We went to this resort because it had family rooms (basically 2 separate rooms) and thought that this would be ideal for our 13 month old. When we arrived at the room, it was not clean and really unacceptable -- there were dead bugs (and later live ants) on cushions and on the floor. In addition, we wrote on the itinerary and told the check in people to have a crib ready since it was night and we wanted to put our little one to sleep. No crib was in the room and we had to call to remind them an hour later. They also promised they'd clean the room that night and no one came. This was the beginning of the problems we experienced with the hotel concierge. They were not helpful and they made empty promises. That night we couldn't even hear ourselves talk because of the noise coming from the disco, we were in building #20 facing the buffet and disco. The hallways of the building echo so there was a lot of noise from inside the building as well. I couldn't sleep and neither could my 13 month old. It was like this every night (we would just sit up and wait until the show was over so we could sleep at 11pm). After our terrible first nights' stay, at 7:30 am the next morning, I went back to the concierge to ask for a room change. They promised a room change at 2pm, we were in the room and called at 2:30 and they said no room change was scheduled. We waited in the room until 6pm that day (a total waste of a day) and still no one came. Finally the bellhop came to show us a new room which was the exact same room 3 doors down on the same, noisy side of the building. At this point we were heart broken. We gave up. We can’t imagine why they’d put family rooms across from a buffet and disco, they should be in the villas where it was quiet. A few days later we had ants crawling over everything including the baby spoons, bottles, etc. (which I cleaned daily). The maids didn't start cleaning the room properly until about Day 5. The room had an AC unit that was so loud, it'd wake us up, just clicking and banging and not working properly as it'd get hot. Oh and I forgot to mention that we didn't have any warm or hot water in the room until Day 2 in the evening. The repair guy magically turned it on for us.
On Day 5 my baby got very sick with a fever and diarrhea from the hotel food and I was sick as well. I was careful with the food I gave to my baby but it seemed that it might have been the fruit that did it. The buffet food was not very good and we are not picky eaters. We are from Ontario and were hoping to meet some fun Ontario people there but with no such luck. The guests only spoke French from Quebec and the remaining guests were Russian. It seems like this resort was accommodating to all the Quebec residents who had their own activities, pool area, and other events. It didn't feel like any of the other resorts I've been to in the past. The disco/show was a joke. The pools were very dirty. We made the best of the trip despite the hotel being horrible. We liked the beach but the waves were pretty rough and our motorcycle trip into the city and the time we spent as a family.
This is my first bad review on trip advisor and the Tropical Beach Princess Resort definitely deserves this bad review. Sunwing vacations should remove this hotel from their lists or seriously drop their star ratings as it is not a 4 star hotel. I’d give it 2 stars. We paid $1105 pp incl. taxes for the family suite and would love Sunwing to give us some money back. The Sunwing agent at the hotel was not able to help in getting us a better room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa has a Caribbean garden atmosphere with shade provided by palm trees, sinuous swimming pools, pleasant huts and all the other ingredients needed for an unforgettable holiday. The incomparable beauty of the beach in Bavaro will be found in this 4 star hotel, 25 minutes from Punta Cana Airport, with an architecture that complements and integrates into the beautiful environment, the quietness of the spacious light gardens next to the delightful swimming pools for adults and children. Its 164 superior rooms and 146 family rooms, our Mini and Teen’s Club and minigolf area put us in the perfect place for a happy family holiday. 3 restaurants (main buffet, Dominican and Brazilian), 3 bars and 1 snack, plus the access to the bars and pool of our sister Caribe Club Princess Hotel. The entertaining "Calle Caribena" with a large variety of shops and interesting offers to do shopping more agreeable, full equipped spa, a large selection of daytime leisure activities at the pools in addition to beach activities and water sports are complemented with the access to the Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel) and Areito Disco. Wedding packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Tropical Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Tropical Princess Punta Cana
- Hotel Tropical Princess Beach