This is only my second experience at an all-inclusive resort. There were a lot of things to like about this place, but definitely room for improvement. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon. I will say reception was a little lacking. We were not greeted or offered a refreshment, which would have been nice after a long day of travel.
I had booked a room with a king bed, but we were given two doubles. We made the best of it as we didn't really feel like fighting and moving. Also, took us a while to figure out the switches for the bed lamps and the fan were behind the pillows on the bed. I found this out when I was sleeping and accidentally bumped the switch and turned the light on.
The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was nice except the shower door didn't close and water leaked all over the floor by the toilet. I'm sure this is not typical of all the rooms, but I think housekeeping needs to communicate more with maintenance. The minibar is stocked every other day, so if you want extra, leave your maid a note and a tip and she will leave extras.
We all thought the food was good and the variety was excellent. If you can't find something you like, you are way too picky. There are several restaurants including French, Cajun, Japanese, seafood and steak/American. They were all very good.
Drinks were good and strong enough. You have to ask for the better liquors or you will get the cheap rail stuff. The only thing I have to complain about is they are served in cafeteria glasses at the pool and on the beach. The other resort I stayed at, the drinks were served in plastic hurricane glasses with fruit and umbrellas so it felt more like vacation. I guess it really doesn't matter, it just felt a little cheap and low-class.
The beach and pool were wonderful. Get out there early if you want a good spot. We only had one day where someone moved our towels and hid them in a pile (sorry Europeans but you are extremely rude).
The staff was extremely friendly and made our stay a lot of fun. All-in-all I would recommend this resort and would definitely come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, kilometre-long beach of Bavaro. Tropical gardens. Elegant Caribbean flair. Top 5-star luxury. 11 restaurants. First–Class international shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Bavaro Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana
- Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana
- Bavaro Punta Cana
- Dominican Republic Bavaro
- Bavaro Cana Punta
- Iberostar Bavaro Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Bavaro
- Iberostar Hotel Punta Cana
- Iberostar Dominican Republic