“Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Bavaro Suites

You added Iberostar Bavaro Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda - Playa, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bavaro
Jacksonville, Florida
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just came back a week ago from a week vacation at the Iberostar Bavaro. We had a great time at the resort. The staff - reception, bartenders, waitresses, entertainers, cleaning crew, etc - everyone was friendly and makes you feel welcome and they want the guests to have the best vacation experience. They work hard and never show that they are tired!

I called for service of the A/C and the maintenance person came right away and solved the problem quickly and was very nice. Top notch service.

We were greeted by the room manager and asked us if we enjoyed the room we were staying and later on a bottle of champagne was brought to our room. We are none drinkers so we left it behind, but nevertheless this was a nice touch from the manager.

The food was good at all the restaurants - steak, seafood, french, and japanese. My favorite was the french restaurant. I wish more guests would dress up a little bit more instead of showing up in jeans. All the restaurants have a nice decor and some are more fancy than others. Long pants for men and a golf shirt is sufficient; jeans and t-shirts are not appropriate! For ladies a nice dress or sundress is appropriate.

I do have an observation and hopefully a change will be implemented in the near future. We enjoyed most of the shows in the evening but one night during the "Ms. Iberostar" show fun was made of asian people and that was very uncomfortable for me and for others. It is not "politically correct" to make fun of other races when you are not of that race. In other words, when I see an asian comedian is ok to make jokes about asian people, or a black comedian make jokes about black people, but when you have someone of one race make a joke of another race, it is just offensive. I enjoyed the vacation so much and I can see how Iberostar wants to provide five star service so a show like does not belong in a beautiful resort like this one.

And one minor suggeston - the wonderfl dominican coffee would taste much better if it was served hot.

Overall we enjoyed and we arer planning to go back next year hopefully. Please thank all your staff for the excellent job and service they provide to all the guests!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear guest,
We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience among us and for choosing Iberostar Bavaro for your holidays.
In the name of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, we would like to express you our satisfaction to read that your positive valuation about the friendliness of our staff and the variety of our gastronomy. In Iberostar we aim to ensure our valuable guests to “enjoy being a Star” on holidays.
Likewise we have forwarded your feedback to our Star Friends Manager about the nightly shows.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again; please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Polish first
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As you can gather from the title of this review, we encountered a problem with security in our room. One day I neglected to use the safe in the room and my wallet was left in my backpack. I came back to the room to find that all of the larger bills had been removed -- passports, small bills, credit cards, etc... remained. Filed a complaint with security and after an investigation was told that since we did not use the safe, the hotel could not be held liable. I didn't expect that it would, and I admit my mistake, but there were some circumstances surrounding the disappearance that led me to believe it was an "inside job." (eg. when a safe is found to be left open, it is hotel policy that a small team comes to the room and does an "inventory" of your personal belongings -- it doesn't take a great imagination to see the opportunities for staff in "cahoots" to exploit that policy.) I could be wrong, of course, but to be on the safe side keep all valuables in your safe. Feel free to PM me for additional info. By the way, I give three stars since the resort itself was beautiful and most of the employees were very kind -- we had a wonderful time save for the theft. Have stayed at Iberostar Resorts in Riviera Maya with an outstanding experience at those.... Stayed there the week of August 18th.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Bavaro as your holiday’s destination and for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we regret to acknowledge that despite your positive valuation about the friendliness of our staff and the beauty of our premises, your holidays were not satisfying enough and we extend our apologies for the inconveniences that you might have experience during your stay among us. In Iberostar we aim to ensure the most positive experience to our customers. We would like to clarify though we take seriously this kind of accusation against our staff but it is by no mean a neither frequent nor normal complaint from our customers. As we explained you personally our security team found no violation of the security in your room and founds no irregular situations during the period of time you allege your belongs to be missing. Although we do a deep investigation which includes police records when hiring staff, our hotel and the Tour Operator representatives always advise the use of safe in the room which is an included service at Iberostar Bavaro. Our hotel does not take responsibility when safe is not being used. This is a fact worldwide in the hotels around the world. We truly regret that this issue might damage the good image you have of our hotel chain.
We remain at your entire disposition for further assistance.
Sincerely yours,
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The staff was outstanding. Great entertainment team! Food was great, bartenders were awesome. Can't beat the location! Great value!

Improvements: Hot tub wasn't as hot as it should be. Also, I did not like how the cleaning ladies are dressed. I think it is very degrading. It is 2013, not 1950's. Their outfits reminded me of slavery times. Please change that! Air conditioner only goes up to "3", it would be nice if it was more powerful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,
First at all we would like to thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Bavaro. On behalf of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for choosing our hotel to enjoy your holidays.
We appreciate your positive valuation about the friendliness of our staff members, the variety of our gastronomy and entertainment as the beauty of our premises. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to provide an excellent service to our valuable costumers.
We thank you also for your suggestions regarding uniforms; we have sent it to our Human Resource Manager.
We will be happy to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact us for further assistances.
With kindest regards,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our second trip to the Iberostar Bavaro resort in less than a year, andit was even better than the first time. The food was amazing with a wide selection and Alexandra Severino always there to ensure excellence. The staff here really make a difference and ensure your happiness. They are friendly and courteous.
Virginia always took care of us at lunch time and Hanoy and Francia always greeted us at supper. The bar staff (Danilio and Cesarin) and waiters like Wilken always took care of us.
The housekeeping was great with even a turndown service in the afternoon, and management like Wanda, Raphael and Martin made sure our every need was met.
I highly recommend this place and will certainly retuen for another visit. They really do make you feel like a star (as their mottto says) and i cannot wait to return.
Jason Delisle, Rhea Cofreros, Natalie Delisle

Dear guest,
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov and his team, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Bavaro once again for your holidays and for posting a review about your second experience among us.
We would like to express our satisfaction to read that you had enjoyed from another memorable holiday during your recent stay among us due to the excellent service of our friendly staff.We have congratulated Alexandra, Hanoi, Francia, Danilo, Virginia, Cesarin, Wanda, Rafael and Martín for making you feel as a “Star” as we aim in Iberostar.
We are waiting for your next visit; please do not forget contact us before your arrival.
Best regards,
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am writing this review,not to be a winer or complainer, but to warn others. I looked long and hard trying to find the perfect place to spend my hard earned money and time. After reading many reviews,and having family stay at other Iberostar properties, i decided on Iberostar Bavaro. Well let me tell you, this was a very big mistake, I should have read the reviews a little better before i made my choice. I would first start out by stating that we traveled with two families and both reviews are the same. Air conditioning never worked in rooms .notice how I say rooms both.called front desk three times and repairman came.........stated he fixed....... never worked ...management should have followed up after three attempts......... never did. I am sure management will write a response stating they will forward this, like they have stated all over this forum....... second.......... safe never worked properly.called again.stated he fixed......never did...........third......... food was not that great.....poor handling.cracked eggs on top of fresh ones GROSS.... I AM A FOOD PERSON.. I EAT ANYTHING AND ALL ...I WAS HUNGRY..........THIRD.. my family fell ill three days into trip, my young one misplaced her ipod so i decided to search, WELL I FOUND THE SOURCE OF OUR ILLNESS.THICK BLACK MOLD PICTURE ENCLOSED..ALL OVER COUCH.YUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.......... if i had to describe the room, it would be a east coast shore type hotel....moldy damp things broken half the lights work ac broken safe inop STAY AWAY.........Please rest assured, I travel three times a year and im not a complainer but stay away. I have contacted management about my family falling ill from the mold, and all i get is the runaround...stay away... I must say on a brighter note, the staff is very helpful,and kind, they showed me the way to the pharmacy so i could start myself on some antibiotics from the sickness from the mold. It is a real shame that i contacted Iberostar numerous times and was never offered a room change,compensation or a return trip. They got my money,and i got a horrible vacation,sweltering heat and mold sickness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear guest,
We have sent you a private message via TripAdvisor to get some additional information about your concern to share with our Iberostar Bavaro hotel Managerment.
With regards,
Scarborough, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from an 11 day stay at the Iberostar Bavaro, Aug 31 to Sept 10. This was our fourth return to the Bavaro over a five year period and we made the trip to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.
Normally I start my reviews with the positive aspects of our vacation, but on this occasion I’ll start with the negative. On the third day of our stay the main pool was drained and closed without notice, leaving only the two smaller Bavaro pools open. The main pool was enclosed with sheets of plywood and a workforce of about 30 men began to chip out the concrete pool floor. This created a great deal of noise and construction debris which ended up in the other two pools, making them very dirty. Upon our departure on the 1oth the pool was still closed and I estimate they had at least another 10 days work remaining to get it back in operation.
We had specifically decided to return to the Bavaro because of the excellent service we had received on previous trips and due to the fact that the main pool is a gigantic wading pool and my wife can’t swim, so this definitely impacted the quality of our trip.
I fully understand that the pool needed to be repaired and that on a resort that is open 365 days a year there is no perfect time to do repairs, however a repair of this size must have been planned months in advance to correspond with the period when the hotel has its lowest vacancy. Therefore, I’m of the opinion that a reduced rate should have been offered for guests during this period. I fully understand that the pools at the Punta Cana and the Domenicana were available to us, but if I’d wanted to stay there I would have booked there at the reduced cost.
Otherwise, the Bavaro is still probably the best valued resort in the area.

Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Bavaro for your holidays and for your time to post a review about your experience.
We truly regret to read that the emergency work we had to do with our pool prevent you to enjoy another unforgettable holiday as you are used to and as we aim in Iberostar. We extend our apologies for any and all inconveniences related to the situation and we are thankful for your comprehension to this matter.
On the other hand, we appreciate your positive valuation about our value for money and the friendliness of our staff.
We are waiting for your next visit so you can enjoy our pool as you are used to and remain at your entire disposition for any assistance prior your return.
Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed at other Iberostars in Mexico, but this is the first in the DR. I've also stayed at other Punta Cana properties, primarily the Majestics Elegance and Colonial.

I'll try to keep this short. Iberostar is one of those brands you can trust, such as Costco or Amazon or Apple. They provide consistently good value products and are almost always rated among the best resorts in a given area.

The Iberostar Bavaro is a very pretty resort on lush beautiful grounds. Unlike most DR resorts, there are no room categories and all rooms are the same type. There are a few that probably have ocean views, but not many. Most view other buildings in the complex, but each small building has eight rooms in two floors. It's like a large condominium complex with paths and gardens throughout.

The room was comfortable with a good bed. The rooms were clean and refurbished but clearly a bit older. The A/C was of the central type where you can only control by high/medium/low, not a temperature thermostat. Still, we found it worked well.

The wife and I don't drink and don't tend to do the specialty restaurants as she's a vegetarian. With that as a backdrop, we ate exclusively at the buffet. The buffet was among the best we've ever had at any all-inclusive, and the best in the DR. Food was plentiful, fresh, and widely varied. Even the poolside lunch buffet was quite excellent. There were about 5 varieties of lettuce, plenty of vegetables and fruits, tons of fresh pastries in the morning, a wide dessert variety, ice cream and soft serve, etc. The pineapple and mangos were particularly excellent. They even had apples (not natively grown) and blueberries.

One of the other things that stands out at the Bavaro is the service. They must instruct their employees to smile and greet all guests, as all employees did this - whether the front desk, servers in the buffet, the maids, or maintenance workers. The difference is pretty obvious. As an example, while the Majestics are nice hotels, we never see the breadth of friendly attention from staff that we did at the Iberostar.

Other likes:
Really nice beach with tons of palapas.
Cute kids waterpark.
Beautiful lagoon with fish, birds, and flamingos
Particularly frequent and attentive bar service at the beach
Lots of activities with a very active animation team - bingo, shows (even on the beach), darts, contests, etc.

Only a few negatives: When we arrived our room's TV didn't work and we called for help, but I ended up figuring out that a cord was not fully plugged in. The bathroom mirror was dirty. It would be nice if they had wifi in the rooms as it's complimentary only in the lobby. There is a bit of beach erosion in some areas but it's slight compared to the Bahia to the west and the Ocean Blue to the east

Room Tip: All of the rooms are identical, so the only issue is whether you'd rather be near the beach or t...