“Overall very happy with our honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa

You added Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ El Cortecito | Playa Bavaro, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Beaver, Pennsylvania, United States
“Overall very happy with our honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The service overall was excellent! One particular gentleman helped us out a great deal! His name was Vladimir from the travel club concierge! He was extremely helpful!

Pros
The pros of this trip included the variety of food choices, the service, the hotel room, bar service, and the beach. The beach was very clean and clear of coral. There was always somebody asking us if we needed a drink regardless of where we were at. The food choices were endless. The quality was not perfect but it was pretty good.

Cons
I was not happy with the topless women. There should be a designated place on the beach for them to go. With this being a family friendly environment it was very offensive to me. Seeing children, teens, and adults walking around without a top on was very displeasing.

The maids also came into the rooms too many times throughout the day. There was a person to clean the rooms, spray the rooms, stock the mini bar, and stock towels. We were actually walked in on one night when the maid did not knock.

The pools needed maintenance. The tiles on the bottom were falling off and the pools were very dirty.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are very convenient and highly recommended
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Andy D,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort, Spa y Casino, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Congratulations for your honeymoon.

We apologize for our services and that we do not full fill you expectations as well. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Once again thank you very much; we hope to see you soon at our resort.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to the Grand Palladium and had a blast. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Food was great specially the Japanese restaurant and the spa was amazing. Will definitely go back. The pool was clean and the bar tenders were very nice. My husband and I payed for a massage in the spa and it was GREAT, we loved it.

Dear Lorena S,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

We will be waiting for your next vacations.

Thank you very much.
Moncton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Got there 1:30 pm their time. They mixed up our reservations and didn't get a room till 5:30pm. Front desk guy barely spoke broken English. Things just got even worse from here. I put up with the smelly room the first day with no complaint. Woke up with red, itchy bite marks on legs and right arm. Thought it was mosquito bites and ignored it first day. That night I made sure there were no mosquito in the room and closed all windows. Woke up with new bite marks. Inspected the bed and was disgusted with bed bugs. I went down to front desk and asked manager for new room. He very rudely yelled "Why want new room!?" I replied there are bed bugs if you want to come to the room and look at my arms and legs. These are not mosquito bites. He replied "no empty room now". I strongly insisted in new room and said I'm not going to leave your site until you get me a new room. Got new room 4 hours later. That's only my story.

My friends finds the floor was flooded as soon as they step in. The ceiling was leaking. There were 26 of us in our travel group. Half of us had to insist on new cleaner, non smelly room. It was a horrible experience. The only positive things were the nice clean beach and food had lots of variety. Other than that, they could pay me to go back! I can sit here and tell you more of my friend's bad experiences, but, please don't waste your time or hard earned money!

Room Tip: Don't trust anyone who have not experience a resort personality. Especially travel agents.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ken D,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Punt Cana Resort, Spa y Casino, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your holidays, during the high season sometimes is difficult to satisfy all our customers, but I assure you we will consider your suggestions, we are working to improve our services.

Once again thank you very much,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was my family getaway. We (my daughter 16 and son 11, my friend and I ) stayed at the grand palladium Punta Cana from may 14-may 21. Weather was great other than two mornings raining but it stopped by 8 in the morning. The place is beautiful nicely kept. The rooms were great. No musky smell like other people complained. Our second day there the cealing was leaking so they had us moved to another room. The reception staff were nice to accommodate our needs. Very friendly. The entertainers ( Patricia, angel, victor and el calvo ) were amazing they kept us entertained. The children loved them. The entertainers made such a difference in our stay. We went on two excursions. The best ones I think. The Marinequarium where they take you out on a boat, have party, dance to music, swing with stingrays and sharks ( totally safe) and at the end they take out to shallow waters and have a big party in the water with drinks and sandwiches all around) and the country express where they take u to the country side and visit "mama's house", a local school and coffee/ cocoa/ coconut/ vanilla/ and pineapple plantation. The people there were so amazing we had Suharto a great time and to top it all off at the end they took us to this amazing beach call the " Macao" beach beautiful like paradise amazing simply amazing (shout out to Kenny and Dr. Julio who made it so exciting and informative at the same time ) also our travel representatives of sunwing who made it so comfortable in our stay and were they're for all our needs. We were never alone. We thank our sunwing representatives. Amazing guys. If u are planning to book a trip I strongly advise you to book it with them just look for the sunwing reps they seem so genuine and always looking out for you best interest. Ok enough with that. The beaches amazing. They're we're not a lot of venders out bothering you like other people complained. You get some but never book a trip with them it's best you book it with your travel representative. The price for their trips may seem cheaper and appealing but again you don't know how your getting there no who's taking u there so your taking this trip at your own risk. Whereas if u book it with sunwing and/or your travel agent u know your safe all the way not to mention the comfort of transportation to/and from. The food at the resort. Not the greatest in the world but ok. The kids loved the snack bar by the beach all fatty food but when your out and about on the beach u get hungry so the food comes handy. The resort has about 6/7 a'la carte restaurants. the best one u need to go to is the Japanese. The cooks ( I think the one we had was Freddy) was amazing and the food was great. The worst by far and the resort needs to know this is the Italian restaurant " awful" I mean how could the cook not know what he is making. Awful do not go there I mean even the water they served us tasted awful. The dessert was awful over frozen with no taste awful. The rest are okay. The buffet is good. Shout out to the cooks who make the eggs. Great guys. The waiters all look unhappy and it seems they don't like serving us. Like we're a bother so most of the time we got out drinks ourselves. We tipped so that was not the problem. I think they are over worked. But other tan that the buffet food was okay. Would have appreciated the authentic Dominican food which we failed to have there. They had one night of authentic Dominican food but we missed it. They should have a place at the buffet where people have a choice to try Dominican food every time they go to the buffet, that would have been nice.
Ok here are the issue....

1- THE SMOKING. !!!!! Awful!!!!!! These people who smoke should have their own designated area where they can kill their lungs and not the rest of us. The lobby would've been nice if no smoking was permitted. My children suffered because of this. So if your bringing children be ware of this. The resort really needs to do something about this. The place is huge and often u will need t catch a train shuttle where it says no smoking allowed but rude people do it anyways and the driver doesn't say anything about it.

2- naked topless women on the beach if u have children like I did. It wasn't too appealing watching these young/old women tanning and walking up and down the beach. If u and your family are okay with this, than its not a problem. Had I gone by myself with friends it wouldn't have bother mr but I had children and other families with younger children seemed to feel the same way I did. The resort should have a designated area for nude. The beach is long ( since there's three resorts together, the vavaro , the royal suites and ours which I believe is for adults only) so I don't see why it cannot be done. By the way you will have access to all the other resort pools and restaurants.

Room Tip: Book your room close to the reception lobby. you dont always want go be waiting for the shuttle trai...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear los_angeles_2,

From the staff of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort, Spa y Casino we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We greatly appreciate that we have totally satisfied your well deserved vacations.

We look forward for your return.

Ona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed at the grand Palladium Punta Cana, the resort is huge and very pretty, the service is good , the guys at the reception are fantastic, they speak english very well, they are always willing. Thanks Faustin ad Mr. Osiris for your help, you are the best. the animation team is fun, the food at the restaurant is delicious. The room was always clean ( they clean it every day). The beach is cute with white sand , there are two pools and the people that work there is always happy. I loved it.

Dear Amauris97,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort, Spa y Casino.

Thank you for choosing our Resort for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We will be waiting for you next year.

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very disappointing stay. To begin and to give credit, the resort was very pretty and the grounds were very well maintained. Now for the rest:
1. Service - very bad and staff generally could not speak English and have not been trained very well.
2. Maintenance was not run very well after reporting to the desk and the "management" hair dryer never fixed or checked in the week stayed. Many outside lights on the room patios were out and never fixed or changed for the week, Pools are deteriating and not being patched.
3. Only had bacon 2 days for breakfast. The ham they put out for breakfast was cut in chunks and was processed. Missing hashbrowns 2 days but had boiled and mashed potatoes out for breakfast. Lack of heating lamps which made the waffles cold. Have never seen croissants on the steam table (as a filler) and getting hard.
4, Bar menus are incorrect: out of the many bars only one had rye whiskey. The staff is taught that scotch whiskey is just whiskey so when you ask for a manhatten you really get a rob roy! Most of the times all the bars, except the piano bar, never had limes for gin and tonics or mint for mohitos. In my opinion the Domincan rum is very sweet and is no comparison for Jamaican and here again, only the piano bar had Bacardi.
5. The ala carte restaurants were mediocre and their menus were nothing special and generally rehash of what the buffets served. The steak house was good, but be prepared to get your own drinks from the bar. There is no ala carte lunch everything is entirely buffet.
6. The rooms do not come with face cloths and they don't even have them. Bath mats are also a problem, you have to use a hand towel!

We were very unhappy with this property: we thought we should try somewhere else. We have gone to the Grand Palladium/Lady Hamilton for the past 4 years and expected the Grand Palladium Punta Cana would be the same. Probably back to Jamaica.

Ed Gaul

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Edward G,

Once again thank you very much.

St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya, so this year (for our 3rd visit to Punta Cana) decided to try the Palladium property in PC. We stayed at the Punta Cana section as we were travelling with Westjet vacations and this section is the one offered by Westjet.
The property overall is beautiful with huge manicured grounds and lots of trees and flowers. Our room was in Villa 75; a great location only steps away from the lobby, beach and two pools. And I can't say enough about the beach just two minutes from our room. We have stayed in the El Cortecito area before and really love the beautiful beach, it is just gorgeous.
The room was as others have reported, really clean with a large jacuzzi tub near the bed, but a bit tired looking. There is no doubt that the shower and sink areas need a redo and the whole room a bit of refreshing, but it was plenty big for two people with enough closet and drawer space.
The Palladium complex is a “stay at one, play at three” feature so there are many buffets, a la cartes and bars available for guests. We only tried the Punta Cana buffet for breakfast and lunch, preferring to eat in the a la cartes available to us for our evening meal. We tried the Italian, Bamboo (Oriental), Tex-Mex, Spanish and Brazilian, and the food was very tasty in each one. Our overall favourite was the Italian; the pizza is really nice, and I really liked the chicken dish that I had for my main course. We found the beef and pork to be very overcooked at Rodizio (Brazilian) but I just loved the Chocolate Truffles I ordered for dessert there.
There are lots of bars on the property with the lobby bars having a live band each night of our stay. Our favourite was the Punta Cana lobby as the bar with its own seating is set off to one side with a stage and courtyard. We also liked Hemingways at the Bavaro side of the resort.
Our issues: the trams need to run more frequently for a resort of this size. One afternoon we waited for 35 minutes for a tram to take us from our area to the Bavaro lobby. Evenings also had long waits even though there were two trams running at that time.
The bigger concern was water. The day after our arrival, we returned to our room after a walk on the beach to find no running water – not in our villa, or in most others in this section, not even water in the taps by the beach to wash sand off your feet. There was no water for about 5 hours, and outside a number of villas there were pools of foul smelling water gathered in flower beds and low-lying grassy areas. OK, water is back and there were no serious concerns until the morning we were leaving. We were finishing our packing and there was a gurgling noise from the toilet. When we looked, the sink, toilet and even shower had backed up. This did not last long, but when we went outside, there was more foul smelling water in the area, same as before.
We left the resort at 10:30 so don't know if there were any further problems, but it is somewhat off-putting for us. We really enjoyed the resort and all its amenities, but probably would not return to this section.

Room Tip: Villas 72-75 are near both pools and lobby. They are smaller villas instead of the hotel-style build...
Dear janidd,

With all or affection we want to thank you for your commentaries, we are glad to know that you had a great vacations.

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort, Spa y Casino as your special gateway.

Greetings.

Been to Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!