“Even nicer the 2nd Time !!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

You added Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro, km. 1, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bavaro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Macedon, New York
“Even nicer the 2nd Time !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were there in 2010 when there was alot under construction. Great Job. The buildings,fountains,pools etc are super, Really Beautiful. Shortly after our arrival, we found out your adult format had changed drastically since 2010. We could only use the Caribe and La Brisa if we paid an additional nominal fee. Used the Marimar Buffet for Breakfast ( which was excellent ) however, too many Rug Rats. Also the little choppers were everywhere,unless you went to the Beach Deluxe, Adults Only, But they were mostly Que Tips (White Hair), hideing in the shade. The Beaches are Spectacular, Best we've been to, Baring none, including Aruba, Jamica, Cabos, & Puerto Rico.
Staff is very friendly, a few more that understood English seems to be the General Consensous. The TV service, is a Joke. The Guide in the rooms must be for another country, and when we needed something serviced, they didn't have a clue, again spoke no English, and rudely turned around, walked out, never to be seen or heard from again. Actually pretty funny.
Restaurants were great !!!!!!!! Japanese a Must, and the French Excellent. Hoyo 19 a welcome change, and in general the rest were great with very friendly staffs.
Golf course and all associated with it were excellent and friendly.
Javier Corero Gilsanz, We had a young Lady who took care of our room for the 2 weeks we were there, Who was Outstanding !!!!!!!!! If I could have brought her back to the States with us I would have. Our Room was Immaculate. Her Name: SANTA DE AZA. Friendly, Curtious, & Funny. She was trying , hopelessly, to teach us Spanish, while humoring us with our mispernouncations.
Also enjoyed the sailing, & Spa, the Grounds are Beautiful , In General a Great Vacation, and you can't beat the Bang for your Buck

Room Tip: Booked for 13 Days. We enjoy the Jr. Suite Upper floors. Better View, & Quieter. Beaches are Qu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Director_BBPD, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you had a great vacation in our property. It is always a pleasure to know that our valued guests could enjoy a nice time with us.

We really appreciate your compliments, specially the one refers to our Staff members, since we know that it due to their dedication, performance and commitment as Santa had with you, is the reason for what we are able to make the stay of our guests the most memorable and enjoyable holiday.

We hope that on a second visit to the Dominican Republic, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you in our little Caribbean paradise, always your second home!

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,202)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We got a last minute deal to this hotel, so I didn’t know what to expect. Overall, I will say that this hotel was nice and I had a good time. The property was very nice, the beaches were great, but there was very little chance to get out and experience any of the culture of the island. This doesn’t mean that it’s not a good place to go, it just means that you’re going to be on an expansive property the entire time you’re there. With its big, elegant décor and theme restaurants, and buffets, the entire place is reminiscent of being at a major casino that’s on a beach. It’s nice; it has quality; it meets many of your needs, yet it has this homogenous quality that left me wanting for something of original character.

*Punta Cana (location) – Punta Cana is actually a small town, and the hotels that line the beaches are a bit away from the city and airport. Barcelo Bavaro is about twenty minutes away by taxi, which is close compared to some hotels which can be much further away. Like I said before, the isolation of the locations keeps you isolated from any culture. I expected to be able to find a market or small town or something, but on the drive there began to realize we would spend much of our time on this gated property.

*Money – Just a quick tip, there is really no need to change your money to pesos if you go to this property. Everything on the property is done in dollars, and pesos are not accepted.

*The Coupon booklet – If you book a stay, you’re offered a coupon booklet with things like $100 off of a couple’s massage, etc. We actually took advantage of one of these coupons (the massage one) but it still ended up being $220 for two fifty minute massages, and we had to make our appointment for 7:00 AM (the only time the coupon was valid). Basically, the extras are expensive at this resort, and the coupons are kind of useless.

*Rooms - Rooms are nicely laid out and modernly decorated. There is a mini bar which is part of the all-inclusive, a couch, a balcony with chairs and a Jacuzzi. The courtyard rooms have a nice view of the ocean, and I think are somewhat more preferable than the more expensive beachfront rooms which have patios right next to the common sidewalk that runs along the beach. TV is limited to a few American channels.

*Beaches – The beach and the water are the star at this resort. The water is a beautiful blue and calm. The beaches are populated by several palm trees giving it a nice aesthetic look, but also providing relaxing shade when you do not want to be in the sun. The trees are great, but they do have roots poking out through the sand all over. One interesting aspect of this beach is a type of sea grass which grows there. It is almost reminiscent of pine needles, and constantly washes ashore. Barcelo employs a team to rake up the rogue grass every day. The sand is nice by the water, and there are plenty of beach chairs to lounge in all day. If you like being by the water all day, you won’t be disappointed in this beach.

*Beach Activities – The resort has several activities available for beachgoers, if you’re so inclined. Everything from paddle boats and sailboats to things to do on the beach like bocci ball and chess.

*Pool – There is a large pool on the property, and some people took advantage of it, but most people preferred the beach.

*Beach Bar – There’s a bar on the beach, where you can get your all-inclusive free liquor. It’s constantly busy, but the staff turns out the drinks efficiently. Some people bring their own mugs to get bigger portions, but I would personally say that the drink is going to melt so fast, that it’s probably best to drink it as soon as you get it.

*Restaurants – This is a nice part of your all-inclusive experience since your expenses for meals are paid for at the beginning of the trip, and you don’t have to decide where you want to eat each night. You have two choices for meals: the theme restaurants and the buffets. Both are what you would experience if you’ve ever eaten at a casino buffet or casino theme restaurant. The one downside is that drinks are difficult to procure at times. Although the staff is extremely hard-working, they are stretched thin, and several times during meals I was left wanting for something to drink.

*Theme restaurants – You are given vouchers when you arrive for the various restaurants on the property. They are: Japanese, Mexican, Seafood, Steak, Spanish, Italian (and an optional French restaurant which is not part of the all-inclusive.) You have to make reservations for the restaurants, which we did as soon as we arrived. Service was thin, but like I said, it’s through no fault of the hard-working, but stretched thin staff. The food is decent, and the décor is nice in most of them. The salad course (and sometimes dessert course) is a serve yourself from the adjoining salad bar area, which has several options. I actually preferred doing this myself. Most places ran somewhat slowly due to the volume of people they had to serve, and there was some confusion one night when about twenty people crowded in front of the seafood restaurant, and there was no organized way of taking people’s reservations, and several customers resorted to cutting in front of the people who arrived before them. Be prepared to wait at times for your food and drink orders, and don’t expect that coffee will come out with your dessert.

*Buffets – The main buffet offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. It has a lot of choices, and it is nice to get food almost whenever you want. The downside is that it can feel harried at time with people swooping down on the food like hungry seagulls, cutting in front of people and cluelessly blocking others’ progress. At times it can feel like driving in a city with no traffic lights, and other times it can feel like it’s the end of the world and people are hoarding food, but once you return from the frenzy of the buffet, you can relax once again and look at the ocean. Drink service is hit or miss.

*Strikers Sports Bar – This is a bar and buffet which is open 24 hours as a bar, and has a buffet at hours when the main buffet is closed. It is a good place to unwind and have a few drinks and get a snack if the other areas are closed. Once again, drink service can be frustrating as the waitresses try to meet the needs of all the people at the place.

*Tipping – I believe that tipping is supposedly included in the package, but I personally tipped my wait staff. For good service at the restaurants I tipped five to seven dollars, medium service I tipped a few bucks. At the buffets, if I got good drink service I tipped a few bucks and if I got a cup of coffee halfway through my meal and nothing else, then no tip at all. At the bars, I’d tip a few dollars if I had a few drinks. It can be kind of confusing at times, though, because you might have several people wait on you, so I just left the tip and hoped they’d work it out themselves.

*Lounges and bars – There are several lounges and bars on the property, and they have a nice list of drinks that you’re able to order. Again, this is a great part of the all-inclusive package. Some bars are in front of the theme restaurants, there’s a cigar and rum bar, a lounge, and Strikers sports bar.

*Stores – Since they have you on their property, if you want to purchase anything outside of the package, you’re going to pay for it. A cheap cigar was $20. I had hoped to find some Domincan cigars in a town or something, but since I never got the chance to get to a town, ended up foregoing buying more than just the one cigar.

*Shows – There is actually a rather large theatre on the property. It has comfortable chairs with tables, and you can get drink service. The shows range from being somewhat good to average. (The Caribbean / Latin shows are more in their wheelhouse, but they try to present a variety of different shows) I will say that it was a nice nightly activity, just to have something to do. The night of the Caribbean show, they kept putting on a live commercial for the house rum which was very annoying.

*Casino – The casino is small but functional. Table prices are not too much. There is a bar and a club inside the casino.

*Other stuff – There’s a golf course, baseball field, handball and tennis courts, etc. I really didn’t see too many people take advantage to these, but they’re there.

*Staff – The staff was very friendly.

*Overall – Everything has its plusses and minuses. This resort had great beaches and a lot of activities to do. We would eat, go to the beach, get some drinks, go to a theme restaurant, go see a show, etc. and I never felt bored on this trip. They really try to meet your every need at this resort. The only downside, I would have to say is the feeling of being isolated in this part of the country and kept inside a fabricated world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Director_BBPD, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this comment about your stay in Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe. It is a pleasure for us to know, that we were able to provide you a delightful stay while you were in our resort. We are glad to hear that the facilities and services were to your liking.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again during a next visit to the Dominican Republic!

Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just wanted to share a few thoughts about the animation staff, there were 3 girls who worked very hard in the day time to keep people entertained and they were amazing ladies. I enjoyed their antics, their personalities, and their sweetness. They certainly exude energy and try very hard to keep the guests involved. I had lots of fun with them and they were very kind to me as well. They'd come and chat with me when they saw me ,if they weren't doing their shows or doing aerobics on the beach. They also do their nights shows as well! A job like that isn't always easy when you have to be on all the time, and entertaining all the time. They certainly exceed in that dept. They certainly made many of the guests come out of their shell and have fun. That's what it is all about!!!! The guys were equally as wonderful!

Dear Guest,

It’s nice read your kind review in the TripAdvisor, we are glad to know that you had a delightful stay.

We would like to specially thanks your compliments to our Entertainment Team to whom we will forward your positive feedback. At Barceló Hotels & Resorts we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon in our property. We will be more than pleased to assist you.

Grantham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our family of four with 2 daughters (17 & 19) stayed at the Bavaro Palace Deluxe (BPD) from March 13-20 and had a great time. We stayed at the Barcelo Rivera Maya in Mexico in 2008 and really like that property and so we went with Barcelo again and think that the BPD may be an even better property. In general, I don't see how people can give this place anything less than a 4 unless they had some extremely terrible event take place during their stay. Yes, everything was not perfect, but hey we were on vacation so it's not that big of a deal. If you are looking for perfection, you probably need to spend a considerable amount more money. I'll try to give a complete summary of our experiences; the excellent, the good and not so good, along with some recommendations.

Arrival/transfer to the Hotel/check-in - You have probably read the reviews where people waited in long lines to get checked in. We arrived into Punta Cana on a Wednesday afternoon and instead of getting a transfer in a bus with where we booked (JetBlue Getaways) I booked a taxi ride with Felix <felixcastillo2010@yahoo.com> as I found another traveler recommended him in another review. Felix speaks decent English and during the 10 minute ride to the resort he was giving us information about DR and giving us tips on what to do, where to go eat, shop, etc. His rates are very reasonable and were clearly cheaper than any other taxi service I had found or the transfer bus from the travel company. We got to the hotel about 2pm and there was NO ONE waiting at the check in desk. We were each given a cold fruity drink and were all checked in in 10 MINUTES. I attribute this to us arriving on a Wednesday afternoon and getting a taxi to get us ahead of the bus load of people. I also witnessed large masses of people coming in during the mid to late evening hours and there had to be 50 or more people waiting to check in as bus after bus dropped people off. Also, when you go to pick up your bags at the airport there are going to be a number of DR men looking to help you with getting your bags putting them on a cart and taking them to your bus or taxi. Your inclination may be to not let them - let them. The gentleman that helped us was able to find all of our bags very quickly and he escorted us right by the customs agent. Have a couple of bucks in your pocket for a tip. Now, back to Felix, there are 2 exits to the PC airport, and he was stationed at 1 door with a sign with our names and a "partner" with a sign, so that he wouldn't miss us. That's how professional he is. Just email him the date you are arriving and the airline and flight #, and you should be all set. I highly recommend Felix’s service. Also we had Camilo drive us to and from an excursion and he was quite good as well and speaks even more fluent English <camiloludger@hotmail.com>, and would recommend him for any travels.

The first thing you want to do after you get settled into your room is to go to one of the many guest services desk and make your reservations for the al a carte restaurants. We were able to get reservations at all 6 of the free al a carte restaurants (Seafood, Mexican, Spanish, Steak, Italian, and Japanese). Note that dinner at these restaurants usually lasts 1.5 to 2 hours, so consider that if you have young kids or you want to watch the evening show that starts at 10 pm each evening. The next thing you want to do is schedule or plan any excursions during your stay as some are only offered during certain days. The office to do that is just to the left of where you checked in.

Food - Buffet: Overall the buffets were good to above average. We found the breakfast buffet to have the best food. If you like omelets, they have 4-6 guys just to make your own for you. There is also a very friendly gentleman who makes the greatest blended fruit drinks out of any fruit he has available (melon, papaya, banana, pineapple, etc.) during breakfast. We only ate lunch a couple of times as we usually filled up at breakfast and that kept us tied over until dinner. But the times that we did go in for lunch, the food was hit-or-miss. For example, some of the meats looked dried out and many of the cold dishes or salads weren’t of my liking so I didn’t get any of that. But I always found something that I liked that was of decent quality and one day they just finished grilling large long fish fillets and it was so tender and flakey, and better than the fish that I had at the Seafood a la carte restaurant. Lastly, they always had great desserts to choose from. The wait staff did a nice job of cleaning tables in a timely manner and offering water or coffee to drink. We also ate at Strikers sports bar which had some decent ribs, fries, o-rings, pizza, etc. available in a buffet style. Strikers is open 24 hours and always has at least 3 sporting events on TV at any given time. We didn’t get to the restaurant that was at the golf club house, but wished we did as we heard it was good.

Food - a la Carte:
Here are some general observations. Men are required to wear pants and closed-toed shoes, but there were some men that wore blue jeans and sport shoes to comply, which for me takes away from the experience, but to each their own. The Seafood and Sante Fe (steak) restaurants are the only ones to offer outdoor seating. We had good weather so we chose to eat outside and we liked it better than eating inside. You have to ask for an outside table when making your reservations. We missed our 7:45 reservation one night due to an excursion that ran late, arrived at 9:00 and asked the hostess if she could try to fit us in, and while it took a while, she got us in at 10:00. The next night when we went to dinner at a different restaurant, a gentleman and his date were just ahead of us and were 1.5 hours late for their dinner, and the hostess said “sorry”, he crumpled his ticket and threw it across the room, but he never tried to work with her. So my take away is if you ask nicely and are patient they’ll try to fit you in. The quality of service varies from fair to very good, and when we got what I thought was only fair service I saw other tables getting better, so again it’s hit-and-miss, and when we got fair service it wasn’t terrible, just not really great. Like the buffets you could always find a very top-notch dessert on the menu to finish your meal. Lastly, the house wine they offer is drinkable, but not very good. So if you are a wine connoisseur they have many wines that you can buy, but their prices are high. For example, a bottle of Yellow Tail goes for about $20-25. Here is how we found the individual restaurants:

Seafood – The entrees here we OK, but we didn’t find them to be that special. We found the offerings at the salad bar to uninviting for our tastes, but maybe someone else would find them tasty.
Sante Fe (Steak) – Arguably the best meal of the week. We all got a different cut of steak, but the 8 oz filet was clearly the most tender cut. The offerings at the salad bar we thought we the best of any of the restaurants.
Mexican – The food here was good.
Japanese – They offer hibachi or regular table. Make sure that when you are making your reservations you specifically asked to be seated at a hibachi grill. We didn’t do this, but again we came earlier than our reservation time and worked with the hostess who got us a seat at the hibachi. This restaurant is quite loud due to the excitement around all of the hibachi’s, so having a conversation is difficult. Food quality was good. The quality of the hibachi cooks varied greatly; some were very talented and skilled in the “tricks” that they would do, while others were more focused on cooking a good meal.
Italian – This restaurant is probably the smallest. The salad bar was way below average and none of our family were particularly excited with our entrees.
Spanish – This restaurant is small, but had possibly the most food offerings of any of the restaurants. Food quality was good.

Bars: There are more bars in this place than you can shake a stick at. You are never far from one. If you order a drink with rum I almost always saw them using top shelf rum and they had other top shelf liquors. Some bartenders would automatically use the top shelf stuff while with other bartenders you had to ask for it. The quality of the tropical and sweet drinks can vary greatly from bartender to bartender. Most were very good, some were excellent, but on a few occasions they were borderline not drinkable.

The facilities and grounds: The grounds are immaculate. You will not find better anywhere. We saw the maintenance team re-painting in a number of areas, which is one reason why the place looks so nice. The floors in public areas are constantly being swept and mopped. The public bathrooms are like those of a top rate hotel even given the possibility of people with sandy feet walking in them. The word is that this property went through major renovations 3-5 years ago and it shows. Very impressive.

The beach and activities: Best beach we have ever been on. The sand is very fine and cool to the touch even in the sun. Seaweed does wash up frequently during the day, but they clean the beach off in the morning. If you are thinking about snorkeling in front of the hotel, forget it, there is absolutely nothing to see. Take a tour to another part of the island if you want to do snorkeling. Plenty of beach chairs and clean towels to be had. I took out a Hobie Cat, but needed to be “trained” for a $50 fee. I paid it. My trainer spoke very little English and had very little patience for me. It was not a great experience.

Housing Accommodations: Again we had a family deluxe room (8835) that was located near the Barcy park. We asked for the garden side as opposed to the gold course side, and I would recommend that. Our housekeeper came every day. Nothing terrible or outstanding. We found our king size bed to be very comfortable and not hard at all. They provided a variety of pillow sizes from small to body sizes. Also the air conditioning combined with the overhead fan made sleeping very nice and mostly quiet. We did have a couple of electrical issues during our stay and one night we apparently blew an electrical circuit (not a fuse) when someone turned on the bathroom light. But we called maintenance in the morning and they sent someone over in 5 minutes and the problem was fixed soon after. Some people have written in reviews that you had to walk a long ways to get from your hotel room to other parts of the resort. We did not find this to be an issue or problem at all. Where our room was located, we were no more than a 5 minute walk to any of the restaurants, the pools, the beach or the golf course. C’mon people get a grip and get a little exercise.

Excursions: We sent our girls on an Eco-tour and they really like it a lot. Highly recommended. We booked this through the hotel.

Nightly Show: The nightly show starts at 10pm every night with a different theme each night. The show quality was very good with professional-like dancers and singers. We only went to a couple of shows, but wished we would have gone to more. The theater that they have at BPD is top notch and considerably better than the one at the Barcelo property in Rivera Maya.

Security: There was a presence of security guards around the property. There was 1 night when we heard loud partying at 2:30, but it didn’t last too long, and one night when there was some type of ruckus between 2 parties in the room below us at 4am. We called security and in a matter of 5 minutes things quieted down. One night, I accidently left my waist bag at a restaurant as I was taking pictures for another family. Inside was my iPhone and a small camera. I realized my mistake about 15 minutes after we left the restaurant. I quickly returned to the restaurant where the hostess informed me that they had already taken it to the front desk and called our room to attempt to notify me. When I opened my bag EVERYTHING was there. Needless to say, I gave the group back at the restaurant a nice tip.

Internet: they offer Wi-Fi and I found it to be pretty strong in most parts of the resort and in our room. The fees are $12 for one day, $20 for 2 days, and an additional $5 per day after that. Highly recommended if you need to do email, texting, or researching for excursions outside of the Barcelo property.

Phone: Calling back to the US is $1/minute, not bad compared to the $2/minute that Verizon charged me. Also, if you go to one of the guest services desk with a local number, they will work through the resort’s main operator and connect you so that you don’t have to pay for those calls.

ATM: There are several ATM’s in the main building. They charge about $4 per transaction no matter how much money you withdraw. The one ATM that I used limits to about $400/transaction, and my bank would only limit me to $500 per day using my debit card.

Casino: Nothing great. I played some blackjack but got my but kicked.

Weather: The weather is mid-March was very nice. Typically low-mid 80s, sunny to partly cloudy everyday. I would have preferred it to be a little warmer, but that’s just me. In the 8 days we were there, it rained really only 1 day and at that it was off and on drizzles. And the humidity was relatively low and again not an issue. We found Cancun to be quite humid, but this was definitely not the case. There was always a breeze of 10-15 mph blowing and there were absolutely zero bugs to found. Near perfect conditions.

People: Overall we found the Dominican people to be very friendly, happy, and hard working. Did we come across a couple who may be weren’t as friendly as most? Yes. But they were few and far between. Given their economic condition, I thought they seemed quite happy and productive. We frequently saw supervisors and managers pitching in to help out when staff was getting a little overwhelmed in the restaurants. Yes, most of them didn’t know a lot of English, but they all knew some basic English and if you just try to use a little Spanish (Hola=Hello, Por Forvor=Please, and Gracias) it really goes a long ways in developing a repoire with the people.

Spa: My wife got one of those $320 complete spa treatments that included a message, facial, rocks, manicure, petticure, etc. as we had a coupon for $80 off due to Barcelo’s current promotion. It was originally suppose to take 3 hours, and I won’t tell you how much more time she got, be she received well more than 3 hours of attention. Her attendant was a gal named Leiky. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her time there.

Gym: They have a nice gym connected to the spa. I used the treadmills (not enough though) and they had some elipticals and 1 stair-stepping machine. They had about a dozen Life Fitness machines that were showing their age a bit as they were about 10 years old, but still functionable. They also had a set of dumbbells and a nice room to do pilates and abdominals. Your gym at home probably has nicer equipment, but I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Other observations: On Saturday (3/16) we saw a huge influx of college kids to the resort and things got louder and more raunchy. For example, my wife and I rented a cabana at the adults-only pool for $10 (note: I would highly recommend this for couples as it made for a shady, quiet day, but you have to reserve them at least 1 day in advance). In the middle of the pool is a whirlpool where a group of about 10 college kids gathered in the afternoon. They had the whirlpool bubbling and several “couples” had or attempted to have intercourse (yes you read correctly) while the others were cheering them on at about 2pm in the afternoon! Needlessly to say, these kids were intoxicated and my advice is if you can avoid the last 2 weeks of March if you want to avoid the college kids. Lastly, I saw some people take the bartenders for granted by frequently ordering large #’s of mixed or specialty drinks and then not tipping or even thanking the bartenders for their service. C’mon people these Dominicans make about $200/month and you just spent $1500/person to go and stay there. A couple of bucks to show your appreciation goes a long ways.

Overall we had a great time at the BPD and would definitely consider going back. While there were a few things that we were less than impressed with, overall it was 90% positive and fun, which is why we give it a 5-star rating.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room above the 1st or ground floor to give yourselves more privacy. We...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Director_BBPD, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all our team at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe, we thank you again for your remarks and observations in regards to your stay.

We really appreciate your feedback and please rest assure that we will share your impressions to all the departments involved since our guests’ opinion and their experience is of the most important and assistance to us.

We look forward to host you in our property in the near future and make of your next visit the most memorable vacation you and your family may have!

RANCHO MIRAGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This experience was awesome !! ... the hotel was perfect, because you can get 7 different kind of restaurants, and they are ALL GOOD. They have a water park and a wave pool just to relax and have fun . You can get into the PREMIUM CLUB wish is very cool, you pay a little bit more, but you have a lot of difference kind of things extra with out paying. Actually i would like to say thanks to 2 persons in the premium club, they are MIRIAM AND ROXANA and they were very nice to me, helping me with all my questions ... :) thanks girls !! ...

Room Tip: I like the room in the Block number 5, third floor next to the kids pool, close to everything ....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Director_BBPD, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write about your experience at our hotel. It’s a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and appreciated the friendliness of our staff especially from Miriam and Roxanna from our Premium Club who will receive your pleasant comments. It was nice to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and our variety of cuisine has been of your entire satisfaction.

Once again thank you for having chosen us and for share in the Trip Advisor your positive experience in our little Caribbean paradise.

We hope you come back to the Dominican Republic and will give us the chance to welcome you at our resort.

Sincerely ,

Mirabel, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed there from Feb 15th to Feb 22nd with a five year old and a 20 month old. As soon as we arrived, the staff was very helpful getting us set up in our room with the crib and everything. We were told the hotel was full the week we were there but the grounds are so vast that we never felt crowded. We were getting to the beach at about 9am each day and had no problems getting chairs with good spots that were both in the shade and the sun.

The kiddie pool with the water slides was great for both my sons who found slides appropriate for both their ages. I saw people testing the water several times which reassured me the water was clean. The pool opened late one day because of a shock treatment.

Being with young kids, we ate at the buffet for most meals and we were pleased to find a good variety of food. I was able to eat seafood for every meal which was great.

The check out process with Sylvio and Javier was quick and efficient wich ended a great week for us. We will be going back for sure next year!

Room Tip: Rooms by the golf course are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us, it is very gratifying to know that you enjoyed our facilities and service and our staff has assisted with the kindness that characterizes us as a chain, we reiterate we've thought of every one of our guest's needs and that you have been enjoying our facilities for adults and kids. In relation to your comments about the food we are very pleased to know that we could meet our goal principal to provide a high quality standard and we have filled their expectations.

We hope your visit at our Caribbean paradise very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I will say upfront that the beach was lovely and the resort itself had a lot of potential, however the people behind the resort made this an incredibly disappointing vacation. I felt I was constantly being taken advantage of and it was as if they did everything in their power to make it as inconvenient as possible. We couldn't make reservations at most of the restaurants with the exception of two the entire week we were there. Every question we asked, the answer was always "no". It actually became a joke within our group. You had to ask for something three or four times before it actually came. The staff was incredibly unfriendly. Language barrier or not, a smile can go a long way. If they don't understand what you are asking, they should find someone who can help you - that did not happen. As far as cleanliness, you would see workers mopping the floors all the time yet the public restrooms were gross. There would be a bathroom attendant but she would just be sitting in the corner. Three or four stalls had no toilet paper and paper towels were littered on the floor. The sheets had stains and trash was all over the beach and pool area. They pour a generous drink but the alcohol must be watered down because even if you ask for absolute or stoli, given the amount I drank, I should not have been stone-cold sober. Which is concerning because if it is not absolute or stoli, then what is it? And why are they lying about it? By the end of the vacation, I didn't trust them at all. I checked our bill and sure enough, there was a charge that shouldn't have been there, and they seemed less than concerned that they had falsely charged me for something. This place has some sketchy things going on and I want to make sure I tell my story to hopefully save someone else from a ruined vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valued time to share your experience with us. Your opinion is very important and assisting for us to improve our service. We are glad that you enjoyed our beach and the facilities. And we would like to apologize for not fulfilling your expectations and for the situations you may have encountered during your stay. We are sorry that you found that our staff was not attentive enough , but we assure you that we are continuously working in improving the quality and excellence of our customer service.

Maybe you could give us another chance in the future to change your opinion.

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!