Cathy and I just returned from the Punta Cana Occidental Grand. We were there for the week of November 17, 2012. We had a great time at this mega resort. The staff was gracious and professional.
This ia an all inclusive resort and it includes your meals and drinks including alcohol. Just walk right up to a bar and order.
We ate most all of our meals at the buffet. The chefs did a great job putting out great selections for every meal.
This resort is a melting pot for many nationalities. The ability to speak Spanish would be helpful. Cathy and I don't habla and we got along just fine as there were enough bilingual staff to communicate with.
I don't understand why so many people who have provided reviews here have been so critical. After reading all the negative comments we arrived thinking we made a bad choice. This is a beautiful resort and we had a great time.
I dove with SeaPro who have a hut on the property. I thought everyone was nice. Diving from this resort is not easy or convenient. The best diving is over an hours drive down to La Ramona. We took the Catalina Island trip. They provide a nice bar-be que on the beach. The return trip to the main land is a party boat with all the rum you can drink. They hold bottom time down to 45 min and keep their surface intervals to 30 minutes.
The reef in front of the hotel is about 200 yards out. Between the reef and the roped swimming area is the boat motor way. So it is best not to swim out of the roped off area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Occidental Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Occidental Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana