“Vacation 2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Harbour Grace, Canada
“Vacation 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks there was 10 of us in our party.. We stayed in the garden view area. The hotel was beautiful and the food was great , entertainment staff were very friendly. I was disappointed because the day we arrived we arrived at the Main Hotel and went to reception only to be told you had to register at the garden view area we had to get a trolley to that area. The resort advertises that they have turn down service nightly, we were there for 2 weeks and had turn down service twice.There were other minor incidents with the room but were all rectified when we called the main lobby. No free wi-fi. Hotel bar and pool in this area was nice , bartenders were very friendly. The problem with this was that this area closed at 6pm , they could have had the bar open for guests in this area at least until 10pm you had to go to the main hotel if we all wanted to socialize together. All entertainment was in the main hotel , there was no entertainment at all in the area we stayed. A couple of nights we came back to the garden view area just to get together outside, while there a security guard stayed close by, which made you feel uncomfortable. The beach was a long walk from the garden view area. I think if I ever go back to Dominican I will try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Go Preferred or stay in the main hotel. All entertainment is in the center of the main hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel Manager N, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear ryan596
From the all team that working on Now Larimar, Thank you so much for your positive feedback!!
I am truly delighted to read that our service team and experience all together exceeded your expectations.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again
Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,278)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Estherville, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Now Larimar is a great resort. I traveled with my husband and one other couple we are all in our mid 20s. When we first got to the resort they tried to put us in a back portion of the resort that was very separated from the majority of the resort. It looked very nice and had it's own pool and restaurant but was a trolley ride from all of the activities, restaurants and the ocean so we decided to pay an upgrade fee to move to the front portion of the resort. We were not disappointed with our decision although other people who had booked with AppleVacations did not have to pay the fee to be put in the front resort which was disappointing.
The food was pretty good at this resort. They have lots of choices and different types of restaurants. The buffet was very good and always had different types of food, including crepes with a strawberry jam that was to die for!
We usually stay at adults only resorts and I think I do prefer them. It is a bit of a different atmosphere when kids are allowed. It definitely wasn't bad but I think it's a little better at adults only. The entertainment seemed to be directed towards children and it didn't seem as romantic as adult only resorts do.
The beach is GREAT. White sand beach with plenty of chairs! The pool with the swim up bar is also wonderful! Never have to worry about getting out of the water for another drink!
I would definitely recommend this resort to others. We enjoyed our trip and would love to go back again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager N, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Hashl
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay in our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Now Larimar Punta Cana; and on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
Critics like yours, allow us to see the hotel from the point of view of the customer, and see through your eyes as you lived your holiday also you help us to improve the service that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My daughter and I travelled from the UK to Punta Cana, it was an 11 hour trip, so were very glad to get there. This was our second visit to DR, but last year stayed at Ocean Blue and Sand, which we thought was really great, so were hoping we had not made the wrong choice to change to Now Larimar. We were not disapointed. The hotel was great, from the moment we checked in, the service was excellent, or "excellente" as they like to say. The room was immaculate, and the bathroom was to die for, with a separate wet room, Thanks to our maid Hilda our room 2442 was always spotless. The beach was great, and it was really good to have individual beach umbrellas. We liked the restaurants, and thought the food was to a very high standard and the choice, especially in the buffet was amazing, Our breakfast waiter Miguel Solas worked so hard and he was always so happy, he really started our day with a smile. The animation team, especially Negroni and Mickey Mouse were fantastic and kept the party atmosphere going. The evening shows were very good. The only thing we would suggest is that there were another area in the evening, outside, other than the Plaza where you could sit and have a drink, the Plaza was always laid up with chairs like a theatre, so unless you wanted to sit with hundreds of people in a row there was really no outside areas where you could go. However a fantastic place, and will go again.

Room Tip: We had room 2442 facing away from the pools, it was on the 4th floor so we had a sea view, it was a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Christina H
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Now Larimar Punta Cana, in our hotel we are honored to have customers like you thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and on your name we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
We look forward to seeing you again
Cordially
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is the first non-adults only resort that my husband and I have stayed at. Overall, it was a great resort, and we enjoyed our time there. In the future we will likely not do another family friendly resort though. The entertainment at night is some of the best we've ever seen! We stayed in the Garden View and had every intention of upgrading to a different room. Once we got there, we upgraded to preferred and decided we liked our room right where it was! I don't feel like we got a lot of extra perks being preferred, but we received what we wanted out of it. I would say the food is average. We didn't go hungry, but we weren't blown away either. One thing that we were disappointed in is that we didn't get turn down service the first or last night. I feel like they just gave up on us because they knew we were going home. I didn't have creamer or splenda for my coffee, our mini fridge wasn't restocked, and no turn down service on our last night. We were actually looking forward to seeing if they did something special for us...it was a bit of a letdown, though not earth shattering. Overall, we will probably not return to the Dominican Republic, and therefore not this resort but I would recommend it to families. The beach and pools were beautiful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear COstorga
Thank you very much for sharing all your experiences in the Now Larimar hotel and thank you for choosing us for your holidays.
For us it is an honor to receive reviews from our guest more if we could read that we have managed to exceed such important expectations.
I am glad to know that my personnel could make your holiday memorable!.
We will love to greet you soon again, so we have another chance to continue surprising you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your all the best.
Yours sincerely,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Now Larimar in Punta Cana has to be one of the best resorts out there because I can't imagine anything topping our stay here! The staff was friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel, beach, and restaurants was super clean and inviting. The entertainment team was EXCELLENTE!!! Gabriella and Juana were the most accommodating concierges. The wait staff including but not limited to Jairo, Sandra, Henry, Stanley and Ambiorix was amazing! The food was out of this world! The entertainment staff, Chris Rock, JC, Negrony, Dindo, Mickey Mouse and Big daddy were EXCELLENTE!!! They really kept everyone happy and enjoying the resort. It was nice to get to know some of them on a more personal level too. They couldn't have been friendlier. We can't wait to return to this resort next year...and bring the kids too!

Room Tip: The Preferred Club is well worth the extra money...both for service and room location.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria M:
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Now Larimar, and on your name we will congratulate our personnel, for helping to make your stay memorable.
Hoping we will see you soon .
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Excellent service. Awesome resort. Beach was nice. Service was great. The walk from the Garden View area to the beach was about ten minutes. A bit long. Food and drink was good. Rooms and room service was also good. 24 hour room service as part of the package was also nice.

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are quite far from the beach. Cart rides to the beach only go half way down. Garde...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear pontova:
We will look forward to welcoming you back again
Kind regards
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Amazing staff for the second you walk in the door. Property is immaculate. Rooms are nice and clean. Pay the extra to be a preferred guest and worry about nothing. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is the food, but I don't think it's the hotel, I think it's the DR. We ate at every restaurant on the property including beachside and room service and my suggestion would be to pack a suitcase with snacks. Beach is nice - plenty of chairs no matter when you go. We were there spring break but were never bothered by rowdy kids. Security is tight. No fear of anyone getting on the property that doesn't belong there. Again, pay to be preferred.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear SBB60
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your comments about your recent stay in our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacations at Now Larimar Punta Cana.
Hotel Manager

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!