We arrived in the early evening on Nov. 24. The check in took quite awhile. They didn't seem very happy to see us, or were welcoming in any way - but we were on vacation, and so happy to finally get there. First tip - if you want a SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, get it at check in - eventhough you have to go and stand in another line to get it - adds another 10 -15 minutes to your check in time. It costs $3/day. Checkin was disorganized - Finally - an extremely friendly porter took us to our room - #4436. He showed up how everything in the room worked which was certainly appreciated. I think Hubby tipped him $5.
After check in, went to the buffet which was not very good. After that we decided to try and book ala-cartes most nights, ( which we did and they were pretty good), other than the Italian, which just has a buffet set up behind the scene with the same food that you can get in the afternoon at the beach restaurant. The other ala-cartes were pretty good, other than the Mexican which we did not like at all.
The walk to the beach was about 5 minutes, through the nice white sand which is not that bad to do, but further than some people would like. I did not like that there is only one bathoom, with only 2 stalls, you usually always had to line up and wait. It's a big resort - they should have more bathrooms, as well, the bar isn't right on the beach, so you have to walk into the restaurant to order your drinks.
The rooms were nice and the housekeeping was certainly up to par. I don't know that I would go back there as the rooms don't have balconys, just screen doors that open up. Most of the guests there we European-one day some guy from Germany/Holland??? not sure-- came up and wanted one of the chairs we were saving for our friends who were joining us - he made a big scene about us saving chairs and threatened to report us to the hotel - husband told him - go report us - our friends are coming??? What the H??? That was the only sour part of our holiday. All in all - it was a nice week away in the nice warm weather of the Dominican Republic. Will I go back? -- of course, probably not to this resort, but don't stay away from it - we just like a different atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & SPA is situated on the fine, white sands of Playa Bavaro. Bordered by a fabulous coral reef and surrounded by turquoise-colored waters this extraordinary vacation complex offers its guests a friendly, luxurious environment for sports & cuisine with its 6 charming restaurants and 7 spectacular bars, colorful tropical shows, a wide range of facilities and services especially designed to ensure an unforgettable stay right in heart of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Punta Cana
- Ifa Hotel Bavaro
- Ifa Bavaro Villas
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa
- Villas Bavaro
- Ifa Villas Bavaro Punta Cana