The Vista Sol has its highs and its lows. The grounds are immaculate, the beach is amazing, staff is very friendly, and the service is ok.
Now the unexpected lows. The reservations for the restaurants is very limited. The line forms around 8:30am to reserve and takes about just an hour to get your reservation, if your lucky to get one. In the gormet restaurant, they only used 6 tables out of approx. 24 tables. I hate when resorts ration.
we upgraded to the oceanfront junior suite. Beautiful room and view, but the air conditioning is rationed. Blinds and shares closed for 4 days, temperature was never lower than 28 c, or approx 78 Fahrenheit. Walked to lobby to report on day one, and no one ever showed up the whole week. they refuse to drop the temp of the chilled water loop that feeds air handler unit. Simply rationing. Almost to hot for adult time. Thank goodness for the ceiling fan.
The free wifi is a joke. Tried four days before I ponied up 40 dollars for premium wifi. Also they want 40 dollars to use the safe. Which is more dang rationing. The safe is bolted to the room, it is a fixture of the room I paid for, and they want to charge extra?
The kids night is like all night, all week. The entertainment is all centered around kids. Hokie pokie, you name it. Just horrid
the sports bar beach area is nice. Just watch out for all the line jumping, rude people. Same for the bar, you respectively get in a line like a curteous human being, and you will be standing there all week. Why the staff serves people jumping in front of you, will straight get your temper flaring up. The food is average, you will find more of what you won't eat than what you will.
All in all, beautiful place, amazing views, but lacks plenty. My rating 2.9 out of 5.0
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location and the lay-out of the hotel is such that it possesses an ample beach that offers one of the largest amount of square meters per guest in the vicinity. The existing beach vegetation has been re-distributed to ensure adequate space for those wishing to enjoy sun or shadow. Together with the pristine beach and the transparent blue sea water our clients will find the relaxed atmosphere they are looking for. The beach is also ideally suited for long walks. Vista Sol Punta Cana has 471 rooms, the right size to be able to provide a personal service to our guests. Together with the colorful mature tropical gardens it offers two unique selling points when a hotel selection is to be made. Vista Sol Punta Cana is the perfect option for couples of all ages, honeymoons, romantic getaways or just to get away from it all and relax in peaceful tropical setting. WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Free of charge only in and around the theater and at an additional charge everywhere else. Evening entertainment includes professional shows and a discotheque where the drinks (local brands) are on the house. For golf aficionados the nearest golf course in only five minutes away (green fees payable), for shopping aficionados the largest local shopping mall - Palma Real Shopping Center - is nearby. Vista Sol Punta Cana further offers 3 pools, kids pools, 2 jacuzzi, 3 tennis courts, mini golf. Mini club, 7 bars (including the beach bar and pool bars), a sportsbar, 1 bufet restaurant and 3 a la carte specialty restaurants ( Mexican, Italian and Gourmet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Vista Sol Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carabela Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Carabela Beach Resort And Casino
- Carabela Bavaro Hotel
- Carabela Bavaro Punta Cana