Ocean Blue and Sand's property is kept very clean, from the rooms to the pools and beach. Beautiful layout and beach location.
Pros: Amazing, fun bartenders. Clean, gorgeous grounds. Laid back casino. Beautiful spa and skilled massage therapists.
Cons: Constant spanish techno music at pool and the discoteca...never a change in music. Other resorts I've been to have a good mix. When we asked the bartenders if they had any other music types or maybe a few songs in English (most of the guests there all spoke a primary language of english), they said that's all they have.
-There were vendors on the resorts property (on the beach and next to the pool) that would follow you around, pressuring you to buy whatever they were selling. We bought one item on the beach because we thought it was safe since they were on the the property, but it was in fact 20 dollars cheaper in the gift shop.
-The food is not good; the best meal I had was a cheeseburger from room service. The buffets recycle food from the day before's lunch and we found that most of the "specialty" restaurants use the same food and sauces that are used at the buffet. The best restaurant was the mexican and steak house. However, on the plane ride home, I heard many people complaining of their food at other resorts so maybe it is just the area.
-My fiancé and I went on this trip with my parents; we booked with apple vacations (which was great and Francisco the resort rep was so helpful) and my parents got put with funjet (this is because we booked with vacationstogo.com and you can't pick which agency you will have). We had booked excursions before we got to DR, and long story short, the FunJet rep that works at Ocean Blue and Sand (his name is Pierre I believe) told my father the dune buggy company we went with was no longer in business and they were not going to show up to pick us up and probably stole our money. The Funjet rep (Pierre) even called the company because he said they didn't speak english. After I heard this (I speak spanish), I called the Dune buggy company myself who indeed spoke English (the owner is from Germany) and said they were very much in business and the reason the resort was telling us this is because they have contracts with other companies that they want us to use and book through them. This incident ruined a whole day of my fathers vacation because he thought he had booked with someone that had his credit card number and would use it for whatever since they were "no longer in business".
- Also, as soon as you arrive at the resort, these reps (again Pierre) tries to make an appointment with you the next day that they say is "very important breakfast", but is actually a sales pitch on their condos/time shares there....don't go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bavaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Free WiFi available in all the Resort areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic