“Beyond Expectation by Lois-Gail” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro, km. 1, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Bavaro
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Beyond Expectation by Lois-Gail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We arrived in the evening, so check-in was quick. Our room was large and 3 of us had no problem sharing the utilities. The toliet and shower are seperate. There are 2 sinks and ample draws and closets for clothing. We had minor repairs needed durning our stay, the front desk sent someone up within minutes to address our problem. That is unheard of in DR, it usually takes hours not minutes! There is a clean jacuzzi on the deck with roll up shades. The resort is IMMACULATE, the people who work there never stop cleaning. The buffets are good, with a variey of food. The speciality restaurants need to be alittle more authentic with the food choices and how they are prepared. Please do not allow children under 5 years of age in the speciality dining rooms. We had screaming children in 2 out of the 4 we ate in. The pool is unbelieve, big and clean. The beach is nice. I wish there was beverage service around the pool and beach. The water sport company Marina and their representitve Emelindo were friendly, honest and had clean equipment for many water sport choices.
I thought it was wrong not to put all the choices of liquor on the bar that is included in the price. We were drinking Absolute Vodlka, until someone told us they had Stoli under the bar, which was included in the price of the all inclusive price.
I would return again to this resort because of the beauty, cleanliness,friendly, kind people and good food.

Room Tip: We stayed in bldg 5, great location. Close to restaurants, pool, lobby and ocean. Weasked for second...

5,754 people have reviewed this hotel

2099
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,081)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Zermatt, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Me & my Family, we had wonderful vacation at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe!
The rooms were fantasticlly (club permium beach front). The Beach was amazing, extremly-long, the sand was white as snow, the climate was so agreable!

Vanessa Marte from the Guest-office, stayed us by side trough the whole vacations! Every wish we had, she made real.

Room Tip: Tipp: Book the Club Premium! You'll have a lot of advantages! And there are the best rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I am so pleased about my decision to go to this resort.I felt like a queen by the majority of the staff.At other times it was quite obvious that this resort doesn't see many dark races visiting the resort.It presented a problem for those Dominicans employees or Europeans guests who were very uncomfortable with other races.I kept it moving.
The room we were in had a TV that did not have a good sound quality,but I never requested it be fixed.
The most exceptional employee was Manuel in guest services.He know how to treat guests at the resort.
I would choice a different location in the world because of lack diversity not because of mistakes.

• Stayed December 2012
Duluth, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The entire complex is outstanding. Great food, great excursions,excellent staff. I especially appreciated Arcelis Del Rosario's handling of our room and comfort. She is an exceptional employee. I really felt like she cared.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a junior suite or better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my 6th year straight, golfing with Michael B's 10th Anniversary Golf Trip to DR, and the guys. Staying there over the years during construction was worth it, due to the first class changes made to the resort. Many of the staff are still there and greet us with open arms every year. Treat them well, smile and say Ola....and they will reciprocate.
The golf course is superb and well maintained. Having the clubs cleaned & stored for the week is very convenient.....bring lots of balls though....hence the name Lakes at Barcelo !
We stayed in the Junior Suites this year and used the adult Beach Hotel pool and bars to avoid larger crowds and children at the Palace pool. The Beach & Palace hotels are joined by covered walkways for protection in the rain, but walking the beach sidewalk is beautiful. Floors are cleaned daily to maintain the fresh new look that unlike other new resorts, is set amongst the mature palms and gardens of the original buildings.
There is an abundant choice of eating locations dependant on your package, and easy booking for the week on your first day of arrival. While there will always be complainers on this site regarding food, you can't go wrong with all the fruit, fresh served eggs, omlettes and pasta bars at the huge buffets. The Spanish & French restaurants are excellent.
Counting the days to next year's trip. Thanks for continued great service.
Phil B, Newmarket, Canada

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bavaro_Beach_Resort, General Managment at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Phil,

Thank you for having chosen our Hotel as the ideal place for your vacation. We really appreciate your loyalty and confidence over the years. We are proud for your comments about our human team, since is due to their effort that we are able to achieve our main goal: happy stays and our guests' satisfaction.

General Managment at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was on this resort for a company trip 12/2012. Everything seemed pretty nice, however after being there for 2 days, I started to experience some bug bites. At first I wrote it off as mosquito bites, but as time went on the bites started to really increase in quantity. My feet, ankles, lower legs, and arms were covered in hard red bumps with blisters in the center. Once I got home I did some research and now unfortunately feel 100% sure that these are bed bug bites. When I came home from the trip my husband immediately had (unbeknownst to me) moved my suite case upstairs into our bedroom!!! It sat there all night long and now I am super freaked out that I may have introduced bedbugs into our home!! Washing everything and just have to PRAY that things will be OK. Not a great experience to say the least.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Director_BBPD, Director at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear guest,

We are thankful you shared your review with us. I would like to assure you that we do not have bed bugs in our hotel.
However, what you can find in tropical countries is jején which is a tiny type of mosquito that usually lives around the beach and leaves bites similar to those of bed bugs.

We offer you our apologies about this unfortunate experience. As we always want our guests to have the best experience at our resort.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friends family and I have travelled to Punta Cana for 10 yrs running now, always staying at the Barcelo Hotel here. Over the years many changes have been made to upgrade this hotel to make it what it is now which is really a world class resort with an excellent golf course which is beautifully maintained and wonderfully hosted. The beach is one of the best beaches you will find anywhere in the world, protected by a reef and shaded with mature palm trees and cleaned meticulously every day.
I would like to thank the staff, many of whom we have come to know over the years for their outstanding service attention to detail.
This resort will not dissapoint.
Mike B Toronto Canada

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!