“Outstanding hotel, perfect beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

You added Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro, km. 1, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Outstanding hotel, perfect beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I'll admit I was concerned when I read the old reviews of this hotel. My experience last week was fantastic. The check-in was flawless and I was quickly led to my room. I was lucky to have a beachfront room and the view was spectacular! When you see picture postcards of beautiful, palm tree lined beaches this is where they take those photos......all I can say is WOW. The food was excellent. The service was very good, a few instances of language challenge but that's the fun of travel. It was all good. I especially loved having free access to the internet from the Premium Club room since I was traveling for business. I can't wait to go back and take my family. My husband is a foodie and he will love all of the different restaurants. It would be a great place to watch football games since the Sports Bar has a huge screen and really plush chairs...SuperBowl maybe? Since I came back to the deep freeze and snow in Minnesota, I won't be waiting for too long.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,306)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Just came back from the newly remodled Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe in Punta Cana and all I can say is WOW!! It is a beautiful hotel with great restaurants and a view to die for. The beach has the great white sand and weather year round is wonderful. Can't wait to go back again soon~

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I booked this trip with some girlfriends a few months back and after we'd paid all of our money (of course!) I started seeing some bad reviews - bad service, tired rooms, bad food etc - about this hotel. So, I was pretty nervous about actually travelling - this was my trip to the Dominican and I didn't want it spoiled by a cruddy hotel! But- it was SO beautiful!! The beach was huge, the rooms were gorgeous - most of the rooms I saw had these great jacuzzi tubs on the balconies - we spent quite a bit of time sitting on our deck soaking and drinking!! We had Japanese one night, Italian once and French once - they also have this cute little sports bar with a big screen and these big comfy chairs! We weren't into the sports at all but the chairs were so comfy we ended up spending a few hours in front of that tv! Even the buffet, which are sometimes known to serve everything lukewarm - was great! I've been to Mexico a few times and this was much better! I would highly recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family! It was so awesome!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

In need of a quick get-away before the Christmas holiday, I thought I'd book this new hotel because of the great deal they offered. I heard this hotel had just opened the week before, but you could have fooled me.

I've stayed at Barcelo Palace in Punta Cana before, but was not expecting such an impressive resort with the Palace Deluxe. There are more restaurants - French, Italian, Japanese, and others, and they were fabulous. They have an awesome sports bar with a huge screen, and stadium seating - great for watching the football game. Plus they have a great disco with a massive dance floor. My room had a spectacular view, a huge bathroom and a very comfortable bed. Best of all, words can't describe the beach - AMAZING! All in all, if you're looking for a great hotel, this is it!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

We have stayed that the Barcelo Palace before and loved it. This year we decided to upgrade to the Palace Deluxe and LOVED IT. Everything was wonderful and we were lucky enough to be there when they opened the new "CLUB" which includes 8 more restaurants 4 more bars, including an amazing sports bar and the Casino is now located there, I would stear away from the old french restaurant in the Palace.....it was freezing in there and the food was not good and did not sit well with me if you know what I mean. Overall, we love this place and are planning on going back again next year!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I had originally booked the Barcelo Bavaro Palace through travelocity. When we got to the resort they notified us that we had been upgraded to the Palace Deluxe which is the more modern, fancier version of the Palace... AMAZING! the rooms were so modern and beautiful. All balconies have a ocean-front view with a jacuzzi on the balcony. The room included a flat screen tv, sofa, desk, a small frig with a stocked bar. the bathrooms were beautiful as well. a full glass shower with his and her sinks. Full-length mirrors on the walls. The area of the beach on which this hotel is located on is a more quiet side. If you walk over to the Palace, they have the pool and bars, so theres more excitement and music over there. At the palace deluxe it truly feels like your on our own private beach. That staff was awesome as well. They would always help you with anything and were very friendly. Tipping definitely goes a long way, one night we tipped one of the security guards a few bucks and he let us go onto the beach and take a romantic stroll. which i dont think is normally allowed. I definitely reccomend staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. its a few bucks more then the regular palace but its worth paying extra because this hotel is beautiful!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

we stayed @the family deluxe and man we sure did enjoy every minute of our vacation...it was my youngest's B-day on the last night of our stayed @the resort,& they brough him a cake & sang "Happy B-Day"to him...we loved how we could move around the whole resort in a trolly.no complaints @all..never waited more than 5mins for one.Every night they had a show @the barcelo casino..my little one loved the dancers"Girls"...the rooms were nice,modern & clean..food and drinks amazing..so much to do,so little time! we jus got back,& are already planning our next vacation there again...no doubt about it,we are definately going back & staying @the family deluxe again.........

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!