“didn't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N | El Cortecito, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Dublin
“didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Really had a great time in this resort. Not always 100% perfect but nothing that you would sweat over.this is going to be a long review so apologies in advance:)
Arrived late at night about 10.30pm and were quickly checked into our pool view preferred room( on a higher floor with king size bed which was huuugggee!! Thanks to Marcelino getting my requests) offered a drink and directed to our room straight away.
Had a quick look around,a few drinks and on the prowl for food as we're pretty hungry after a long journey. We were told we could order room service 24hrs but chose the sports bar midnight snacks, from 12-2 nightly, with burgers, hotdogs, pizza, fries and little sandwiches we frequented here often on the way back to our room after the club.they were good!!
Woke up next morning to beautiful sunshine, explored the beautiful beach, lovely pools, lively main pool and more chilled at the preferred. Grounds very nice and staff constantly working to keep it that way.
Food- I was very worried about this after some bad reviews but I was very pleasantly surprised. We ate in all restaurants, menu choice and food quality good in all. Our fave was Capers, followed closely by Spice. Ate in both twice, a la carte and teppanyaki table in spice, was best teppanyaki food I've ever had and I've been in about 6, just full of flavour. Saltinbocca and carpaccio in capers great. Decent steak and ribs in blue water grill. French was just ok but maybe I was expecting more. Breakfast was ok, I didn't like the buffet room as felt like a cafeteria so chose to eat in castaways, nicer environment but less choice. Never got good service in the buffet, ate twice as hubby didn't want to wear long pants and shoes but didn't seat us in preferred area, second time we had to ask to a big sigh as a response. Castaways good lunch but would like more choice, love the shrimp and fish skewer, hubby loved the hotdogs at the grill.
Service- sometimes sketchy in restaurants unless they know you already so takes a few days till your treated as well as you should from the beginning. Some staff stood out immediately as really enjoying their jobs, Rose, Carlos, Jerebeen at castaways. Gabriel, Marcelino and really all the girls in preferred always so friendly. The best was the lobby bar, Lenny, Felix and Loius so happy in their work, they work as a great team, working fast and multitasking when busy bar and putting on a great show, entertaining the guests and being very attentive when quieter. To be honest if you needed anything anywhere staff really went out of their way. The only exception being the housekeeping, we didn't have bathrobes so asked every day and took. 3 days to get them, they then disappeared after day 8 never to return. We had no turndown 3 or 4 times and while it doesn't really bother me we didn't once have any room decor, towel animals, rose petal baths etc that others have mentioned. Ok that's not gonna ruin my trip but its something I know is important to some.
Entertainment-I don't really participate in the pool games etc but they were funny to watch sometimes and there were quiter areas if you really don't want to be involved. I did do morning yoga on the beach most days and aquarobica a few times. Chocolate was the best at this and Eddie Murphy was ok although a little Over the top to the point of rude at times.
Evening entertainment was nice, some good musicians in the lobby or plaza for low key entertainment as a few good shows in between the usual silly resort games that aren't really my scene. The fire show at the beach was good, Jeerk was different, we were there for their first night and the hype was fabulous, they walked around the pool area in the day with big burly security guards, had big red carpet reception with paparazzi and appletinis and a big limo like a movie premier feel, was very funny but the show wasn't really up to the hype. After 2 rock songs it turned into a 'stomp, type tap show, better than usual resort shows but I wouldn't go twice and it wasn't what I was expecting. Magic show was ok too but the best really was the Circus show, extremely impressive, even if you don't normally do the show thing do not miss this.
Nightclub was probably my favourite hotel nightclub ever mainly due to the outdoor location. It meant we could watch but not have to be in the middle of a sweaty dance floor as my husband does not do dancing:) also there is a little pool which you.re not allowed to swim in:( but is great to sit and paddle your feet. The music was nearly always good although the last couple of nights was more Spanish based which would be fine if it was filling the dancer look but it wasn't then they would play something more dance/pop and the dance floor would fill then they went straight back to the Spanish music and dance floor emptied. Didn't get it and was a shame because we ended up going back to the room earlier last couple of nights.
Highlights- wasn't going to do any excursions but after trying out the Segway on the beach I was hooked and had to do that. The beach you go to is Amazing, like stepping into a postcard. I loved the Segway and the trip was fun. The quality of food and drink in one of the best AI we,ve been on for a great price. I liked preferred club but if price s an issue you could easily do without although I liked the perks it gave me, sushi and canapés before dinner, breakfast in castaways and outside jacuzzi. Lobby bar staff entertained us the whole trip, will miss them most.
Downsides- restaurant service in a la cartes was sketchy. Always seemed to a lot of 'big bosses' about but they seemed to do little. Didn't get any personal concierge treatment in our room and housekeeping was also impersonal. Wanted to order good red wine and ay extra but returned because all red wine s kept in fridge with white, they offered to run it under hot water for me !!!
Also they clear the bars well before closing time so what you want is not available. I also think preferred club closes too early at 11pm as I would like to go after dinner and shows for dessert and nightcap but they clear the desserts and start putting away drinks from 10.30.
We did get to experience a day in secrets next door, if I had the money I would pay it, the peace and quiet, the lazy river, the restaurants even better and very beautifully done out, the beach bar, the atmosphere just felt a notch up however it would also be nice then to go to now in the evenings for a livelier entertainment scene and more choices to eat. It was really a great end to our holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor preferred pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for the honest feedback. We encourage feedback whether positive or negative as this allows us the opportunity to improve our service and quality levels.

We are glad that you and your husaband enjoyed your vacation, that you did not want to leave. Unfortunately one cannot please everyone 100% of the time but our team does try their best to do just that. We are glad that we not only met but exceeded your expectations.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Sunny greetings from Now Larimar Punta Cana!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,305)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The “Now Larimer” is Now the place that we will recommend to all of our friends that want to visit Punta Cana. The resort is beautiful, rooms are nice, the staff is very friendly, and the activity staff “JC” will try, but not push you to get involved in the numerous activities that they offer throughout the day.

We arrived late Saturday night 11/24/2012, and were immediately greeted by a Security Guard posted at the Front door. After checking in we were escorted to our room by a Bellman who made us fill very welcome. We had a nice clean room with a pool view which is exactly what I asked for. However, I would recommend they add more color and décor to the room, it appeared to be plain.

The food was good, lots of choices. Our favorite was Capers. The staff was awesome, Zoris the Hostess was always very pleasant when we arrived, and the waiter Ruben was very professional, and remembered us, which made us feel very welcome. Our favorite Bar was the by the main pool, the bartender Martinez was the best always had a big smile, and great attitude, and never let our drinks get low.

We started each night at the Lobby bar. The team that they have there is the best, they go above and beyond to make you feel like you are at your local bar. Our bartender there was Lenny he has a great attitude, and seems to love his job!!

The beach is nice and the activity area is where I met Joel, another great Team Member he taught me how to sail the Hobie Cat. I think he was sorry he did that because I had to sailed every day.

As far as snorkeling it’s not the best, we did a day trip to Catalina Island on the Caribbean side I would not recommend it. We left at 7:00am and didn’t get back until 8:00pm and the snorkeling was not good. The best snorkeling was from the activity booth we snorkeled not far from the beach, and then went and swam with the nurse sharks and manta rays.

Overall we had a great time and loved the Resort, and we plan on returning.

Chuck & Sabrina from Las Vegas

Room Tip: Book a pool view its just nice to get up sit on the balcony and have coffee or read with a nice view...
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for giving us 'full marks' in your review of your stay at Now Larimar Punta Cana. It had been wonderful to read of your comments regarding your welcome to the hotel, as this is something all of our team members regard as being extremely important in creating a lasting first impression.

Thank you for taking advantage of our Pool view room and we are very grateful you would not hesitate to recommending our hotel to your Friends and Family. Thank you!

Please let us know if we can personally be of any further assistance in the meantime and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff was amazing! The restaurant/ buffet staff Jose Osualdo and Osvaldo Natera were just wonderful and friendly...did what ever it takes to make your stay great.
Entertainment staff: Fabio Vasquez R was just a joy...so friendly and again what ever it takes attitude to make the stay memorable.
As its said in Punta Cana MOST EXCELLENTE !

NOTE: all the restaurants require men to have long pants and collar shirts and ladies no shorts or flip flops. If you don't have this attire then the Buffet is the restaurant you will be eating at every night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to welcome you to the Now Larimar Punta Cana and we are thrilled that you had a fantastic time due to our wonderful staff.

We hope that it won’t be too long until we welcome you back to the Now Larimar Punta Cana.

With best wishes,

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had high expectations of Now Larimar. However the morning after we arrived, we woke up to a lot of noise and initially we thought the people in the room above ours had lots of children and it sounded as if they were pushing their toys all over the wooden floor. After a while,we realized furniture was being moved and we were unable to sleep after that. I called reception to complain but reception staff stated he would investigate and would call me but that did not happen. I called again as the day progressed to let reception know that it sounded like hammering above us. The staff said he did not know what was happening but he would find out and call us back which he did not.

The following morning about 6 a.m., we woke up to hammering sounds and we could hear debree falling through the air conditioning vent. We decided to go to reception and ask to be moved to another room. The worker stated that no one had informed him of any construction taking place. I told him to talk to his boss because it was very clear that when unexpected things happen, people staying at the resort would automatically call reception looking for answers. As we went back to our room the smell of oil paint coming through the air condition vents was unbearable. We had to open the balcony and front doors to get some fresh air. That day we were moved to another room.

We were impressed by dining rooms staff and the restaurant we liked the most was Blue Water. Our favorite restaurant staff was Wilkin although in general, Now Larimar staff do a great job, including entertaining staff, cleaning staff, swimming pool staff. My husband and I travel to different places and would like to recommend that perhaps management may want to go and check other places and learn from them to bring more quality, new ideas, etc. to Now Larimar.

Room Tip: Make sure there is no construction or repairs happening around, above or below your room.
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review and we wholeheartedly apologise for the unpleasant experience due to the reported issues you encountered at our Resort.

We would like to ask you to contact us via info.nolpc@nowresorts.com in order to inform us in which room you stayed at so we can investigate what had happened to the room above yours.
We very much hope that despite the above issues you would be able to consider returning to our Resort and we would be very happy to serve you better.

Yours sincerely
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband stayed in the NOW for one week in the first week of November. We were in the garden view section which we found to be supreme. It is further from the main resort but it was like having our own resort without all of the noise and comotion that the main resort has. The rooms were very clean and the maid service was excellent. There was the Windows Restraunt and a pool with a swim up bar that was never busy, which means was recieved personal service and the staff got to know you and anticipated what you wanted before you did. The staff there was excellent especially Demetrio, Gisela, Franasco Gonzalez, Justina, David, Manuel, Yanelis and Patricio. There was a tram ready to transport you to the main area at all times but we chose to walk, which took less than 5 minutes. The restaunts were excellent. The only thing that I missed was a dresser to put cloths in ( there were shelves in the closet to use) and a clock in the room. Since we traveled a week after the huricaine went through the beaches were full of seaweed not as pretty as I thought they would be. The VIP representative was very helpful with excursions and arranging shopping trips.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are quiet but further from main resort
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our Garden view section which is part of the Now Larimar Punta Cana. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed our luxury extension, which is indeed quiet and gives our guests an extraordinary vacation experience due to the friendly and personalised service that you enjoyed receiving from the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I went with our children to the NOW Larimar Nov 19 - 28, 2012. We stayed in the preferred club room 1358. I must say that it is definately worth the few extra dollars to get bumped up to preferred. We were treated very well. The regular Larimar rooms are far away and you need to take a golf cart trolly to get back and forth. Also it is about a 15 minute walk to the beach. The preferred building are right on the beach.

Our nightly turn down housekeeper was amazing. She spoke minimal english but was excellent to try and taught us a lot. I wish I could remember her name but all remember is it starts with a Y. She is pregnant and works very hard. If you are headed there and will be in that area could you please ask her last name. I would really like to send her some things for her new baby. The morning housekeeper was very good too. She folded our dirty clothes we had in a pile on the floor. She made sure our room was very tidy.

The food at the resort was good. We never got sick at all. We had our 2 children (ages 1 1/2 and 3) with us and they were good too. The only thing I would say is that there is not enough choices for plain food for children. The one thing that is different is that if you like 2% milk you wont find it here. My parent joined us a few days later and my father really missed his tea with 2% milk. The Spice restaurant was excellent. Make reservations as soon as you get there. The other restaurnat require formal dress so we did not go. We had friends that went to Capers and the french restaurant and said they did not like it.

My husband and I were there on our honeymoon hence the reason my parents came along. We got the honeymoon package for free and received a couples massage (we didnt realize till we were laying on the massage beds they want you naked but covered with a sheet lol) it was awesome, we had a dinner on the beach (amazing), breakfast in bed was awesome. We never did receive the flowers in our room or "petit fours" each night. There was a lot of mix up with different things we requested and we did need to ask numerous times for some things. There is a daily brouchure out that has the honeymooners, anniversary, birthday names in it and we had to ask 5 times before we got our name in it.

In the Dominican the humidity is very high. You clothes will feel damp all the time and take a few days to dry when wet.

All in all the trip was great. The staff were great with our children. We are looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: The preferred club rooms are the best. The king size beds are great and very comfortable. We were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to learn, that you enjoyed your Honeymoon vacation with us.

To answer your question about our excellent maids, we would like to inform you, that they are called Brenda and Yokasta. If you wish to get in contact with them you can send us an email to info.nolpc@nowresorts.com and we will forward your email to them.

We would like to apologize for the delayed post of your Honeymoon celebration in our daily Sundial and the never received Petit fours and Flowers in your room.

We hope, that despite the last mentioned issues you will still return to our Paradise here in the Caribbean.

Yours sincerely,

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed at Larimar last week of November. Decided to go with Preferred Club because it was so amazingly advertised and the price was very affordable. At the end of the day Preferred Club or not, didn't make a huge difference.

1 - Pick a room that is NOT on the first floor. We were moved into a pool view room on the first floor, but basically were looking at the bushes, not the pool. :) Asked to be moved somewhere higher and the next day we got our wish. 2nd floor, pool view room was pretty sweet! Although, if you want to sleep well, pick a room on the highest floor, so no one walks, runs and moves furniture above you. Rooms were clean and fresh. We saw an occasional bug here and there, but again, this is paradise, they do run around. :)

2 - Preferred Club has their own lounge with premium alcohol, coffee machine and yummy treats. The area is done-up nicely, small and quite for those that want to relax a little. The pools that belong to the Preferred Club are pretty small, so if you are just interested in lounging around and now swimming in the pool, it isn't that big of a deal. Preferred Club also has their own space on the beach with comfier chairs. We've never used it, so didn't see a big difference between the "regular peoples'" beach area. :) In the buffer there was a special area for Preferred Club as well, which was nice on occasion.

3 - One of the best entertainments we've seen. Three shows stood out in particular - Michael Jackson show the resort put together. It was nicely choreographed, they just need to work on the sound a little, but if you like MJ, you will enjoy the show. Magician show was also pretty fun and different to watch. The best of them all was the show put together by Swedish group Jeerk. It was a mix of new age tap dancing, rock music and BlueMan-remake. Watching those guys perform was great! The club was also great nightly entertainment for those that like to stay up late and get their groove on. :)

4 - The food was good, although lack of choice from breakfast to lunch, to dinner was a little disappointing. Also hoped to see more variety of fruits, but that didn't happen. But if you do have a sweet tooth, then you are in for great enjoyment especially if you are going to the buffer for dinners. All a la cartes were nice as well, we haven't had any issues with upset stomach what so ever. Food was fresh, cooked well and delicious.

5 - The beach would have been nice if not for the little storm/wind we had for the first several days. Water was full of weeds and if you are like me, and hate floating grass around you and muddy water - keep to the pool. :) Pools are clean and kept that way. Saw workers checking chlorine levels couple of times a day, every single day.

At the end of it all, we've loved the stay. Grounds are beautiful, kept clean and nice looking. The hotel likes adding little details for that "wow" factor everywhere because at the end of the day little details make the big picture. So if it is your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, let them know and there will be a nice touch added to your door. :)

Room Tip: Pool or Ocean view rooms on the higher floors are the ones to pick if you would like to enjoy the vi...
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of our Resort, we are delighted you had enjoyed this stay overall and thank you for choosing Now Larimar Punta Cana as your 'home away from home' for this getaway to Punta Cana.

We are sorry however that you had found our rooms on the first floor not convenient although we appreciate not everybody will come away with the same impression and we would like to thank you for making us aware of your feedback.

Whilst not all of our guest rooms look out onto the Ocean, we do offer rooms that would include Partial Ocean views, views of the Pool and the Gardens, and so there is a degree of variety in the views we can offer.

We hope that there will be an opportunity in the near future for us to welcome you back to the resort and in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us if our team and I can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,
Now Larimar Punta Cana

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!