My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. Overall it was a good experience. This is my 3rd time in D.R. We stayed in the" regular room" not privilege. I recommend buildings 4/5 they are in the Middle of the property and centrally located to town center and pool/ beach areas
- Everyone understood English, I have been to hotels in Punta Cana that cater to Spanish only speakers and it is very hard to communicate what you want. I speak and understand Spanish a little but did not have to.
- The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained.
- There are 2 pools, both with swim up bars. The pool closer to the beach had activities and louder music. The bartenders at the pool were good. We spent most of our time at the 2nd pool and always gave 5$ for the day just because. Julio, 1 of the bartenders was SO SWEET AND NICE, Always refilling my drink without asking him.
- Pools were so large and never looked crowded.
- The beach was BEAUTIFUL, as the water is awesome in Punta Cana. it was a "smaller" beach but plenty of chairs and never had to reserve one. We would move from the beach to the pool everyday. The sand in the ocean was soft and the water was clear.
- The food was constant, you could always find something to eat. The pool always served some sort of lunch everyday and the beach has a restaurant you can eat lunch at even though it says privilege on it. The main buffet serves breakfast 7-10:30- Lunch 12:00-4 and then a dinner, that is usually themed every night until 10:30 pm ( Italian, American, Asian, Mexican etc.)
The Specialty restaurants were good, open,6:30- 10:30. We ate at the Italian, Steakhouse, and Mexican places. No reservations, which is awesome. and pretty good selection of food. After 11 pm the Sports bar has snacks you can eat as well ( chicken wings and sandwiches ) Which happened a lot for us because we were drinking all day :)
The buffet was pretty decent food as well. They had a large selection.
- There are constant shuttles running up and down for people who don't like to walk.. which it is not at ALL a large resort to complain about walking far. Completely manageable.
- There was a " town center" with all the restaurants and bowling alley and lobby bar along with the entertainment show hall. I liked that because everything was all together and action every night. You could walk to the center and spend your whole night.
- The disco was good... not huge but they are open late and it is definitely worth checking out. It is very dark and club like.
- Overall, happy and helpful staff. Crystal in the lobby bar was always a doll to us.
- Check in and Check out were easy.
- Free wifi in the Lobby.
- Free Safe in the room ( use it whenever you leave)
- Large shower/ tub with double sinks in bathroom
- 1 Free game of bowling per stay. 10$ A GAME AFTER, AND YOU must bring socks with you to play.
- 30 min ride from the airport
-They offer "free kayaks and sailing boats" but whenever we asked, the beach guys did not seem to want to make the effort to pull them out. and said it was too rough..( not true). They offer para sailing and other activities that you have to pay for... and I heard the 1 employee say that " No one wants to buy anything, they only want free" Which was rude since the Hotel claims its included. and he obviously didn't know I understood Spanish.
- Walking down the beach was annoying with all the hagglers trying to sell you gifts in their shops. My boyfriend and I just wanted to stroll and enjoy the walk, which was hard at times with constant nagging to buy things. But just wave and say No thanks and keep walking.
- Sometimes on the actual hotel grounds this constant nagging to buy things occurred with actual Ocean Blue "managers" or whoever they were, again, We found it annoying but just said no and went about our day.
- Room was large but outdated, some ceiling tile peeling off, some furniture damaged and beds were semi hard. Air condition worked fine and we didn't see any bugs. We weren't there to hang out in rooms though. HUGE BALCONY which was nice.
In my opinion its not worth to upgrade to Privilege. You get " better" chairs on the beach and upgraded alcohol, aka just give a few bucks here & there and you can pretty much have whatever you want.
and it says a better room, but spoke with people and they agreed the room was not better.
We paid 400 per person for 5 nights ( not including airfare ) For the money, it is very well worth it. We ate and drank all day long. Overall, I recommend this hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic