The grounds and layout of the resort are excellent. The food was mostly good - if slightly over-salted. The rooms were decent - the linens and pillows were barely mediocre. If you do not upgrade to "Priviledge" you do not get free wifi - and have to connect in the lobby.
The beach was nice, and though we saw guards posted, vendors still came through and bothered us. Speaking of vendors - the resort actually allows them to come in and set up around the main area where the lobby & restaurants are located. The vendors were pushy, rude and one grabbed my arm.
The staff was just OK. Most spoke very good English. One maid told my traveling partners that she was going on vacation the next day - they tipped her, then saw her working the next several days in another part of the resort. I had one of the cooks in the beach buffet very crudely and inappropriately proposition me.
The cigar shop was great, the bars were plentiful, however there was no single malt scotch to be found. A cigar and no scotch? (Only blends).... ALSO - beer....only the local Presidente - and I saw regular Budweiser a few times.
Overall - the infrastructure was nice - food was plentiful and decent. Spa was nice and good service. I probably wouldn't go back, and would try a different place.
Travel to and from the airport was through Prieto - they were EXCELLENT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic