It makes me laugh reading all these spoiled Americans complaining. I am also American, so dont take this the wrong way. You are going to another country and expect everyone to speak English and make you food that you are used to. If you want and American lifestyle, stay home. You are visiting another world and a totaly different culture, stop complaining about stupid stuff and try to enjoy something different. With most of the resorts, you need to go in expecting culture shock, except it and you will have a good time anywhere you go.
The resort is very nice and they have a great setup. Beach is beautiful, with lots of chairs and awesome water. Only thing I didn't like was they tied all the boats in this area, no big deal but I love sitting on the beach a looking at the water. Pool was great, nice pool bar and nice fountain. Didn't like the chairs where bolted to the ground. Food, I'm a picky eater and found lots of good food to eat. Everything was good, but I would put more salt for some flavor.
Staff was great, very nice people never had any problems with any request. Rooms where not like the Ritz, but I only need it for sleep don't care about style. Clean, cool nice shower always had warm water. AC didn't cool like I would like, but that's the spoiled American speaking. Surprised didn't see any bugs, its the tropics, roaches in the tropics are like flies to Americans, not a big deal. I was surpried I didn't see any the whole time we where there. Big mistake was, I didn't bring sunblock, boy did I mess up. $30.00 at the store for a small tube that cost $5.00 at CVS. I would go back without a problem, I really liked this place. It was my 3 rd trip to the Punta Cana area and just booked again for July. Go in with an open mind, no matter where you go, and remember you are on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana