My husband and I traveled here on the 5th June for 2 weeks, we were in Block 9 which overlooked the pool area. All the Brits seemed to be in either block 8 or 9 and block 9 also has the desk for the Thomson reps as well as a daily injection of coffee and cakes from Mikes coffee shop, a nice little touch after a hard day sunbathing.
Rooms were nice and clean as was the whole resort, staff were on the go all day and very friendly.
Food was good with plenty of choice for everyone, only thing that let it down was the bacon, one word, cremated.
We tried all the restaurants and our favorite was the Blue moon with the steak house running a close 2nd.the Mexican and Italian were good as well but sorry to say the service in route 66 let it down, we tried it twice and would never go back, and of course Mikes coffee shop, fantastic drinks and service. The sports bar staff we found to be quite rude and tended to serve the Brits last, ohh well not to worry once was enough for that lot.
Entertainment around the top pool was good and everyone seemed to have a great time,the only show we went to was the Lion King, not to our taste im afraid, but others seemed to be enjoying it.
The lobby bar area had either a singer or the guys dancing on a nightly basis, got a bit repetitive after a while, but they did draw in a crowd and we had a few laughs with them.
As for the guys in the lobby bar, they all worked their socks off, Sexy black, I miss you already, you make the best Lime Daiquiris in the world, you always had a smile and a hiya when we came to the bar, and never had to be told twice what we needed, they run a great team in this bar, sorry I cant remember all your names. Manuel who runs the pool bar in the quiet pool was also a star and make great drinks.
Stunning beach and yes you get asked to come in to view the venders shops on the beach, but a polite no thanks and they leave you alone, you also get the stalls set up 2 nights a week in the grounds around reception, same here, no thanks and they dont give you any hassle.
There are a couple of little buses that drive around picking you up from various areas around the resort, but to be honest it isn't that far to walk from the bottom to the top of the resort. On a Tuesday night all Thomson/First Choice holidaymakers have a special dinner on the beach, good chance to catch up with everyone.
There is also a daily free bus from the resort that will take you into the main shopping center where you can find all the designer shops with good prices. The bus leaves the resort 3 or 4 times a day and gives you a good 3 hours shopping, take plenty dollars with you as you will always find something to buy.
The room next to ours was being upgraded to a deluxe suite, I will post some picture as it was being done, stunning when complete.
We traveled from Glasgow on the Dreamliner "Alfie, all in all a good flight both ways, would defo recommend. If you have any questions please ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic