Our room was nice and spacious and the grounds beautiful. We loved the peacocks, ducks and iguanas on the grounds. The dining was good – good selection of fruits and very fresh. The coffee was terrible and they only have coffee machines that break down at least once a day and the line ups for coffee at breakfast are horrendous! Why would the DR who are known for their coffee serve such sludge! The A la carte restaurants have a terrible reservation system – you have to line up by 8:30 everyday to reserve for that night and often if you went by 9:15 they were full-up. They have quite a few annoying rules at this hotel – cannot take even a cup of coffee out of the buffet restaurant, cannot take any food out of the beach sports bar and the staff spend hours chasing people who don’t know the rules! The pool bar is closed in the evening - only 1 bar opened most nights. The bar at the beach party does not open until 10pm even though the party starts at 9:30 and all the guests are waiting. We travel a lot and have never encountered this attitude – the management need lessons in customer service – they should please customers first if they want them to return and after talking to other guests - they will not. The entertainment from 7pm to 10pm is non-existent except for one night a week (a Michael Jackson show). It was very quiet and boring in the evening and even the shows at 10pm were a hit and miss. Do not go for 2 weeks as we did and go preferably with other couples because there really is nothing to do in the evening. We travel alone usually and love to dance under the stars - not at this resort and it's unfortunate because they have a beautiful café-style set up by the pool that would be great for dancing, even to piped-in music. We suggested it to the manager but we’re ignored, so we’ll never return – I guess they don’t care!
Bavaro beach: What an overrated beach that is! What A DISAPPOINTMENT. It is the dirtiest beach we've been on in the islands! So many weeds in the water and even though they clean continuously it is always dirty the first 15 feet in the water and the water is very muddy and choppy and not only at our hotel. The beach at this hotel is much too shady and there are way too many trees. Everyone is always trying to find some sun and having to move chairs around - very annoying. Yes you can walk for miles but it is dirty and also very windy, the whole 2 weeks we were there. Maybe it's the time of year and if so, don't go in January. But really, don't go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location and the lay-out of the hotel is such that it possesses an ample beach that offers one of the largest amount of square meters per guest in the vicinity. The existing beach vegetation has been re-distributed to ensure adequate space for those wishing to enjoy sun or shadow. Together with the pristine beach and the transparent blue sea water our clients will find the relaxed atmosphere they are looking for. The beach is also ideally suited for long walks. Vista Sol Punta Cana has 471 rooms, the right size to be able to provide a personal service to our guests. Together with the colorful mature tropical gardens it offers two unique selling points when a hotel selection is to be made. Vista Sol Punta Cana is the perfect option for couples of all ages, honeymoons, romantic getaways or just to get away from it all and relax in peaceful tropical setting. WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Free of charge only in and around the theater and at an additional charge everywhere else. Evening entertainment includes professional shows and a discotheque where the drinks (local brands) are on the house. For golf aficionados the nearest golf course in only five minutes away (green fees payable), for shopping aficionados the largest local shopping mall - Palma Real Shopping Center - is nearby. Vista Sol Punta Cana further offers 3 pools, kids pools, 2 jacuzzi, 3 tennis courts, mini golf. Mini club, 7 bars (including the beach bar and pool bars), a sportsbar, 1 bufet restaurant and 3 a la carte specialty restaurants ( Mexican, Italian and Gourmet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vista Sol Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carabela Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Carabela Beach Resort And Casino
- Carabela Bavaro Hotel
- Carabela Bavaro Punta Cana