We stayed at Iberostar Bavaro From March 31 to Apr.7. This was our first stay at Bavaro, but our 9th Iberostar experience at 6 different Iberostar resorts. We are a married couple in our mid 50's.
We arrived late. We were not greeted with the traditional welcome drink. We had asked in advance for a king bed on the 2nd floor. We got a king bed on the ground floor. We didn't have a problem with this, other than the room having a slight musty smell. The air conditioning only worked on 1speed, however it was a perfect temperature for us, so we did not ask for service. We appreciated the light duvet on the bed. The room was clean and adequate with twice a day maid service. We would leave a tip on the bed each day. We found it odd that the tips appeared to be collected before the rooms were cleaned. More then once we went back to the room to find the room not cleaned but the tip had been picked up, and no cleaning cart in sight??? The grounds are beautiful with constant attention from the gardening staff. I will not comment much on the food, as I feel that food taste is very subjective. We had no issues with the food.
The beach was clean and well cared for and we had no problems getting a palapa at the beach during the early to mid mornings, and appreciated the amount of palapas in place.
My major Complaint with this resort is the lack of shade at the pool,in combination with the blatant saving and hoarding of chairs in the shade. There just is not an adequate amount of palapas around the pool for the size of this resort. There are no palapas around the kids water area. There is plenty of open space to install many more palapas. In addition, the blatant misuse of "the towel game" must be addressed by management. On the two days only that we got up early enough ( 6:15 am) to get a palapa by the pool (and stayed there the majority of the day) we witnessed many chairs under palapas going completely unused,often until late morning, and even as late as 2:30 PM. This is not acceptable and unless this situation is rectified, for us
it's a deal breaker and we will not return.
My second complaint is the fee for Wi-Fi. For these times in a 4 1/2 star resort, we fully expect complimentary Wi-Fi, especially for the inconvenience of having to go to the lobby to use it. Get with the times Bavaro!
I hope Mr.Sanchez sends my two complaints to Mr. Grubanov. I would have spoken to him myself, if he had stayed at the "meet and greet" cocktail party long enough for me to get to talk to him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, kilometre-long beach of Bavaro. Tropical gardens. Elegant Caribbean flair. Top 5-star luxury. 11 restaurants. First–Class international shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Bavaro Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana
- Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana
- Bavaro Punta Cana
- Dominican Republic Bavaro
- Bavaro Cana Punta
- Iberostar Bavaro Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Bavaro
- Iberostar Hotel Punta Cana
- Iberostar Dominican Republic