Me and my family have just been to this hotel for 2 weeks from the 9th of July and had a really good time.
The room was nice, we had two double beds and loads of room! Also the fridge was stocked daily with bottled water and fizzy drinks (however it made a loud buzzing noise so we unplugged it)
The bathroom had lots of towels but our maid did leave hair everywhere, but the shower was strong and the bath had lots of power jets. Also the balcony was really good and we had a lovely view of the pool and gardens. The air con was brilliant, the room was always a nice temperature even when we turned it off.
Pool and beach:
There were two really big pools one was really noisy so we stayed at the quieter one, it was always very very clean and the swim up pool bars and jacuzzis were great! The beach was pure white sand and full of palm trees, the sea was a little wavy though, also you can walk all the way down the beach which was nice for long walks. Also there was never a fight for sun beds on the beach or by the pool but there weren't many umbrellas.
Food and drink:
The buffet was great, there was food for everyone but the pudding was only good on some days, they cooked fresh meat and fish and plus there was lots of chips and pizza but salads as well. What we all miss now we are home is the amazing fruit, there was loads of it and nice fresh juices everyday! DO NOT bother with the a la cartes the service was so bad, they lost our orders and bought the wrong food tour table! The Mexican was the worst they even put packet crackers with the starters! Also the steak house wAs raved about but it was not good what so ever! The Italian was ok but they didn't do pizza, we also made the mistake of going to route66 (a American type fast food place) it was yuck .
Mikes coffee was the best thing, there was coffees frozen drinks and hot chocolates all day round and seating inside and out! Unfortunately there was only one bar to go to at night in the lobby but it was fine And we didn't need to tip to get our drinks fast, the cocktails were really good!
Tip: the a las cartes say they don't need to be booked, what a lie, they had a special secret list of people booking and they turned you away most nights even if there was loads of free tables, we even payed for a birthday cake for my sister so we could get into the steak house and they forgot about the cake!!! So overall don't go to them because they are a waste of time
The staff were really nice in mikes, the lobby and the buffet, but there English wasn't very good! The entertainment staff did shows and activities all day which was also very good! The maids were ok, some were a little rude. The weather was good, not to humid and a nice breeze. There was not many English people, but a lot of Americans and Puerto Ricans. Also there was really noisy people shouting in the middle of the night. The hotel was in 10 different villas which was nice, and the gardens and layout was pretty!!
Overall we had a good holiday and will definitely be returning to the Dominican, but maybe to a different hotel:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic