“Clean and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Country Inn

Sun Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mena
Sun Country Inn
You added Sun Country Inn to your Saves list
1309 Hwy 71 North, Mena, AR 71953   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Mena B&B and Inns
Petal, Mississippi
“Clean and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have stayed here several times for 2-3 days at a time. The double rooms are spacious enough for 4 of us and clean. The pool is crystal clear. The gift shop is excellent. Most of all the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are suites available for adults only.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greenbrier
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The desk clerk was very nice and when we asked for a discount she did give us $10 off our room. The rooms are pricey for this area. She quoted me a price of $90 at first. The room is very basic. The beds we ok but not great. The room was clean. I did not understand though, we were put under 2 families w/children. The motel was not full and my husband and I heard running all night above us. Next time I will request no children above us. This motel is way too average to charge the high prices but they have no competition so they can do it.

Room Tip: Don't just pay the first charge but request a discount. There is no elavator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

When I inquired about the hotel facilities, they stated that is was the newest place in Mena. They were right! It is obvious that the owner continues to update the property.

Our group checked in fast, and we had rooms in the back building that is one story. The room was clean, had a refrigerator, coffee maker, and plenty of large fluffy towels. Bedding was clean, and there were plenty of toiletries if you forgot the basics. Water was hot, and great pressure. They provided us motorcycle towels so we didn't soil the good linens in the room.

Ice machines and vending were easily accessible, and there is a pool on property. They could use more seating at the pool. There were multiple wi-fi access points, and the service was great.

They did have coffee 24hrs a day, but no continental breakfast. They don't have the room really to offer this, but it would have been nice. The rates were a bit high for me for this not to be offered - but this was totally overshadowed by the cleanliness of the property.

My friends agreed, we would definitely stay there again. We did check out the other 2 big hotels in town, and this one is by far the nicest.

Room Tip: Grab the one floor building on the back of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Leavenworth, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were traveling withour 3 grandchildren. While the room appeared clean the carpets were filthy. After the kids had bathed, they ran around the room abit.... while they climbed in bed I noticed their feet. Not brown but black from the dirty carpets. The price of the room could have been alittle better since no continental breakfast was offered.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were just there for one night...The ladies in the office were very friendly and helpful...
the rooms were very clean (there was a roach trap behind the night stand and yes had a couple of bugs in it...but did not see any bugs running around) and there were plenty of towels for the pool...Which we used the whole afternoon...very nice.
Would we stay here again...probably...would we try somewhere else while we are in this area...yes...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed here about 5 times, 2 or 3 times over the last year. Staff and owner is very friendly and goes the extra mile too make sure that you are treated as family. I have stayed here while working in the area and felt at home. Also are biker friendly. They can and will listen too your needs and do their best to accommodate you. I will stay again on business and or on a bike ride.

• Stayed November 2011
Vivian, Louisiana.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We went to Mena to do some work on a nearby Church. Had never stayed in Mena prior to this. Wan not sure what to expect. I called and made reservations at the Sun Country Inn. The folks on the phone were pleasant and very helpful. I had a grandson traveling with me and asked them if I could put a blow up bed in the room. They told me that that was fine and that they would make sure there was linen for the bed, which they did. The room was large and very clean could not ask for a better place to stay. When I go back to Mena I will stay there again. There was no noise during the night. This is really a nice place to stay and it is close to everything.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sun Country Inn? Share your experiences!