“Destination Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

You added Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro, km. 1, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersGold level
Peterborough, Canada
“Destination Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I traveled to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe from Feb 6th - feb 13th.2013 After months of research we decided to select this Hotel for our Wedding. Please keep in mind that my review is completely honest, i realized after spending months obessing over reviews and like everyone else focusing on the negative. I can tell you this place went far and beyond our expecations. I actually asked all my 50 plus guests on our transfer to airport(via private bus just for my party) if there was anything negative about the Barcelo Palace Deluxe. To sum it up in few words words, "Fantastic", "perfect"."comeback in a heartbeat"
The property is immaculate, you could actually walk around barefoot on every path/walkway and there is miles of paths and walkways.(along the beach, through the complex), it was almost like they vacuumed the pathways every morning...lol. I read many reviews about long waits to check in-i think we were all booked and on our way to rooms within 15 minutes,
I read reviews claiming food was not great, - i can only tell you this the "French Restaurant"-La Comedie"and i have been to Chef school(makes me able to have an opinion..lol) and i will tell you it was probably one of the top three meals of my life. There is endless selections of food for any style, flavor you could imagine. Like i said earlier in this review i have been to many all inclusive's i always found that it was almost like they watered down the booze. I can tell you this, it is not even a slight hint of that going on at Barcelo Palace. Almost the opposite, all top brand liquor(you need to specify your brand).
Some advice concerning the language barrier, a few simple words in spanish goes along way, like a simple "ola"(hello) , "muchas gracias"(thank you very much)"por favor"(thank you), beunos dias(good morning), i think it shows that you are respecting there culture and language and in return they seem to really respond well to your requests!!
I recommend if you want that extra pampering and over the top service to upgrade to "Club Premium", if you could beleive it with 3000 plus guest at the hotel they remembered our names and details of our group.
Everything about about our wedding was amazing. The Wedding Coordinator(Lianny Duverge" made us so comfortable and stress free about o.ur day. She was awesome!!!We couldn't have been happier with how it all turned out!!
Just a small note, not one of our 50 plus guest had any stomach issues. Since i am being honest i must include a small detail that a few people in the group did not enjoy the house wine, and 1 situation where there was a mistake on charges to a room which was corrected immediately.
There is no doubt that myself and my wife had to best time of our life, we are so gratefull to The Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe for making our wedding and stay so special!!
We are already planning our trip next February to this resort!!

Room Tip: The 4000 block is closest to the main building where everything is!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Director_BBPD, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor as well as for having chosen us as the ideal place to celebrate your wedding. We are more than pleased to know that you and your wife had a wonderful ceremony and that everything came as you desired.

I the same way, we appreciated your observations and just for information we are proceeding to do some important changes in the concepts of our beverage outlets with the aim to satisfy all our clients’ requirements. We know that there is a commitment to all our guests when select us among others resorts and all our human team at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe make their best effort to accomplish our guests’ entire satisfaction.

We sincerely hope that you come back and visit us celebrating your honeymoon next year! Here, we will be waiting for your news whenever you decide to come back!

Our best regards,

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,367)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Torrance, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful resorts I have been to. The beach is great, but we found 90% of the employees here to be very rude and generally unhappy.

We found one person in Club Premium to be excellent and the rest appeared to be upset that we came in as with other people seeking help.

The buffet staff was the worst I have ever experienced. How hard is it to put some napkins and forks on the tables? Some meals we couldn't get water or coffee. There was one waitress in the buffet that was absolutely great and we would seek out her section when available.

Casino cashier staff, total B#@ches! Talk about hating your job or just people in general. All I wanted was change for my $1,000 peso bill, you know tip money.

Our cleaning lady for the first 5 days, was terrible. If I am out of shampoo, nuts, coffee, water and beer at the same time, please replace them. Daily tips did not seem to make up for the lack of customer service. We paid good money for an ocean front room, club premium for a reason, 20 year anniversary. Buzz kill.

Fortunately, we got a different cleaning lady for the last five days and she was much better. Not the best, but did remember to replace most of the used items in the room. Attention to detail is lacking here by the cleaning staff.

If you want very good service, go to Sticker's bar. They are great and the food is really good. Don't get your hopes up for quality liquor even with club premium. Absolut is not quality vodka.

All in all, my wife and I never go back to Barcelo in Punta Cana. If you want an excellent Barcelo experience, go to Cabo San Lucas. The entire staff there is excellent. Everyone is friendly and greets you with a smile.

Don't be surprised when you travel outside the resort of how dirty the country is. Trash everywhere. Even up in the mountain region on an excursion there was trash all along the road.

Room Tip: Loved the ocean front room. Not worth the price due to lack of service. Room 1201 is on a corner w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the situations that affected you while vacationing with us and we extend you our most sincere apologies for the lack of customer service perceived from some of our staff members. We further regret that you felt your requests were not attended properly or in a timely manner. It was never our intention to make you feel uncomfortable since your satisfaction is our top priority.

Thank you for your preference in selecting our Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe for your anniversary, as well as for letting us known about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

We hope to have a second chance to show you our commitment to excellence customer service during a next visit to our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Delux for a week in early February with a friend. The hotel was really lovely but we were even more impressed with the staff, they were incredibly friendly and warm. In particular Tommy Lora (pool/beach activities coordinator). He was just a blast to watch and interact with. Whatever they pay him is not enough. I will come back to this hotel because of Tommy.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay.

We will gladly pass your compliments to our Staff members, since we know that is due to their friendliness that we are able to achieve our guests’ satisfaction.

We hope that when returning to the Dominican Republic, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Fantastic resort. Amazing food. Amazing people. Club premium management wen above and beyond to make this the best trip ever. We have a few more days left here, and are very excited for the rest of them.Thanks so much again to Rosie and her lovely staff!!!!!

Room Tip: Book with Club Premium
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed our Premium Services. We are glad to know that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff because we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal, the continuous improvement of our services and our guests’ satisfaction.

Thank you again and we look forward to host you in our property in the near future.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Barcelo...the facility and amenities were top notch. I especially appreciated the Club Premium services which really were the icing on the cake. Having access to extra amenities (the Spa was fantastic!) made the stay very special. I want to give a special shout to Adalgisa who was extremely friendly, polite and courteous. The manager of the Club Premium services, Aralelis, was exceptionally accommodating and took very good care of us! We look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground level Junior Suite which had excellent views and access to the beach and pool...
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our General Manager we thank you for your note in TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us. We are very satisfied to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and really appreciate your compliments to our Staff at the Club Premium. We are sure they will happy reading your feedback about your stay with us.

We look forward to host you in our property in the near future, always your second home in the Dominican Republic.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

From arrival the resort met our expectations. The rooms were clean and very nice. The buffet restaurants were a little bit better than other all inclusive resorts we have been to. The main buffet in the palace is very big and the staff did struggle a little to meet the demands of the crowds over meal times, a little patience was required sometimes but the staff were generally doing their best. The buffet at the adults area at the other end of the beach was much better, more relaxed and right on the beach. We really enjoyed a walk down there in the morning for breakfast or lunch. The selection of ala carte restaurants was great (9), we really enjoyed the French and the Janapese restaurants in particular. The overall service in the resort was perfect for me, very positive and responsive whenever you asked for or needed anything. The beach is nothing short of fantasic and there were plenty of beach loungers to go around. All five of us had a great week and we all agreed that this was a place we would be happy to return to again.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your valued time in share your impressions and positive feedback in TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you have a delightful stay and that you could enjoy most of or services as well as our facilities.

It is a real pleasure to know that your experience during your last vacation makes you thinking in coming back to the Dominican Republic chossing us again to repeat your experience with us in the Caribbean paradise.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on your next vacation! We will be waiting for your news!

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the resort itself is very very nice. I have never been to a resort like this before. But then comes the buffet food and the people that work inside the buffet restaurants.
There was nothing there that really drew my attention. I think I lost 10lbs from not really eating.
We found our own seating which was fine but once we sat down it took a waitress 10 minutes to actually come and ask if we wanted something to drink. That was only when we were lucky. Most of the time we didnt even get asked if we wanted something to drink. They have miserable looks on their faces. Very rude at times. I definitly do not recommend the buffet food.
The steak house was good. But again the service was awful. The waiter was very rude and did not have a smile on his face. Maybe if these people smiled and were friendly they would get a better tip.
The japanese place was good. Very friendly and fun. The mexican place was good. Very friendly and fun as well and excellent service.
I would definitly not be back to this hotel. If the people were a bit more nicer it would be a different story. We came to the hotel for a vacation, not to be treated poorly. We spent alot of money coming there and I would think that people would be pleasant. I guess not.
The rooms were nice. The only thing is that the bed sheets smelled. But I think that is basically anywhere you go out of the country. speaking of the room...the cleaning lady was in our room cleaning one day and my husband tipped her and she just looked at him with no smile and took the money. I mean come on people!!!!! This is your job why dont you pretend to like it. Dont you think they need the money?
The bars...it seems if you dont have $$$ in your hands they look at you and walk away and do something else while you stand there for ever to get served. I was in the sports bar and wanted to get something to drink and the guy behind the bar looked at me and turned his head and walked away and then looked at me again and went in the back. I think these people that work here need some serious training. Are they forgetting that this is an all inclusive resort????? I payed for my drinks and food in advance so if i feel the need to tip i will if i dont then I really dont have too.
So maybe if they would serve their customers with a little respect they would get the tip they deserve.
Maybe we should have upgraded to the premium to get treated like a king and queen? whatever...we went, we saw, and never again will i be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Director_BBPD, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the observations concerning the service and the staff, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with our services. Please let this not be a motive to not stay with us in the future. Even though I can assure you that we continuously work with our staff in order to improve the quality of our services, I also have to say that in general our guests perceive the Dominicans to have a friendly, cheerful and sympathetic nature.

I would like to thank you for your constructive observations. In Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe we believe that it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our customers, that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.

Director Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!