After reading many reviews on TripAdvisor, we really weren't sure what to expect here. We have only done one other all-inclusive before. We had a great time at Occidental!
Our room was in Edificio 11, and it was a nice room on the 3rd floor. We were on the back side of the building, so it was quiet and conveniently located. We had all the promised amenities and fresh towels each day. If we had any issues, housekeeping was quick to respond.
Marcos at the front desk was extremely helpful, and the guys at guest services were also very accommodating. Whenever we needed a restaurant reservation, information about excursions, they were ready to assist us. The servers were very nice. The sales people in the shops are a bit pushy, but they were worse in the shops outside the resort. Since this was our first time in Dominican Republic, we don't know if this is typical or not.
We recommend making sure you get your bottle of Ron Barcelo Anejo rum. It's delicious on the rocks. Once we ran out of that, we kept ordering Ron Barcelo Dorado on the rocks, Presidente, and the pina coladas. Very tasty and readily available. The wine in the restaurants are better than at the bar. The beach bars and the bar near the stage were our favorites.
Our favorite was the Mexican restaurant and the taco & pizza take out counters. Tinga tacos! Yum. The crepes at breakfast were delicious, and the lunch buffet down by the beach had a variety of foods to choose from. Things were occasionally salty for my taste in the restaurants, but they had lots of options. We never had dinner in the buffet, so I don't have any comments on that.
What did we like best?
THE BEACH. It's sooo beautiful. We went parasailing and horseback riding. Great fun :)
What did we like least?
We received a lot of sales pitches, but nothing we can't handle. If you politely refuse when you aren't interested you will get along just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The experience of staying at the Occidental Grand Punta Cana Resort***** means waking up every day in front of a marvelous coral beach and the beautiful sea of Bavaro Beach. Guests will also enjoy some of the best culinary selections, and leisure and sports activities in the Dominican Republic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Despegar.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Occidental Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Occidental Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana