We just came back a week ago from a week vacation at the Iberostar Bavaro. We had a great time at the resort. The staff - reception, bartenders, waitresses, entertainers, cleaning crew, etc - everyone was friendly and makes you feel welcome and they want the guests to have the best vacation experience. They work hard and never show that they are tired!
I called for service of the A/C and the maintenance person came right away and solved the problem quickly and was very nice. Top notch service.
We were greeted by the room manager and asked us if we enjoyed the room we were staying and later on a bottle of champagne was brought to our room. We are none drinkers so we left it behind, but nevertheless this was a nice touch from the manager.
The food was good at all the restaurants - steak, seafood, french, and japanese. My favorite was the french restaurant. I wish more guests would dress up a little bit more instead of showing up in jeans. All the restaurants have a nice decor and some are more fancy than others. Long pants for men and a golf shirt is sufficient; jeans and t-shirts are not appropriate! For ladies a nice dress or sundress is appropriate.
I do have an observation and hopefully a change will be implemented in the near future. We enjoyed most of the shows in the evening but one night during the "Ms. Iberostar" show fun was made of asian people and that was very uncomfortable for me and for others. It is not "politically correct" to make fun of other races when you are not of that race. In other words, when I see an asian comedian is ok to make jokes about asian people, or a black comedian make jokes about black people, but when you have someone of one race make a joke of another race, it is just offensive. I enjoyed the vacation so much and I can see how Iberostar wants to provide five star service so a show like does not belong in a beautiful resort like this one.
And one minor suggeston - the wonderfl dominican coffee would taste much better if it was served hot.
Overall we enjoyed and we arer planning to go back next year hopefully. Please thank all your staff for the excellent job and service they provide to all the guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, kilometre-long beach of Bavaro. Tropical gardens. Elegant Caribbean flair. Top 5-star luxury. 11 restaurants. First–Class international shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Iberostar Bavaro Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana
- Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana
- Bavaro Punta Cana
- Dominican Republic Bavaro
- Bavaro Cana Punta
- Iberostar Bavaro Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Bavaro
- Iberostar Hotel Punta Cana
- Iberostar Dominican Republic