“Enjoyable alI Inclusive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Bavaro Suites

You added Iberostar Bavaro Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda - Playa, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Bavaro
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Enjoyable alI Inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our company group of thirty had the pleasure of enjoying the Iberostar Bavoro Suites during April 2015. Grounds, beach, restaurants,golf course and especially the staff all contributed to a memorable trip. Mini suite rooms are comfortable and walking distances to either the pools , dining or beach are all reasonable. Beach bar was a very convenient gathering spot . For an all inclusive, food and drink quality were better than most. The specialty dining restaurants (French, Seafood, New Orleans, Japanese, and Steak house ) were good to very good but the reservation process was a bit cumbersome. Golf Course is a Pete Dye layout with interesting holes but condition are a little scruffy by US standards. All staff ( concierge, bar, wait and housekeeping) have excellent service attitudes and always want to help with any needs. Quality experience for everyone who attended.

Room Tip: All suite rooms are convenient
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Resort was very nice, beautiful grounds, great assortment of food. Excellent Chef. I personally would have like to have more Spanish cusine choices in the buffet area. Food was good but sometimes cold. Drinks were great & always there :) I do think the resort needs more activities to engage in, other than drinking all day long (unless that's what you prefer)
Had a great time with my hunny <3

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just returned and had a great time. The grounds, facilities, beach and food were great. Mediterranean, Cajun and Gourmet eateries all outstanding. Staff were helpful at all times. My only suggestion for the Bavaro management is to consider either age restricting the main pool or to construct another small pool for kids under 12 ....as this time around the pool was loaded with lots and lots of kids. Good for them and their families but it kind of took away from the magic of the resort for we adults seeking rest and relaxation. Besides that.. all was great and pressure regarding the club sales was minimal. We will likely return sometime in the future.

michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've owned a travel Agency for over 30 years. I just sent a large group to the Iberostar bavaro Suites over Easter week. over 40% of them got dysentery. Some are still sick after being home for almost 2 weeks. Several of the units had a very strong sewer smell and some of my clients could not stay in their rooms but the resort was sold out so they roomed with fellow travelers. Please explain to me why all these people have had such a bad experience but I'm not seeing any of this being reported. I have tried to to get thru to the resort or Iberostar resort main contacts with out any luck..Until I get a response i would stay away form this resort. There is clearly an issue there that is NOT being addressed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I traveled to Punta Cana, staying with Iberostar Bavaro Suites at the recommendation of friends who are on their 4th year at this resort. We had a wonderful time at this resort. I hope my comments help you determine your travel plans and are as honest as I can be.

The Iberostar Bavaro Suites facility is well maintained and laid out. It is spread out enough to feel privacy and no crowding, but not too spread out that you are exhausted walking around the grounds to get places. The walking paths are lighted at night. Don’t expect oceanfront unless you specifically paid for it upfront – they cost more. We did have a suite change because they did not give us the beds we wanted, but they quickly rectified that error and we ended up about ¼ blocks from the ocean and had an ocean view.
The beach is kept spotless, and there are plenty of thatched huts to be in the shade as long as you get out there early enough in the morning to claim one with towels. If you are a late riser, you may miss a hut until mid-afternoon. Remember that this stretch of beach is on the Atlantic, not the Caribbean – so there are tides, waves, undertow and some seaweed. The staff does a great job clearing away the seaweed each morning. We only had one morning that the undertow was more than we could enjoy, so we used the pool that day. On the other hand you can boogie board! The resort does not have a lot of waiters out bringing drinks, but the bars are strategically located to get your drinks. I recommend you bring an insulated mug along. If you want to buy one there, it’s around $15 at the gift shop. Ask for 2 towel cards each when you register, 1 towel a day is never enough and they accommodate the request.

I cannot say enough about the staff at this resort. They are very helpful. I specifically want to acknowledge our concierge GEORGE at Guest Services who checked on us daily to see if we were happy, and on his day off made sure we were introduced to his back-up JEREMY who was equally helpful. Our housekeeper CLARA was amazing, and kept our suite spotless, made many beautiful towel/flower arrangements and designs, met our mini-frig needs to the T. Clara had a lovely sense of humor and was so pleasant all the time. After our first breakfast at Los Haitises breakfast buffet, we knew we would go back to MARIO’s area time and again. He saw us coming to the buffet, got us a table he knew we enjoyed, had our hot drinks ready to go in no time. We had 6 perfectly fine breakfast experiences with Mario. I had a 50 minute therapeutic massage by YISEL at the spa. Yisel gave a firm massage, relaxed any knots I had and I would recommend that as well. If you get the discount coupon packet, with the coupon you can get the 50 minutes for $90 which isn’t bad by resorts standards. I used the spa facility, but you can also get a massage down by the beach. We both had fun with the entertainment staff, during the day and in the evening. There are plenty of activities on the resort!

The food I would say was good. I would not say the food was top notch and of course with food it’s very subjective. Breakfasts were buffet style, the omelet station was good, some things for me were not “breakfast” items but there was a lot to choose from. We both recommend the French restaurant La Coupole, especially the lamb. Our least favorite restaurant was Jambalaya for menu options. We tried the different restaurants rather than a dinner buffet. There is a lunch buffet by the pool that includes a burger grilling station and a swim up bar around the corner.

I cannot speak to the tours, as we took none – we had plenty to do right on the resort. We did take the “free” shopping excursion recommended by the Apple representative; I do not recommend it at all. It was supposed to have demonstrations of how to make cigars (it did – it stank), rum and chocolate (it didn’t, only tried to sell rum and chocolate). The gift shop prices were around the same as right on the resort!

Take sun screen, there is a lovely breeze but you will need it. Also take bug spray, there are mosquitos at night.

Our final review would be to recommend this resort 100% - we loved our week there and would do it again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Peru, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro from April 15th to April 22nd. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Everyone from guest services to the maids made us feel very welcome at the resort. While the guest rooms are starting to show their age a little the resort is immaculately maintained and extremely clean. The food choices were vast at the buffet and the theme dining was very enjoyable for a break away from the buffet. We both highly recommend the Iberostar Bavaro to anyone who enjoys all-inclusive getaways.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We just spent 10 glorious days at the Iberostar Bavaro and had a fantastic time. Granted, the weather was splendid - 85 degrees every day with all sun, that wonderful tropical humidity, and a breeze off the ocean - BUT! the resort was also fantastic. Beautiful grounds and landscaping; nice, new bungaloes; and the white sand beach is the best. GREAT staff - wait staff, entertainment, poolside, bars, etc. - all great people. Jorge, Adonis, and Theodore kept us hopping and laughing. Leidy and Virginia were a wonderful bartendress and waitress, respectively. Food was good and plentiful. NO complaints from us. If you want something a bit different, just walk a bit and take in the Dominicana and Punta Cana portions of the resort.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for the area you want. Close to beach, close to restaurants, away from the hub-bub...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberostar Bavaro Suites? Share your experiences!