The accommodations were fine, but things kept breaking and they kept having sewage problems...toilets not flushing, the smell of crap in the dining room.
The food was super fresh and good.
The drinks....there was nothing other than well liquor anywhere, and the drinks were so weak I swear they didn't have liquor in them. The concoctions were delicious- but there was no liquor in them ! THey should have options for better booze, and they didn't.
The security staff were really doing their job. The beach was nice.
But the resort didn't have enough options for things to do. There was only the show in the evening, and eating, and drinking. They should have other places to go on the resort and things to do in the evening, it felt so claustrophobic after a few nights.
Surely they can come up with more options- more bars, with different qualities of liquors, and a nightclub that opens earlier, so you are not forced to go to the show. Or a few different lounges with different vibes - a Sinatra lounge, a latin lounge, something more Euro.
And don't play latin music all day and all night! Too much!
It felt like they had a particular agenda for everyone and that it wasn't about what guests want, but about the OG agenda: dinner, show, nightclub- in that order. With no other options.
I don't think I'd go back to this resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Occidental Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Occidental Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana