a nice resort. It is certainly larger than the resorts that my wife and I are accustomed to. They have a tremendous little cappuccino bar called Michael's that is very enjoyable, and the staff helped to make our stay very pleasant. Wilfredo who worked at the buffet who assisted me in locating tickets to the Juanes concert, and Yenifer, who worked at the beach restaurant and steak house in the evening. She had a personality that brightened a persons day just with a smile.
If you are looking for an inexpensive massage, this isn't the place. The spa was more expensive than in Canada.
They had theme nights at the buffet which helped to make dinners more enjoyable, Mexican night, Sushi night, etc. It helped break up the monotony of the same old, same old style of all-inclusive.
We went here for a wedding. We were in a group of 19 people and we found the service to be better here than at the next resort we went to on the following week. (Melia Carib/Tropical) Given a choice between the 2 resorts, I would come back to the Ocean Blue, but will probably find some deserted beach where my wife and I can disappear to next year.
One thing that would have been helpful was if I had brought a couple of hundred American dollars in small bills for tipping. It seemed that no one in the Dominican could give you change, or break larger Dominican money, which meant we either tipped huge, or more often than not, not at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, HostelBookers, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic