Where do I start?
I found a deal on living social for a four night stay at this resort. Now I know why it was so cheap. You get what you pay for.
Beach- not good. This hotel is on the Atlantic Ocean side of the Carribean and not the Carribean Sea side and there was seaweed all over the beach. The hotel need to scrape the beach it would help. It was very disappointed in the beach.
Food-average at best. We went to two of the specialty restaurants, the ambiance was very nice. The food not so much. The Italian restaurant was a joke. The buffet was typical resort fare.
Customer service- this was customer no service. Hardly anyone spoke English other than the reception desk and check in desk. I know enough Spanish to communicate fluently, but not all people can do that. I spent 3 days asking for a small wash cloth to shower with. I called at least five times. Each time I was told ok and never received one. After three days I finally gave up asking and just used the hand towel to shower with. When we checked in, they wanted to see our paper coupon from living social , Really? What happened to technology? We tried to show them our coupon on our phone and they would not accept it. We had to speak to a manager.
Drinks- Good. Someone said bring your own cup, which is a good idea.
The resort was beautiful, but none of the rooms I saw had a balcony to sit on, only a window that opened.
There was nightly entertainment. I enjoyed it, but my friends were not impressed
Lastly, there were ants in the room every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana