“if you like screeching kids and tatoos this is for you” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bavaro
bristol uk
“if you like screeching kids and tatoos this is for you”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you like noisy children and tattoos and thats just on the ladies you will like Now Larimar.

The plus side of Now are the staff and bars and restaurants. All the food and drinks we had during our stay were excelent including the service.

The downside we stayed in room 2255 and all of the rooms this side of the complex were in the shadow all day. Dont believe everything the reception staff tell you Samuel or Davis promised me wine in my room,never arrived.The room had not been cleaned and the shower was in bits on the floor.We never received the daily newspaper.The supposed quiet pool was anything but with noisy unsupervised kids screeming and shouting.

Unlimited Vacations Club dont bother its a time share con and will waste half a day.Check the internet there are over 400 complaints about them.

Best restaurant and pool is Secrets the golf buggy will take you there day or night.

Must mention Alejandu,Allfonso and Sajova for their wonderful service.

Would I go again "NO"

Room Tip: rooms on the left toward the beach get the sun
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,953)
  • Polish first
Corona, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First of all, thank you to the amazing staff! We loved so many of you: Yancely, Cinthia, Karen, Isabel, Jorge, Leni, Modesto, Chocolate, JC, Dellanara, Carlos, Danieli, Salome, Ramona, Gabriella! Special shout out to Modesto... fantastic waiter in the International Cafe. Another big thank you to the Entertainment staff, we LOVED YOU ALL... and really enjoyed seeing you throughout the resort and shows. Lastly, Salome was our favorite waiter at the beach, always a smile and great service!

The resort was really wonderful, beautiful and relaxing. The activities, pools, fitness gym and beach areas were very inviting, clean and nicely serviced. The hotel room was nice, although I would have enjoyed a softer/plumper bed. LOVED the bars, nightly entertainment... and the food! All the restaurants were YUMMY and had nice ambiance. Lastly, Leni was the bomb... our favorite bartender (Love the Lemondrops)!!!

We have been to multiple all inclusives (in Punta Cana) and other resorts in Aruba, Grand Caymen, Cancun.... with all those comparisons, Now Larimar ranks right at the top. Thank you for a fun, relaxing, laughter filled vacation!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sudbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at Now Larimar Dec.4- 11 2012 we had a very good time overall, we did find that the buffet was somewhat the same everyday compared to other resorts we have stayed at on Bavaro beach eg, Palladium, Princess, Majestic. The food was fine could always find something to eat.We did stay in the Preferred Section which turned out great for us as we were travelling with our daughter,son inlaw 14 yr. old grand son ,3yr.old grand daughter and 9 month old twin grand daughters so staying around the preferred pool area with the covered day beds were perfect for all of the grand kids to nap while we could still enjoy the sun, views, and pool bar. Mercedes & Johan took very good care of us,if they saw we were looking thirsty they would be right over.The Preferred room with the jacuzzi tub on the balcony was very nice to bath the little ones after finishing up around the pool. I feel the beach from Grand Palladium Resorts north to the Majestic resorts is the nicest more palm trees and cleaner water just my opinion. We would consider going back to Now Larimar if the price was right as we did have a good time.

Room Tip: We felt the Preferred Section was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a week at The Now Larimar in Punta Cana! Every team member of the Preferred Club made us feel like old friends and treated us royally. Special mentions go to Marcellino, Samuel, Yulancey, Ramona and Gabriella for making this trip fantastic. We wish everyone all the best and want to say thank you one more time. Also, to the best waiter in the Preferred Club section of the buffet, Modesto, many thanks to you as well.

Our travel agent, Nina from Out of Here Travel, recommended we try The Now Larimar. When we did the initial research prior to booking, we were a little hesitant due to some negative reviews. However, as we have come to find out, some people will never be happy. Many of the positive comments were justified; however, we experienced not one negative experience during our eight day stay. Just because it’s an all-inclusive resort, please remember that the employees work long hours and sacrifice much to make your vacation special. A few dollars here and there for some tips go a long way for them, and you will certainly be surprised how much appreciation you will receive.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Preferred Club Master Suites are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went there as a couple in April this year and as soon as our tired bodies arrived at the hotel we were subjected to a hard sell on their NEW RESORT, luckily I declined everything but I noticed as soon as i set foot in the reception area I was again hasseled to "upgrade".
We noticed lots of weary couples arriving to this same shameful treatment.
Otherwise a fine resort but this left a bad taste in ones mouth.
SHAME ON YOU.

Room Tip: Excellent resort, DON'T UPGRADE, to the lonely private area.....sad.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Let me start by saying if this was Mexico they would be getting a much lower rating from me. That being said the tourism industry in the D.R. is immature compared so I have cut a lot of slack.
I stayed at the Now Larimar for my brother’s wedding on December 2nd. weather was nice for about three days and it was overcast almost the rest of our 10 day stay so be warned you won’t get a lot of sun if you travel at this time of year but the temperature is still very pleasant– also be warned of the mosquitos and sand fleas – almost everyone in my party suffered from either terrible mosquito bites or sand flees so don’t forget to pack the bug spray this time of year!
The resort grounds are lovely! Very modern and well kept, there are several gorgeous pools and all are just steps away from the beautiful white sand beach. Be warned though if you are booking at this hotel make sure that you don’t book the ‘’Garden view” rooms – they are a 15 minute walk or a shuttle from the actual hotel and beach. My sister found this out when she checked in and paid and extra $150 for a room close to the beach so this is an option but it costs$$.
The staff was very friendly at the buffet and the restaurants, very attentive and accommodating. The food at the restaurants was also very good. If you are from north America through – the dairy is terrible(anywhere in the D.R.) – don’t order anything with cheese as you will be very disappointed. The beach buffet was great – tasty burgers and nachos all day. The rooms we comfortable and very nice and modern (what you would expect from a 4 start hotel in a third world country).
I will definitely recommend that if you have any request or complaints to go to the front desk directly. Anything that was handled via the phone or e-mail was completely screwed up or wrong. I was delayed one day on my journey there and e-mailed the front desk to notify them that I would not be checking in for an extra day and to please notify anyone of (I listed 6 people) that I would not be arriving that day. My father waited in the lobby for 8 hours waiting for word on my whereabouts as they simply did not communicate my message. My father was convinced I was kidnapped and was threatening to call the police because I was missing by the time that my sister managed to convince the airline to tell them that I had missed my flight and was scheduled the next day. I will be writing the head office of the resort to complain about this and will update my review with how they respond.
We also booked an excursion on a catamaran through the hotel and my father called the front desk to ask if we needed to bring towels or if they were supplied and was told that they were supplied on the excursion. We were informed once we reached the boat (when it was too late) that towels were not in fact supplied.
The wedding package also was supposed to include several things that just never arrived (they were supposed to get breakfast in bed the morning after; they made their order the night before ad it never arrived etc.). They also were supposed to move them from a regular room to the honeymoon suite the day of the wedding but would not tell them when the room was going to be ready so that they could communicate to the rest of the wedding party where to be and when.
The bartender at the wedding was fantastic, funny, quick with service and had a giant smile on the whole time. The served appies on the beach at he wedding which were very good and the dinner of lobster and steak was really delicious, although it does not come with garlic butter for the lobster so if you order make sure to order melted butter on the side if you like it the north American way! The wedding cake and dessert were also delicious. Job very well done by the chef.
All in all this sounds like a negative review but it’s just a few things to be aware of – I think it’s a lot about communication there as their English in general is not very good. Just make sure that your expectations are clear and speak to them directly and you will enjoy the beautiful grounds, wonderful food, friendly staff and spectacular beaches.

Room Tip: don't stay in the garden rooms they are too far from the beach and main resort and the higher ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Rooms were very clean and tidy. Food was very good and the only restaurant that you needed a reservation for was the Asian. Bar service was very good and they even have staff around the pool and beach to get you a new drink. Tip them a couple of bucks and they will be remember you. Beach was nice soft sand. I find the beach better in Cuba. Pool was excellent was closed for a day due to all the rain. Non smoking inside the public areas which was a plus. I would return again. My only complaint was that we booked a room in there garden view rooms which is in a separate area of the hotel away from the food and pools and ocean and had to pay to move to the main hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!