I always rely on this site to choose a hotel when traveling so here a quick authentic review of this hotel (2 adults mid 30s with a 1 year old)
Grounds - No complaints at all, clean, well kept, nice hotel
Rooms - Stayed in block 11 ground floor, we have stayed at many all-inclusive hotels throughout the Caribbean and this is inline with others in this price range. (We asked for ground floor due to baby as there no elevators, probably would have asked for 2nd or 3rd floors otherwise). Block 11 is close to pool and restaurants a small walk to the beach but the property is very walkable.
Check-in - Arrived around 2pm no issue, room was ready but asked to switch to ground floor so had to wait around 30mins
Beach - Amazing! If you want a beach chair with an umbrella you need to put a towel on it no later than 7am. (All the Russians take them!)
Pool - Didn't spend much time there but was fine.
Buffet - Food was okay, probably not as many options as others we have stayed at, the main buffet can get very busy although at lunch we always ate at the one by the beach which was much better. On weekends, due to the locals visiting, the buffet is a little chaotic, on Sunday we waited on line for around 30 mins (at 7.30pm) and also briefly for breakfast on the Monday (One of the biggest problems is that the servers are not organized enough to get everyone seated, services is an issue in the buffet)
Specialty Restaurants - All okay, Steakhouse was closed, they pre book 2 options for you on arrival, to change them and to add more you need to go to another desk between 8 and noon, make sure you are there for 7.45am!
- Service! (But that's normal here, don't go to the island expecting service like Mexico!)
- Drinks weren't that good
- The beach bar ran out of beer/drinks daily
- Limited opening times for some of the bars
- Would have liked a few more food options
Overall no major complaints, we enjoyed the hotel, beach is amazing (but that's the same for all hotels in that area). Its basically a 3 star mid range hotel, for what you pay (We got 5 nights for $750) its a good deal, but be prepared to persistent when you need something. Last point, its no a concierge, they basically try and get you to go to a welcome breakfast top sell a timeshare, don't go!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Occidental Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Flamenco Punta Cana
- Grand Flamenco Occidental Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Occidental Flamenco Punta Cana