“7 Days in the Dominican Republic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Sol Punta Cana

You added Vista Sol Punta Cana to your Saves list
Vista Sol Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Alemania s/n | El Cortecito, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Memphis, Tennessee
“7 Days in the Dominican Republic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great trip. The room was average, but the customer service was excellent. Good entertainment. Every night there was a different show. The gym was very outdated, so if fitness is important to you as you vacation prepare to go off site or do something that does not require a gym. There are good quality aerobics classes at the hotel. Food was great, but you must make reservations a day ahead of time for any restaurant outside the buffet and the line for doing that is long. Also there was no need for me to exchange my money for pesos. Everyone uses dollars. Just take a bunch of ones for tipping.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From all the negative reviews I was a bit worried but I was leaning to the reviews that were more positive!

This plave is beautiful. The grounds, gardens, wildlife & amazing birds singing.

I had the best massage I've ever had by Dominica. Best $ spent. Plan to have a few more before I go home.

The property is very wide which equals large area for sunning.

All areas are really clean including our room. We have a duplex unit. 2 floors sleeps 6. 2 queen beds up stairs and 2 singles on main floor. It's right beside the main pool but our room overlooks the gardens with a view of the beach!

We are really enjoying ourselves. Going to eat Mexican tonight. Italian tomorrow and Gourmet the next!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This truly was the worst vacation of my life (and I traveled extensively in my 50 years of age). We asked for an ocean view room... and we had it. But there is absolutely no warning that oceanview room meant three beachfront parties in a row that go from 10 pm until 2 am. The music played is very loud reggae with nonstop drum bass rhythm. Splittingly loud, gave me nonstop headache for days. To be fair, two of these three parties were at the adjacent property, but at least there should be a system of warnings that this nightmare is coming. We were refused to change room the first two nights. On the third night, we were grudgingly given an "upgrade," which did not help because that particular party took place at a different location (close to the upgraded room). I honestly think they gave it to us just to make fun, since surely they should have known that it will not help that particular night. In addition, the new room had A/C problems, so we were hot as well as unable to sleep due to the noise on the beach.
Customer service is nonexistent. We were told that there are two young women that are helpful (one is Russian, and the other is named Sarah), but we never saw them. The only people at the reception were young men, who treated us with total contempt - I guess, for being unable to enjoy that ear-splitting noise at 2 am.
I have requested a refund of the upgrade charge... let's see how that goes.

Room Tip: I think building 8 is the only one safe from noise (back buildings, while far from the beach parties...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wow, one of the worst experiences of my life.
Paid for a swim up superior room, was moved to a third floor inferior room. Toilets leaked, shower leaked, ceiling was caved in due to a LEAK.
Was in DR for a friends wedding and their resort (now larimar) was sold out. read reviews, seemed alright....oh man were they horribly wrong.

From day 1 everything was terrible. The resort is old and dated, filthy, staff is unfriendly. We paid for a superior swim up room, what we got was a third floor INFERIOR room. As mentioned above; leaking everywhere, ohh and our fridge didn't work. Went to front desk, complained. Told us nothing could be done because resort was sold out and they would notify us the following day (which they never did by the way). Was advised to speak with sunwing rep, who was actually busy and more concerned with trying to flirt with the front desk staff.
He said nothing could be done and we had to file a complaint with our provider. So we contacted flightcentre (again this is on day 1). They said they were going to try and do something for us. Let me say nothing was done, and nothing has been done STILL.

ok now for the food: here's an obvious people love bacon!! Bacon for breakfast is a staple.. There was one tray of bacon every morning and guess what ...it was gone by 830 am (old people wake up early...fact). I felt really bad for the omelet guy, he just stood there for hours with no break or support with lineups around the corner making omelets for cheap euro tourists.

In all honesty- I don't see how this place is a 3.5 star...this should be a 2 star, we walked on the beach and saw some other resorts - i.e whalo bravo looks ever worse. They should be both 2 stars!
Now larimar was absolutely beautiful and well worth the 'day pass'.

Accommodation: 1/5
only because there was A/C, water had to be asked to be refilled and there were only the large 1.5 L bottles 9probably to save money), oh and we didn't get what we paid for in the swim up room...which isn't really a swim up either, it's just on the ground floor, with a pool in front of your room.

Food: 2/5
don't eat anything raw, or undercooked, or guess what you'll get sick. No options, long lineups. Booze is all generic crap, and people give you dirty looks when you don't tip...hey guess what it's an all inclusive, I'll tip every day ...not every drink!

Facilities 2/5
bc this is what this resort should be a 2*, old, dated facility, no gym, disco was terrible.

Service 1/5
a 1 for the cleaning services, and the omelet guy!, because I feel bad for giving them a 0...the omelet guy deserves a 10! to endure the patience is alot.
Front desk staff were useless, thanks for ruining my vacation, for placing is in a terrible, inferior, damaged room. 0 for sunwing...I will NEVER EVER purchase anything from flightcentre, and/or sunwing. My complaint has been in for almost 2 months and sunwing hasn't even responded...I guess they have ALOT of complaints to sift through.

So overall this place is a lonesome 1...don't bother going...Choose wisely, for management reading this; you need to revamp your services from the ground up. There's no easy fix...ok maybe one..don't put people in rooms that have damage, leaks etc...

AVOID VISTA SOL!!!

Room Tip: Don't get the swim up...waste of money, bc you probably won't get one...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have travelled extensively and this was our worst resort experience. First, it was a slow process to check in. When we finally got to our room, it was smelly and moldy, the a/c was broken with water dripping all over the floor and the toilet did not work. Hence, we had to change room, which took over an hour.

Secondly, the food was nothing to write home about. On our third day, we got our biggest surprise at dinner.....OMG!!!! MICE RUNNING OVER THE FRUIT, CAKE AND PASTRIES COUNTER....especially on the cakes. We immediately advised the front desk and the management staff, but nothing was done about it. On the fourth day of our stay, we decided to have dinner a la carte at the 'GOURMET' restaurant, but our surprise continued there as well......OMG!!! MICE RUNNING ALONG THE FLOORS. This is surely a HEALTH HAZZARD, which is NOT being taken seriously by Vista Sol hotel management.

Thirdly, many times we were given dirty beach towels and when asked why the clean towels are so damp, we were then given dry ones with no explanation.
It seemed cleanliness is not top priority for this hotel.......THEY ARE JUST DIRTY..... We did not see any cleaning crew in dining room, on a nightly basis, as seen in other hotels that we've stayed at. Why were there peacocks in dining room? We could not grasp that concept.

Last but not least, it would be really nice if the staff spoke better English.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Concern Traveller

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is my second time staying in this all inclusive hotel in Punta Cana. Last year, it was OK but this year, I am so glad to choose again this Facility because of an excellent Good Value for the price, I could not be more happy because of an excellent customer service from a professional and dedicated front guest employee ( Mrs. Lara Molinari)
She is real credit to your facility. She speaks many languages dealing with all different cultures and handling all needs with such respect and dedication. She is very attentive, polite and proactive. She satisfied me and many other customers dealing with all our concerns from rooms issues to food or even activities that were not even in her job description . Everyone was well attended to by all your staff and especially Mrs. Lara Molinari.
I would especially like to thank all your staff and especially Mrs. Lara Molinari.
I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family, and I’m sure I’ll be back on vacation. I hope to get the same quality of service when I return. Thanks again, see you soon.

Room Tip: Rooms by the back pools are quiet
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The resort met all my expettations for the value amount. I enjoyed my superior room,the cleanliness,the restaurants and bars and surroundings.Staff is friendly and helpfull. The shows r the same as everywhere, but I enjoy them every time. The animation was was pleasent funny and intrattaining, they made the day, including MANAURI TAVERAS, i though he made every guest stay, pleasent and enjoyable, a fun person to b aroun all true the day and at night at disco...the life of the party. Good job MANAURI TAVERAS

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to Vista Sol Punta Cana? Share your experiences!