“Punta Cana Dominican Republic/ Family spring break trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Bavaro
Freezing cold MI
“Punta Cana Dominican Republic/ Family spring break trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had a great time at Now Larimar with our 3 kids and another family of 4 Spring Break 2013. This was our first time taking the kids to an all inclusive as we usually do the Disney Cruise/ Florida for Spring Break. The entertainment staff was awesome and my kids LOVED them all! They really got families involved in the fun. Chocolatte and Eddie Murphy were two of their favorite. My 6 year old son loved the kids club and cried when we made him leave. The kids loved the trampoline, dancing lessons, water aerobics and beach workouts. We all loved the beach family contest and games. The nightly shows and the game shows were a lot of fun.

The food was okay, but mostly we chose the buffet as had long waits for a table for 9. Although it was expected for Spring Break, the resort was not full or that busy.
Our rooms were okay/ but nothing fancy. We had a few things break but they were repaired when we called. We did not have a nice view, overlooking a condo/ apartment and on an alley. It was often noisy on that side. We were in the Preferred club building but wish we would have had a pool view to not overlook the alley. The Preferred club lounge was nice for a drink/ snack and my daughters and I enjoyed going down in the a.m. and getting cappuccinos and sitting on their patio outside.
The local traffic on the beach was a bit disturbing. The locals would constantly try and sell things to you and a few attempted to talk to my tween daughters. We mostly lounged by the pool because of this.
The staff was amazing and worked very hard to please non stop.
The spa was nice. My daughter won a free massage from playing so many of the pool/ beach games. They earned bucks and could redeem them for things.
Punta Cana's airport is always a cluster. We have been there during non peak times before and security / check in is always a very long process.
I am curious to see how it compares to Iberostar's family resorts and beaches. We chose this resort as it was the most affordable at the time, with fair reviews.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear luvsunfun;
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor about experience among us. I have no words to express our most sincere gratitude for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to know that you choose us for such a special trip as family trip. Comments like yours are a true inspiration to our continued pursuit of excellence in everything.
We have congratulate our personnel whose service contributed in your and yours kids happiness
On the other hand, it would be an honor if I can meet you personally for a next time, if that happens, do not hesitate to contact us time.
Warm regards
Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,082)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
sparkythewonderdog
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our experience at the Now Larimar. The food was very good for an all inclusive. We loved the A La Carte Restaurants. The evening shows were great. For Oscar night they went all out. The bowling alley was fun in the evenings. The weather was perfect. The beach was beautiful. Great pools and even the different kids entertainment is good fun - look out for the inflatables day and the bubbles.

The only thing we didn't like was being asked to buy things from people as you walk the beach. If you aren't interested make it clear and be firm or you will be harassed.

Room Tip: We had garden view rooms and at first I was very mad. I wanted to be near the beach and this is qui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear sparkythewonderdog
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Now Larimar Punta Cana, in our hotel we are honored to have customers like you and thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as much; on your name we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable specially during the Oscar Night, also we take note of your kindly suggestions about the beach people. We look forward to seeing you again
Cordially
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Fantastic Resort. My wife and I just spent 10 glorious days enjoying the beach, weather, food, entertainment and the friendly staff. Special thanks to the two lovely ladies (Gabriela and Maria) in Preferred as well as Angy (Angry without the R) who always offered a friendly face in the Main Lobby. Can't wait for a return visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Milt M
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Now Larimar Punta Cana, and on your name we will congratulate our personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
On behalf of my team, I want to thank you again for choosing us over other Caribbean hotels for your holidays
Hoping we will see you soon . Warm regards
Port Clinton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was one of my better Caribbean vacations. Been traveling the islands for many years.
The daily entertainment was very good and lots of fun. The entertainment team was the best I have seen in many years. Sexy Belly, Nagrony, J.C. Dindo, Mozart Jackson, Billy Chapman and Isabella made our week there very entertaining. Food was good, drinks were fine, place was clean. Best beach on the strip. Room was good. Have to have your patio door closed and locked to have your A.C. work. And then it works fantastic. Weather was wonderful. Plenty of things to do on the water provided by the hotel. Parasailing, Hobie cats, etc. Plenty of games
provided by the entertainment team. Excellent time will go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Denton G:
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Now Larimar Punta Cana, and on your behalf we will congratulate our personnel, for helping to make your stay memorable.
Critics like yours, help us to improve the service, that is why we are taking note about your kind suggestions
Warm regards
Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

For the March school break we invited our daughter and grand-daughter to stay with us at the Now Larimar.
We got in last month on Friday February/28/2014.
Got there around 1:30 pm room was not ready we were told it would be ready in about one hour, ok no problemo, went to eat came back after approx. 90 min. To be told they were looking for a room for us, so we waited, 60 minutes wen buy, then they told us they had found a room for us they were getting it ready unfortunately not what we had paid for, then they said they had a room ready and exactly what we had asked, great we walked over to our room with our porter Luis and to our surprise only one bed in the room for four of us, Luis called the front desk but they said no other rooms were available we had to live with it for tonight and to call the front desk in the morning after 9am, Luis got us a bunk bed so we slept 3 adults and one 5 year old with one bed and a small bunk bed, but we were resigned that nothing would ruin our trip with our grand-daughter, next day in the morning I walked over to the front desk and was told to come back after 3pm, at around 5pm we moved to another room with 2 beds, had to call the front desk to repair the shower door that was falling off and also the patio door that was about impossible to slide, maintenance guy was there in 10 minutes.
We did not want to complain again so we took care by ourself of killing about 30 mosquitos in our room, figured it was probably the previous tenant that had left the patio door opened since it was so hard to close.
Things seemed back to normal and going great until the wife developed a serious gastro problem from the food lost conscience and hit her head on the night table at 6am on Wednesday when she got up to go to the washroom, she had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance and pumped with all kinds of IVs,
$3,200.
It was kind of sad that after all this we never heard from the hotel management or our Transat agent at the Hotel who was more interested in selling us excursions even after I told him our unlucky stay.

Now for the good part: we have no complain about the staff, Melenissa at the front desk did everything she could to get us a room and none stop apologies, Luis the porter was great always at our service, when the wife got sick my daughter called the front desk and the night manager (Pedro Lopez) was there in 5 minutes he got the night doctor and she was there in 5 min. Max. I only have praise for the professional way they handled the situation.
The hotel have great staff people who work hard to make your stay a happy one, we tip every chance we get and they do appreciate it and deserve it but, they do not wait for a tip the service is great tip or no tip, they all told us that they love their job even with their long hours.
We got to meet the Celier man Teofilio a really friendly person he was very helpful during our stay I hope the hotel don't ever let this guy go he works none stop.
The shows are the best " the King" Mozzart Jackson is not to be missed great cast.
As for the kids club I would say that was the best part of our stay, my grand-daughter loved it and that made it all worth it, a big thank you to Marilyn, Ruth, Carmen, Luisa and Mariel my grand-daughter had the best time ever thanks to you and your hard work.
Would we go back again; we'll the way I look at it everybody should get a second chance, so our answer is yes.
The pool the room the beach is great, the resort is beautiful and great for kids, in January we stayed at the adult only Turquesa (adult only) part of the Palladium resort we go south 3 times a year 2 trips adults only just for the wife and I and one as a family, first time we had a food problem but the way I look at it is that it could even happen at home.

Room Tip: We had a pool view it was great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Michel D
Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.
We regret that your experience at our hotel was not fully satisfactory and we were unable to exceed your expectations. Thank you for the detailed and clear review that you have written to us because it helps us improve the quality of our resort,.
The first thing we would say is that we deeply regret having failed to reach the level you expected on our hotel and the communication in the check in , we would like to inform you that we are already working in that matter with our concierges and rest of pur personnel. We understand your frustration upon your arrival, regarding the beds issue, to avoiding such type of situations again, we are working with all the front desk department. We are very sorry about that first impression we gave you because sometimes due to that misunderstandings, clients can not perceive the beauty and good services that characterizes us.
But we are glad to read that above all you had a nice vacation experience.
Again, thank you for choosing us for your holidays, and we hope that eventually, you will give us another chance to surprise you with our hotel and service.
In the name of my whole team, again excuse us.
Yours sincerely,
New Prague, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Fantastic service my entire stay! Resort is beautiful and in great shape--- really kept up.

Restaurants are wonderful and the food was great!! I'll be back. Entertainment was always different and exciting.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wayne T:
Greetings from the Now Larimar, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the hotel.
It is our honour to know that of all the beautiful Caribbean hotels you chose us , that’s why every day we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests.
Comments like yours give us strength to continue on our way, thank you for your warm words of support and encouragement, your message will be communicated to all staff to share the joy I felt when reading it.
We want to meet you again soon.
Regards
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had a great time at Now Larimar, the service at the resort was "Excellente". Entertainment was very good, specifically on the entertainment team, Chocolate, Motzart, Negrony - super nice guys. Other staff to mention- In the restaurant, Osvaldo and our favourite transporter Ismael Martinez who was friendly and courteous and good at learning languages :-) Paid for preferred club, not sure we received all the bathroom extras they mentioned, but having the preferred club restaurant, pool and beach area was nice. Only thing I would say that we were not too happy with, was the smoking in all the public areas. Maybe something to improve on - if they had a section on patio restaurants, pools and beaches for smokers (preferrably where the smoke blows away from non-smokers). They could even let smokers have their own pool area ! Was not very pleasant to have smoke wafting in the air throughout your meals. Other than that - food, amenities and service was very good. We would consider going back !

Room Tip: New Section Block 7 which was closer to the gate was a good location for us, it faced the pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear 562Savuka
Hoping we will see you soon . Warm regards
Hotel Manager

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!