attraction reviews
“Great concept just needs a massive cash injection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited here with our two young children and went to the candymaking demonstration. The kids thought the show was fantastic and they were able to make huge lollypops after it. As kids do they didnt notice that the place was seriously run down and dated and in need of a massive overhaul such a shame as a fab concept I hope they can get this sorted perhaps some cadbury sponsorship or similar as it is a unique place but like stepping back in time to the early 80's

Visited September 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“Waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to pop into Candyland on the way to Auckland after visiting Hamilton.
After leaving the main highway there are no further direction signs,It was only when I remembered that it was on the Gordonton Road that we found it. I wish we hadn't. Although we weren't there for the exhibition which we didn't mind, but finding that most of the shelves were empty was really disgusting. One thing that we wanted was chocolate fish but there weren't any on the shelf and only less than half a dozen in a jar.I asked the assistant but she said that she was the only one working and didn't have time to find me some..We were the only people in the shop..After that answer we immediately left empty handed and will never bother to stop there again.what a scruffy unwelcoming place.

Visited September 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“Needs a do up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Was so excited to come here with my partner who had never been but what a disappointment. Low stock and in need of a paint job. Used to be so cool, still could with some work

Visited January 2013
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

first time going to candyland. went with friends from canada, and came out feeling embarrassed. good range of lollies but way overpriced! went on the "tour", sat through some sort of introductory video shot in the 80's... turned out to be a video about how they made good profits in the beginning... Zzz. tour lady seemed grumpy with a general lack of passion for her job. when it came time to make the lollipops, we were handed the candy then they expected my 1.5 year old to make her own lollipop?!? i ended up trying to make two before they cooled and cracked.. needless to say it ended up on the floor. couldnt understand why they charge for children under 5 when they cant make their own lollipops? im a local and am NEVER going back. good one candyland, childhood dream shattered.

Visited June 2013
Kent
10 attraction reviews
“Sweet heaven!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We popped into Candyland, en route to Rotorua on a tour of NZ.

My husband, a confessed sweet addict, was happy and soon started to fill his bag with sweets, which soon got eaten on our road trip!

The giant lollipops went down very well with my NZ family - loved the bubblegum flavour.

Yes, the building is old and could do with updating and brightening up, but it is fun to look around. It was quiet when we were there, but we decided to stop for lunch and had a nice sandwich and muffin, served by a lovely girl.

Work in progress I would say but support your local businesses and enterprises. If we lived nearer we would, but the UK is a long way to travel when you need a sugar boost!

Visited March 2013