“me gustaria volver a el” 5 of 5 stars
Review of IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa

You added IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa to your Saves list
IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Bavaro, Bavaro, Punta Cana 51101, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Bavaro
Bilbao, Spain
“me gustaria volver a el”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

me encanto la villa que nos dieron,un poco lejos de la playa, pero el paseo hasta ella fue maravilloso, el personal fantastico ,se comia muy bien.
I loved the town that gave us a bit away from the beach, but the walk until she was wonderful, the staff fantastic, they ate very well

Room Tip: visitarlo---I visit
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank blancaluna24

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was the first time we traveled w/ our son who was 6 months at the time. The hotel was nice and clean and provided a sturdy crib for my son. The beach was a little bit of a far walk from everything but overall the hotel was good...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Betty G
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at IFA in February 2014.....enjoyed the facilities...good hotel....good service....food was ok....everything was fine....no complaints.....best drinks are at Cafe Dominicano......beach was beautiful.....only complaint....there never seems to be enough lounge chairs to go around....that's both at the pool and at the beach

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bruce t
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I expected more, especially after the price I paid. The food was less than average, I had spent a good part of the trip on the toilet sick. Pool was closed early every night which really sucked. The customer service was very poor. Had many issues with my room, they had a poor attitude and had no interest in speaking English or being helpful. I was soo sick of being harrased by people trying to sell you excursions on our resort next to the pool area. Many hookers at the resort at night and at the disco. The entertainment at the show area was lame. The pro's.. the pizza at the pizza joint was ok. If you dont mind eating pizza all the time. The beach was nice if you avoid the people at the market trying to hassel you to buy knock off sunglasses and silver coated jewlery.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank gman g
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Dominican Republic is my favorite vacation spot, and IFA made my stay in this beautiful, exciting country better than I could imagine! For starters, the service there was extremely good. In particular, Victor Sosa, an employee at IFA, was excellent! He was very welcoming and professional, and nonetheless hardworking. This hotel's friendly staff, cleanliness, and fun-filled nightlife made this trip a very memorable one. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank ElainaG1994
North Arlington, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa for 9 days week of January 24th to February 2nd. The rooms all in all are average, and however, are in need of a facelift; but who stays in the room on vacation anyway but to shower and sleep (beds were comfortable). Maids did an awesome job keeping the room clean and surprising me with flower designs everyday. The food was just OK; not what I am use to and could use improvement. The entertainment team was fun keeping us all entertained everyday! The best part of my stay were the employees who went above and beyond my expectations; I'd like to give a shout out to Erica at the front desk; she greated me every morning with a smile and was always willing to help or answer any questions that I had during my stay... Muchas Gracias, Erica!!! The guy who handleled the wi-fi (I don't recall his name) was also helpful in every way to ensure I was always connected to my loved ones back home; and last but not least all the gals in the Spa; these ladies are amazing and one in particular who did my hair every other day (I don't recall her name)... Thank you!!! I have been to many other islands but the beaches in the Dominican Republic are the best; beautiful white sand, plam trees and the clear blue water and the sweetest people you ever want to meet. All in all, I had an amazing vacation and was sad to leave... I can't wait for my next trip back to the beautiful island of the Dominican Republic.

Room Tip: I stayed in a superior room close to the lobby, restaurants, pool and entertainment; quieter rooms a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoJo725
Bellbrook
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I and a group of 3 other women booked this trip through Apple Vacations, for the week ending 2/2/14. We were reassured over and and over, yes you have a beach front room. Upon check-in that of course wasn't the case. There actually is NO direct beach front room. We got a unit closest to the beach and it took over three hours to get that. The reception desk was rude with limited American speaking personnel. Lobby was chaotic and crowded. When we finally got the rooms, one of our rooms faced the ocean, the other faced the often loud theater and the roof of the "Spa". When 1st shown the room, I balked I ask the bellhop to ring the desk, he did and when I stated that room wasn't correct they said to me "YOU WANT TO SEE DIFFERENT ROOM-YOU COME TO DESK!" Then slammed the phone in my ear! Believe me- that sets the mood for the entire resort. The bell man assured us that was the nicest room. Ugh. I opted to not go through the nightmare of arguing for a different room. In hindsight I think should have contacted Apple.
We had much noise, no ocean view or breeze, washcloths only on day one, a leaky refrigerator which posed a risked with a then slippery floor, the worst pillows ever, not unlike a bag of old socks, 2nd floor unit -no elevators. No map of the resort, no directions or information in English.
The resort is huge. We fortunately had other guest tell us what was where.
The resort is crowded, with not enough chairs at the pool or the beach. You must get up at the crack of dawn to save a chair. One day all 4 of our towels were stolen along with saved chairs. NOTE: There is a $20.00 replacement fee per towel! Somehow we got the fee waved.
The restaurants were mixed. we each had something we liked about different ones- so there is no stand out. Also there is so much we did not like.. The Italian is open air and closest to the water and the one most likely to have an opening. You must call 1st thing in the AM to get a reservation. Plan on waiting on the phone 15-20 minutes to do this.
The buffet is the breakfast option. There are many food choices. It is also an open air situation. This includes flies... The last morning the flies were actually thick. After a week of the food, the flies were difficult to handle with an already very upset stomach. I don't need to elaborate.
on a more positive note; The beach is beautiful and we were blessed with good weather, thank God.
There is a fun group of venders next to the resort. Pushy but nice.
We had a quite pleasant excursion to the Saona island booked through Apple.
There were nice bartenders at the bar by the spa and gym. Our maid was pleasant. But all in all the resort was truly disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank BWilsonBellbrook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
Vista Sol Punta Cana
#15 of 19 in Bavaro
3.5 of 5 stars 1,763 reviews
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro

Been to IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!