“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Maumelle
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I read the reviews on the motels website. They were very favorable so I made a reservation for our return trip home. The day before, I called to request a downstairs room since I am in a wheelchair. The gentleman said they had a handicapped room that was not listed on the website and would I like to reserve the room. So I did and the room was great. Very clean and walk-in shower in a bathroom that was great. We went to the BBQ restaurant in front of the motel and it was delicious. Missed the continental breakfast but there's a McDonald's across the street. Great night's stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
De Queen, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Although I was unable to check in at the check in time (due to a packed house the previous night) the hotel manager was super friendly. A+ to staff!!
The outside appearance is clean and well kept. The room was very clean and comfy.
I will definitely be staying here again should I ever travel back to Maumelle area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Pikesville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

With Americas Best Value motels, it's a crap shoot -- and this one is a winner. Very clean, relatively new, with amenities not always found in ABVI properties. Very friendly and helpful desk clerks, great barbeque joint just across the parking lot, good bed. Only downside is a TV set from the last century, but excellent choice of channels. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and eat at the barbeque shack next door.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

These Inns don't have the hype of the big chains but I've found them to be an exceptional value. The one in Maumelle was selected because of the reviews and they were correct. Good, clean room, well appointed, nice bath area, mini fridge and microwave, clean and adequate breakfast area. The continental breakfast was on par with others but this location did have hot biscuits and gravy which a lot don't. For the $59.95 I paid, I'll look for other locations as I travel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We've gotten picky about our hotels in middle-age and like higher-end, but I booked this to save my husband some $$. The front desk guy is so friendly and helpful. Our room was super clean, and had everything we needed. I heard a dripping sound & discovered a leak behind the toilet; they fixed it right away. Then the heater broke (circuit board died) and they offered to either fix it in 10 minutes or we could change rooms. We said we'd stay put if they fix it that quickly...front desk guy came back with his father, who was also really nice, and they removed the old heater and installed a new one! That was some weird luck, but they took care of everything promptly.

Stayed January 2014
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I found this hotel by accident and I am so glad we did. We were planning to stop at the hotel across the street when we saw the sign out front advertising this hotel as newly remodeled. The front desk person was great and the room was clean and smelled great like a non-smoking room should. I was a little worried when I saw all the large trucks parked, but they were on the opposite side of the hotel and had a completely separate parking lot from the cars. I never heard them after we got in our room. There were three restaurants within a short walking distance, and we brought our dinner back. So nice after all day in a car.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, away from trucks and pool though it was too chilly when we were...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Don't let the name fool you. Most ABV's are pretty run down. This one is nice and has the best owner/staff in the area. I will pick this hotel every time I am in Maumelle. They really care about the property. Stay away from the hotel across the street. There are many issues that need to be resolved there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!