I read most of the reviews on Trip Advisor before booking. I was concerned, but at my agents insistence, I went ahead. I have found that most often what I read here is factual, unfortunately it was true for this resort, as well.
We were given rooms 7330 and 7331 for my four children, husband, and I. When we first walked in it smelled like mildew, which we felt was understandable with it being warm weather and all. However, we quickly realized that the smell was of raw sewage from the bathroom. That evening we called housekeeping to complain about the odor, after an hour they didn't show up. My husband called again and was transferred 5-6 times between reception and guest services. He finally had to get angry and tell them that the room smelled like "sh__", several minutes later a maid came in and sprayed the four corners of the bathroom, that was their resolution.
The next morning I went to the Reception desk and told Alexandri about the smell. He looked at me like he was in shock, and told me that they were fully booked and couldn't change our rooms until the following day. They wanted to send up a dehumidifier. I told him I didn't want my kids in that room one more day, they were smelling sewage and poop, and that the hotel was well aware of this being an issue, since it's on Trip Advisor. He called over the manager who stated that the reviews are not for their resort, I assured him they were. The manager did change our rooms to Villa 3, and we no longer had an issue with the odor.
I found the entertainment staff lacking. Activities that were stated on the daily program, were either never mentioned or organized. They lacked the engaging factor. I've been to several all-inclusives, and this was the worst. The music wasn't on for the better part of the day, so while laying by the pool, all we would hear, were the drunks at the pool bar.
The staff at water sports was very friendly.
The buffets and beach snack bar were good.
We went to Route 66 (American), Margarita (Mexican), Il Mascheratti (Italian), Mike's (Coffee Shop) and they were all excellent. The waitstaff was friendly, the food came out quickly, and it was delicious. Shout out from my kids to Cristobal at Mike's.
The market stall sellers in front of reception and restaurants were so aggressive, we didn't want to walk by them. It was very uncomfortable. We didn't come on vacation to be harassed.
This resort is huge and has great potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic