The Junior Suites are beachfront with jacuzzi, fridge stocked with beer and pop, and good rum provided. You also get a nice balcony, upgraded beach chairs in a separate area with beach beds, and dedicated towel service with ice and pop. Security also keep the non-hotel vendors away. The people are excellent, except for the blond reserving the a la carte's, who serves Russians before anyone else in line. The food is good. The wine is awful, but you can get good wine at the supermarket in town for a reasonable price, and the a la carte restaurants will let you bring your own wine. The mixed drinks are very sweet (not great), but the Presidente beer is good and cold. There are many Russians and many are boorish at the buffet and bars. You must pay $US45 for a lesson in the catamaran before you can take it out on your own, but that is a good thing, even if you are an experienced sailor. We had a lot of trouble with our door lock (dead batteries, corroded contacts). The rooms could have been cleaner (mould in the shower, cockroaches under the jacuzzi). The beach is beautiful with lots of trees for shade and full sun near the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location and the lay-out of the hotel is such that it possesses an ample beach that offers one of the largest amount of square meters per guest in the vicinity. The existing beach vegetation has been re-distributed to ensure adequate space for those wishing to enjoy sun or shadow. Together with the pristine beach and the transparent blue sea water our clients will find the relaxed atmosphere they are looking for. The beach is also ideally suited for long walks. Vista Sol Punta Cana has 471 rooms, the right size to be able to provide a personal service to our guests. Together with the colorful mature tropical gardens it offers two unique selling points when a hotel selection is to be made. Vista Sol Punta Cana is the perfect option for couples of all ages, honeymoons, romantic getaways or just to get away from it all and relax in peaceful tropical setting. WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Free of charge only in and around the theater and at an additional charge everywhere else. Evening entertainment includes professional shows and a discotheque where the drinks (local brands) are on the house. For golf aficionados the nearest golf course in only five minutes away (green fees payable), for shopping aficionados the largest local shopping mall - Palma Real Shopping Center - is nearby. Vista Sol Punta Cana further offers 3 pools, kids pools, 2 jacuzzi, 3 tennis courts, mini golf. Mini club, 7 bars (including the beach bar and pool bars), a sportsbar, 1 bufet restaurant and 3 a la carte specialty restaurants ( Mexican, Italian and Gourmet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vista Sol Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carabela Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Carabela Beach Resort And Casino
- Carabela Bavaro Hotel
- Carabela Bavaro Punta Cana