We were supposed to be here Nov 9th to 23rd, left on the 17th and finished our vacation at the Grand Palladium next door.
First off, it was our 30th wedding anniversary, we told them when we booked it was plus I emailed them twice and got no response, didn't do anything special for us.
This was our 9th All inclusive, we are not picky travellers, but we got lucky this time. If your travelling in the Transat "Preferred' club, make sure when you check in ask for a renovated room, we were initially put in Block 24 (Preferred Club) the rooms were very run down and dated, we asked to move which they did and put us in Block 11, much nicer renovated room,very lucky we did that because a tropical storm came through, flooded the original room we were in Block 24 with 6 inches of water plus flooded and close all pools for 5 days. Block 11 stayed dry thank god. Our friends were at the Palladium and told us all of the pools were fine so we paid an extra 350 bucks and moved over there, worth every penny.
The Service at the Occidental wasn't that great, we went to the Japanese ala-carte, wait 30 minutes just to get water, it wasn't the staff's fault, the whole resort were understaffed most of the time.
The food was OK
The Beach is awesome
The entertainment staff do the best they can as do the waiters and waitresses
Each Block has their own Concierge, they aren't Concierges at all, their only goal is to get you into a time share..NO EYE CONTACT LOL
Also, a person we met there paid an extra 200 dollars for the "Concierge package"..got nothing more than what we got, just a big rip off
My advice to you..Spend the extra money like we ended up doing and go to the Grand Palladium, that resort was AWESOME in every way. But spend your whole holiday at the Palladium, you'll be glad you did
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotwire, getaroom.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Occidental Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Occidental Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana