We were a group of 7. From 22-50 years old and each of us liked the facility for different reasons. The casino was ok, disco was fun, pools were great, beach had lots of activities and a place where you can book tours. We had the privilege suite and it was very nice and worth the extra expense. Everyone was nice at the facility and very accommodating. We had fun with the daily water Zumba/aerobics and the men in our group went on the tour with dune buggies/cigar rolling/town tour and enjoyed it. The boat party and aquarium was a good day trip too. The beach was OK but we stayed mostly in the pool which was clean and relaxing.
We also started a few water volley ball and water polo games. Everyone was relaxed and had a great time. There is a loud pool and a quite pool. Our group mostly stayed where there was more activities.
The restaurants were all good and having 5 men who have big appetites were very happy with the selections. The favorite was the steakhouse where each man ordered 2 filet mignons!
I had an accident, all my fault, fell and broke my leg. They were able to get me a wheelchair and still had a great vacation. There is a medical clinic there but I chose not to use it. There are golf carts that transfer people all over the resort if your having issues walking and the employee's are very polite.
Rather then going out of the resort for shopping, they have locals bring jewelry and cultural items into the resort for shopping in the evening while everyone is strolling, listening to music and choosing where to eat. It's nice to look at their items and speak to the locals, and of course they try to get the highest price for their items so a bit of negotiation on prices is expected.
Bring lots of single dollars with you for tips.
I loved going in May, not to many people and the weather was perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic