“Didn't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

You added Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe to your Saves list
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Bavaro, km. 1, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23301, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 35% discount
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersGold level
Ogden, Utah
“Didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week and I wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms are very modern and very clean. The restaurants were very good and had a lot of variety to choose from. I recommend that the first thing you do when you get there is go and book your reservations for dinner for every night that you will be staying there, some of the restaurants will book up. Try and schedule them around your excursions as well. You don't need to tip there but it is nice to leave a few US dollars after dinner, especially if your service was good. I also would recommend getting a room with and ocean view as ours did not. It is not a huge deal but it would be great to just walk out from your room to the beach and maybe get breakfast on your deck with a view.

We went on the dune buggy excursion and it was pretty fun but expect to be completely submerged in dirt and mud. It was really fun but DON'T wear anything that you don't want to just throw away right after you get back. We all did a tour to the capital which was interesting and kind of broke up the week a bit.

Take time to go and get dance lessons on the beach and take time to just relax. There are plenty of places to go and take a nap and enjoy the weather. It may rain a bit, but it is usually over in like 10-15 min and then it is sunny again. This was a great value for what you get, we saw a lot of other hotels when we the bus was picking up other guests on one of our excursions and this was the nicest that we saw. Also take time to walk down the beach to the little market, there are some fun things to see and buy, but beware they are very pushy sales guys there. Fortunately I can speak spanish which was a big help.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a beach view room it is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,330)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pennsauken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from a week at the Palace. The food was atrocious. Every meal was either luke warm or cold, very bland. One night my husband was served fish that was actually frozen not even cooked at all. We could not communicate with most of the staff. At least two days we did not get maid service at all, and when they did come it was knocking on the door and walking in without waiting for us to answer at 8:30 a.m or one time at 6:00 p.m. when we were getting ready to go to dinner. If they took our towels and washcloths we did not get new ones, so we had to hide the towels and washcloths that we had. The beach was great, lots of chairs, the pools were clean, entertainment could have been a lot better. All in all we would not go back to this particular resort again

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When my husband and I were shown to our room I realized this was not the Master Suite Ocean Front Club Premium room I had paid for. I had also requested a quiet area, but instead was put in right in front of the adult pool which was quite noisy and with no real view of the ocean. I notified the front desk right away and told them I wanted a different room with a view and not a loud area. Since we were "premium members" due to our room, I thought this would help, although they stated this was impossible that there were no other rooms in this category available. I didn't believe this and told her so because at this point the resort wasn't close to full. I did receive a call back within five minutes and was told that we would be moved the next day, and not to unpack. The manager was very apologetic for the inconvenience and indeed we were moved around 1:30 the next day and they did upgrade the room to a panoramic room as well which was beautiful. I was also disappointed that this resort does charge extra to use their own reef to snorkel this should be included. The quality of the food was the same as most resorts, but with more variety with the a la cart restaurants. The resort itself is beautiful, the beach with plenty of chairs, palm trees sun and shade. The pools are very clean and pretty. The staff very attentive, and even if they cant speak much english, they speak enough and try very hard. The rooms are awesome and the jacuzzi on the deck is perfect. The entertainment staff is great, and the shows at night are a bit cheesy at times but much more entertaining then most resorts I have stayed, they are not all in English but it didn't matter. Anytime I needed anything I just called the desk and they responded right away, although room service is a bit slow so allow at least a hours for that. The weather was awesome Sunny with a 20 minute shower maybe twice the six days I was there, although the forecast made it look like it was going to be raining the entire week. I did get sick on day five which I am still battling with now. I would definitely go back to this resort but just make sure of my room before I arrive to it, and maybe take better precautions to avoid TD which you can get anywhere.

Welland, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Bavaro Palace Deluxe and I can not say enough good things about the resort. The resort has plenty of activities and entertainment at all hours of the day. The service is excellent and all of the staff is very friendly. There are plenty of options for food and I have yet to be disappointed. I highly recommend this resort, I will be visiting every year for the rest of my life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We recently stayed here with a wedding group, the hotel was beautiful and the grounds were well maintained. Our room was in the golf side, and there is a great a la carte restaurant that is never busy and did not need reservations for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We preferred dining here then the buffet. The biggest challenge as read in reviews before is the communication barrier unless you speak spanish it is very difficult to deal with their staff. They are all very friendly but at times it was impossible to order a drink if you were looking for a specific brand or type of cocktail. The food in the a la carte restaurants were definitely better than the buffet, and you could purchase a bottle of wine in any of them for as cheap as 15 dollars, after tasting the house brand you will be happy to pay this additionally to enjoy a real glass of wine. We also used the spa and that was well worth the money, great workout facilities also brand new life fitness machines, and well as yoga classes. Great resort if you have children, lots of little hidden costs, like access to the older kids water park, and many other things like that.
The wedding was beautiful and was held in the gazebo on the beach, we did the boat cruise as a group after and that was such a great experience! we would return to this resort if we ever go back to Dominican.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Do not believe the negative reviews about this resort. My wife and I have just returned from one of our most enjoyable first time visits to this resort. This resort has everything to offer food, drink, service, entertainment, beach and much more. All of these were excellent. The staff could not do enough for you, whatever you requirements. This property is only 3 years old with all of the emenities that anyone needs. We have travelled to many fine resorts and this one is at the top of the list. We will without a doubt be returning in the near future. If you are visiting as a family, couples, single or group you will find everything here. I know that there are often minor problems with resorts of this size but not to the extent of being overly negative. For those who don't enjoy the hummidity go north.

Room Tip: All of the Junior Deluxe Suites are excellent. With your own 2 person jacuzzi on your patio.
South Plainfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We only stayed here a night, but overall it was an "okay" experience. It's not completely all-inclusive because room service is not included as well as bottles during dinner. The pool is dirty and the filtering system did not seem to be working. The water was yellow :( The food is also so-so. We ate at the dominican restaurant and it was alright. Making reservations is also annoying especially when you get there and the restaurant is completely empty. The beach was beautiful and the rooms were nice with very comfortable beds. The shower was annoying though and water went all over the floor because there's no door. Also, we waited 30 minutes just to check-out because they kept waiting for a phone call back from someone.

Btw, there is NO FREE SHUTTLE offered by the resort. We were fooled by this because Orbitz told us there was and it was on their website, but when we got there we had to pay $35 from the airport to the resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe? Share your experiences!