“Great for kids or first time snorkelers” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 38 Activities in Bavaro
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: STINGRAY BAY CARIBBEAN FESTIVAL is a Once in a Lifetime Experience, proudly presented by Ocean Adventure Punta Cana:Admire the most amazing scenery of the coastline while sailing on our large double floor catamaran. Sail toward "Stingray Bay" and get an adrenaline shot by swimming with our nurse sharks at our private and exclusive floating aquarium. Also get up close with our stingrays, with the safest interaction program in the world. While you pet them you will learn interesting facts about these fascinating animals.Snorkel on the natural reef of Bavaro Punta Cana, where a vast variety of beautiful and colorful fish will give you the impression of swimming in an aquarium.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Niwot, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
“Great for kids or first time snorkelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I took this excursion last week. We really enjoyed it, but my sons (11 and 17) loved it. We were taken on an open air shuttle ride from our resort that took a very long time given the other resort stops. Expected, but it was very hot. On arrival to their beach front launch site we sat thru the brief orientation meeting then boarded the pirate ship. Our youngest son was so excited about that part. For my part, I would say the pirate ship was better than I expected. There were ample seats along the rail and plenty of shade. The crew was engaging and helpful. A short ride brought us to the stingray and shark enclosure. I really didn't like this part! There were two stingrays and maybe three nurse sharks. We were lined up along the enclosure to look at the rays, and did not snorkel with them. Then a guide herded us thru the shark area. We snorkeled on a set path and weren't allowed to wander. Stay in line and swim through. We have snorkeled too much to enjoy that, and I like to float along taking in the underwater sites more leisurely. Still, for first timers or kids, it was probably a nice, controlled introduction. Not for experienced people, though. We got back on the ship and headed to a reef. This part was excellent! The same guide from the enclosure took us out and snorkeled around the reef with us. He would dive down and bring up things for us to hold, and we had a super clear reef to enjoy. We took longer than any other group in the water, as we were enjoying it so much. After getting back on the ship, the entertainment began. The crew of dancers did an excellent job showing us local dances and getting everyone involved. The ship was definitely not crowded and we really enjoyed the entertainment. Fun day, all in all!

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had lots of fun in this excursion. I loved how we get to sail in a pirate ship! The crew were AMAZING! They were so much fun and it made the sailing time went by so much faster! I also liked the fact that they tell us background information on stingrays before we actually interact with them. Everybody got enough time to interact with the stingrays since they split up everyone in small groups. Snorkeling with Nurse sharks was awesome too. Our guide Elvis took our camera and helped us get many shots of the sharks. He was really great with my dad who was a first time snorkeler. Then it was the great snorkeling time in the caribbean sea. We saw so many corals and fish, MUCH MUCH more than the Saona Island excursion (in which i saw NOTHING but shallow water,no fish no star fish no corals). On the way back they had everybody out dancing and taking photos. Everybody had so much fun!

Media, Pennsylvania
“1/2 day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ok trip - don't like the fact they "cage" the stingrays! Open areas were nice. boat crew was ok. time in the water short, sailed along the coast to "kill time" to stretch the trip to 4 hours.

Crawley, England, United Kingdom
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thrill seekers BOOK THIS TRIP. Swim with sharks up to 7ft. One swam right under me within touching distance. Under water cameras capture the incredible creatures. Just remember to take it home with you. Unlike me.

Sting rays very interactive. Personally I didn't like it, just because I'm a little wary of them since Steve Irwins death! But be reassured the stings are removed and are safer than safe!

A great day out for all ages.

Brampton, Canada
“Amazing oceanview and fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Beautiful exotic dancers, amazing performances. Ask for Elvis, teh tour guide, he is very helpful with small children and patient. Overall the crew is a fun-loving bunch and reagle you with jokes and excellent music - some of teh best dancers i have ever seen!

Visited June 2012