“some mixed feelings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Reloj Hotel

You added El Reloj Hotel to your Saves list
El Reloj Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av General Baquedano 828 | Av General Baquedano 828, Coyhaique Av General Baquedano 828, Chile   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Coyhaique
Yorks
“some mixed feelings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights as a base to explore the area. Our room was quite cramped with a largish dining table taking up space unnecessarily. The bathroom was also cramped and there was nowhere to hang towels or clothing; no rail, hook or peg. The furnishings and carpet were rather worn and dated and the carpet could have done with a clean. We had a partial view of roof and lovely hillside.
Downstairs was much better! The lounge and dining areas were comfortable and well furnished and the food was very good. Fish and sea food is a speciality and we were introduced to some local dishes. On our first night there was no reasonable priced red wine available and that needs to be sorted.

Room Tip: I think some rooms must be bteter than the one we had!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed four days at El Reloj Hotel, and found it to be an excellent choice. The room was fine, with a beautiful view of the valley. The small dining room served very good food with good service. The included breakfast was high quality and ample. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We used the hotel as a base for exploring the area, and had a wonderful day of fly fishing on a high Andean stream with a guide. The town is charming and offers good choices of restaurants. We recommend this hotel highly and would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: A back room with a view of the valley is recommended.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Murrieta California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent a total of four nights at the El Reloj and was surprised at the quality and cleanliness of the rooms, the helpful and friendly staff and the excellent meals. The owner, Don Angel, went out of his way to help me find lodging in other towns along the Carretera Austral. With the decline of the dollar against almost all world currencies, hotels in Coyhaique and in fact in all of Chile are getting more expensive than they used to be. What I paid was well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for room #21. It is the latest addition, modern, large, quiet, private, with large windows
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
santiago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I made a reservation by email, I received an email back from El Reloj saying that I had to confirm my reservation sending a credit card. I did it. When I called them the day before traveling to make sure everything was fine, they were unable to tell me the status of my reservation because the "system was down". They also said I should have gotten a reconfirmation which I never got. I was lucky to get another Hotel. I am a Chilean so language was not the problem.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were returning to civilization from hiking in Quelat, and appreciated clean, comfortable room. The staff was helpful, and breakfast was good. Good location, on main street at edge of town. Price seemed a little high, but Coyaique is not a cheap town, so reasonable for area and what you get.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We came after a long flight from Israel and realy enjoyed our stay in 2 rooms with a great dinner. Calm atmosphere and pleasant and tasty breakfast. Great view of the Reserva from the windows of the room and breakfast hall.
We came again on our last night after a week in Patagonia and loved it once again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Our son spent close to 6 months in Patagonia in an outdoor course.... he had a little holiday time and he and his fellow traveling amigo found this treasure of a hotel. We came down in March as his course to get to experience the beauty of Patagonia and our son insisted we stay at El Reloj. I am so happy we did... from the moment we arrived we were so taken care of. The way they treat their guests is indicative of how they treat their hotel.... with love & respect. The hotel is impeccable in every way.... from fluffing up the sofa in the lobby, to steaming the dinner wine glasses before they place them on the table. We speak very little spanish and it didn't matter.... we were able to communicate well enough and Francisco, the owners son speaks english and he is so kind. The view from our windows were spectacular.... the photo I showed was only part of the exquisite panaramic view from our bed. I told my husband quite a few times.... that we could just sit in the room for the view and I'd be happy :) The food was delicious... my family mosty ordered their lamb and salmon dishes. Their presentation is lovely.... They have a nice wine selection as well. We were served a lovely breakfast each morning with a freshly baked tarte, homemade bread, cheeses, meat, cereal, yogurt, fruit salad and wonderful cafe con leche. And.... they have a Wonderful dog.... Adina.... she is part St Bernard and part collie. We loved her ! The whole staff is wonderful and the owners Angel, Adriana, and Francisco found a place in our hearts.... amazing how we didn't even really speak the same language and yet we communicated so well. Mucho Gracious to El Reloj

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to El Reloj Hotel? Share your experiences!