“EnPatagonia Tours....so incredibly great!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
“EnPatagonia Tours....so incredibly great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

In January-February we did our much anticipated trip of a lifetime. We did a trip around South America, including crossing over to Antarctica. We started in Buenos Aires, visited Iguazu Falls, and then made our way down to Antarctica and then back up again, ending in Santiago, Chile.

One of the "stops" on the way was (Puerto) Chacabuco. I had been researching what to do there, as in the port of Chacabuco itself, there is not much to do if you. I found reviews on TripAdvisor and CruiseCritic (the largest part of our trip was a cruise) on EnPatagonia Tours. The things I heard were very favorable and the information I got on the tour when I requested this by email, was detailed and it all sounded so good.

I put together a tour with Anne of EnPatagonia Tours and many of our cruise roll call signed in for this tour. I was really looking forward to this tour and my excitement rose even more when somebody I was in contact with who was on the cruise before ours, emailed to me saying "we were in for a treat".

Treat it was! This day was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. We had an amazing time and when it was time to go back to the ship, all I could see from my roll call group were huge smiles on all the faces.

If you would like to know about particulars, I wrote about this tour in my blog on TravelPod and added photo's as well. Have a look if you like.

I can only say dealing with EnPatagonia and Anne was fantastic. They did their upmost best to make this day special for us and it truly was.

This is link to my blog entry with the photo's. You can click on any photo and then a window opens where you can click to the previous and next photo's with the little arrows.

With choosing for this tour, you just can't go wrong.

Red Lake, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Like others have said, I was very leary of booking a non cruise tour during our trip to South America. When all was done Annes company provided such and exciting, energetic and well organized tour at such a great price, I would recomment this tour to everyone. We had a great time and loved the trip to the farm for lunch and entertainment. All the extras our guide Jacqueline provided were really appreciated and we were delivered back to the cruise ship with enough time to spare that we could walk around town before heading on board again. Great job, well done.

Ottawa
“The New Gold Standard for Shore Excursions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Anne and her team provided a most memorable experience for our group of four well seasoned travellers. Finding enPatagonia on the web was pure serendipity. But such unknowns can be a real gamble. I can only endorse all the most favourable comments below. Anne in Wyoming and Mark and her team in remote Puerto Chacabuco provided a rich cultural experience in a most entertaining and informative, well managed style. Walking across a working farm in the mists of Patagonia to drink Pisco Sours, feast on barbecued lamb, imbibe with Chilean wine and dance with award winning dancers set a new standard for overall quality in what a traveller's local experience can be in just a few hours. A valuable experience for a most reasonable price. Would that the ship's tours could deserve such consistently high ratings.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
29 attraction reviews
“Into the campo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

With a leap of faith based on Trip Advisor reviews, we booked a trip with enPatagonia for a group of ten traveling on the Sojourn around Patagonia. Highlights of the day's outing included enjoying the varying scenery of the Simpson River Valley, including sprawling Puerto Aysen, vigorous cascades, a roadside shrine, and a cheerful meal on a farm high in the hills. Our guide, Mark, an expat teacher and NOLS instructor brought his son along and we also met the rest of his family who joined our group at lunch. Mark's narration of the history, culture, and customs of the area, including sharing mate', enlivened the experience. Enjoying the grilled lunch with wine, and music amid the bright gardens of the farm, sharing the grandmother's pride in her bright-eyed grandson, brought us closer to the essence of Chile than any other tour.

St. Pete Beach, FL
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

One of the highlights of our cruise. The whole tour was well-executed from pick-up to drop off. Mark, our tour guide, talked continuously with great vigor about life in Chile and its culture. We had magnificent weather as well. The 'campo' was a great way to sample life in Patagonia. The farm family provided us with a great lunch and wonderful entertainment.

Visited January 2013