“The best hotel in the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

You added Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro, km. 1, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Early booking offer
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Bavaro
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best hotel in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

It was unforgatable vacation for my family. I would like to special thank for Manuel and Dahiana from Guest services We spent 6 nights at this hotel and every day there was new experience. Restuarants are very nice and the food everywhere ( buffets, sport bar and for dinner ) just magnifisant. Lots of varieties. I definitely will go back for next year and for sure will reccomend this hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a ocean view rom but on a second floor and closer to the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am Venezuelan so I am very picky when it comes to selecting a beach destination.
The Bavaro Palace Deluxe has everything for a perfect vacation with lots of activities to do.
The staff were very nice specially Juan Santos from the reception and Elisa from the Mexican restaurant.
Overall food is average but nothing special. They could do better specially the night restaurants.
I would go back again, the beach is stunning.

Room Tip: the resort is huge so if you want to be close to the pool or bar make sure you tell them so. We had...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Parry Sound, On, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughter and I along with my friend and her daughter stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Nov. 11th - 17th & had the greatest time! This resort is absolutely beautiful and enormous with a lot to do for every type of traveler.
We didn't go on any excursion, preferring to enjoy the resort to its fullest. The site has two small water parks, one with additional charges (10$) and one included. The girls (8 years old) enjoyed both, the wave pool in the first one and the little water slides in the other.
Food was really good, the site offers a restaurant (Hole 19) with no required reservation which was great for those nights when we didn't have a reservation elsewhere. All the restaurants were good, Japanese being my personal favorite :)
Now, the only negative point, the house wine is absolutely undrinkable. There's a workaround though as you can order a bottle at a reasonable price, which we did every night. If you are a wine lover, plan a small budget and order a bottle with your dinner, it was worth it!
The entertainment was alright, we weren't overly impressed by the shows but it was always nice to go watch them.
We brought pool floaties and snorkels for the girls, and they used them every day.
Something else we brought and ended up being quite handy: long chair covers from the dollar store, we used them in the morning to reserve our chairs and didn't need to use our towels to lay on.
Staff were very nice and helpful, I definitely recommend this hotel, I would even go back again!

Room Tip: Our room was the Junior Suite Deluxe and was perfect for our needs with 2 separate rooms and very we...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week and I wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms are very modern and very clean. The restaurants were very good and had a lot of variety to choose from. I recommend that the first thing you do when you get there is go and book your reservations for dinner for every night that you will be staying there, some of the restaurants will book up. Try and schedule them around your excursions as well. You don't need to tip there but it is nice to leave a few US dollars after dinner, especially if your service was good. I also would recommend getting a room with and ocean view as ours did not. It is not a huge deal but it would be great to just walk out from your room to the beach and maybe get breakfast on your deck with a view.

We went on the dune buggy excursion and it was pretty fun but expect to be completely submerged in dirt and mud. It was really fun but DON'T wear anything that you don't want to just throw away right after you get back. We all did a tour to the capital which was interesting and kind of broke up the week a bit.

Take time to go and get dance lessons on the beach and take time to just relax. There are plenty of places to go and take a nap and enjoy the weather. It may rain a bit, but it is usually over in like 10-15 min and then it is sunny again. This was a great value for what you get, we saw a lot of other hotels when we the bus was picking up other guests on one of our excursions and this was the nicest that we saw. Also take time to walk down the beach to the little market, there are some fun things to see and buy, but beware they are very pushy sales guys there. Fortunately I can speak spanish which was a big help.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a beach view room it is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsauken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from a week at the Palace. The food was atrocious. Every meal was either luke warm or cold, very bland. One night my husband was served fish that was actually frozen not even cooked at all. We could not communicate with most of the staff. At least two days we did not get maid service at all, and when they did come it was knocking on the door and walking in without waiting for us to answer at 8:30 a.m or one time at 6:00 p.m. when we were getting ready to go to dinner. If they took our towels and washcloths we did not get new ones, so we had to hide the towels and washcloths that we had. The beach was great, lots of chairs, the pools were clean, entertainment could have been a lot better. All in all we would not go back to this particular resort again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When my husband and I were shown to our room I realized this was not the Master Suite Ocean Front Club Premium room I had paid for. I had also requested a quiet area, but instead was put in right in front of the adult pool which was quite noisy and with no real view of the ocean. I notified the front desk right away and told them I wanted a different room with a view and not a loud area. Since we were "premium members" due to our room, I thought this would help, although they stated this was impossible that there were no other rooms in this category available. I didn't believe this and told her so because at this point the resort wasn't close to full. I did receive a call back within five minutes and was told that we would be moved the next day, and not to unpack. The manager was very apologetic for the inconvenience and indeed we were moved around 1:30 the next day and they did upgrade the room to a panoramic room as well which was beautiful. I was also disappointed that this resort does charge extra to use their own reef to snorkel this should be included. The quality of the food was the same as most resorts, but with more variety with the a la cart restaurants. The resort itself is beautiful, the beach with plenty of chairs, palm trees sun and shade. The pools are very clean and pretty. The staff very attentive, and even if they cant speak much english, they speak enough and try very hard. The rooms are awesome and the jacuzzi on the deck is perfect. The entertainment staff is great, and the shows at night are a bit cheesy at times but much more entertaining then most resorts I have stayed, they are not all in English but it didn't matter. Anytime I needed anything I just called the desk and they responded right away, although room service is a bit slow so allow at least a hours for that. The weather was awesome Sunny with a 20 minute shower maybe twice the six days I was there, although the forecast made it look like it was going to be raining the entire week. I did get sick on day five which I am still battling with now. I would definitely go back to this resort but just make sure of my room before I arrive to it, and maybe take better precautions to avoid TD which you can get anywhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Welland, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Bavaro Palace Deluxe and I can not say enough good things about the resort. The resort has plenty of activities and entertainment at all hours of the day. The service is excellent and all of the staff is very friendly. There are plenty of options for food and I have yet to be disappointed. I highly recommend this resort, I will be visiting every year for the rest of my life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!