“7 out of 10 for a 4 star resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Bavaro Suites

You added Iberostar Bavaro Suites to your Saves list
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Arena Gorda - Playa, Bavaro, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Bavaro
New York
“7 out of 10 for a 4 star resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It is very difficult to rate any property on a scale from 1 to 5, especially if it is an all-inclusive resort, so here it goes:
Resort territory 8
Lobby 7
Staff 9
Room 8
--Size 8
--Cleanness 10
--Bed 9
--Bathroom 9
--Room Service 3 (ordered food twice, and both times fruit were spoiled)
--Room Cleaning 10
--Bar 6 (you get Fanta, sprite, coke, etc, and 3 cans of beer. No hard liquor, no wine)
Buffet 7
Restaurants 6.5 (hit or miss. Horrible Japanese, but a very good steak house)
Bars 7
Overall food assortment 7
Overall food quality 7
Pool 8
Beach 8.5
Internet 3 wifi only covers the lobby and partially the pool area and cost $40/5 days (or $13/day)
Entertainment 4.5 (comparing other resorts we had been to, this one lacks quality and variety. It feels like the entertainment staff on-site can’t wait for it to be over. The evening specials (non-hotel owned, lack quality and need a lot more training before they can perform publicly on stage)

Overall, without weighting the categories, as to different people different aspects are going to have different importance, the mathematical average is 7 out of 10

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Iberostar Bavaro for your holidays and for taking the time to share your valuation with the Tripadvisor community.
In the name of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, and the whole team, we would like to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge your general punctuation about your visit to our premises. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to provide the best service to our beloved guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please contact us before your next visit.
With best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Polish first
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went to Iberostar in November 16 - 26,2012. What an amazing trip. Rooms were very clean, food was great. We ate at the buffet every night, a wonderful variety of food. My favorite part of the trip was the Star Friends. I feel like I have friends for life. IThey made us feel like "Stars." A very special shout out to Elias he had such patience in teaching me how to Merengue. I just wasn't quite catching it, but through his patience and determination. I finally got it. All the star friends always have kind words to say and a beautiful smile on their faces. I dont remember the last time I had so much fun dancing at a "discotecha." Only suggestion there would be airconditioning as it is very hot in there. There are plenty of activities if you chose to participate. But no pressure to participate. I enjoy the pool and the beach. One day they had this "crazy comedy show" that was put on by the star friends at the pool, some of the guys were dressed up as Spice Girls, omg it was so funny. I also loved the "Blues Brothers." I never laughed so hard in my life. Again the star friends just give everything of themselves. Rudolpho is just crazy all the time. I wonder if they ever sleep. Everywhere we were they were there. They are always happy. I have been to the Dominican Republic a couple of times. Stayed at the Dominicana as well in comparison to the Bavaro it doesnt compare. The star friends are just as crazy at the Dominicana but the hotel is not as much fun. Please keep up the great work and I will be back sooner than you know. I feel like I have family at the Bavaro. I have told all of my friends and family about this wonderful place in Paradise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
On the behalf of Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Iberostar Bavaro and for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Hotels and Resorts as your holiday’s destination.
We would like to express you how pleased our friendly staff and their service ensured another wonderful holiday among us. Our Star Friend team, especially Rodolfo and Elias, is very motivated by your lines referring their work with the daily and nightly activities. In Iberostar we aim to ensure memorable vacations to our beloved “stars”.
We will be happy to welcome you back again, feel free to contact us to help you in your next visit.
Yours Sincerely,
Centennial, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Traveled to Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana Dec 4-11. The beach is just beautiful --you can walk for miles on the finest sand anywhere. There are also plenty of waves in the ocean to have fun in! We have been to all-inclusives in Jamaica and the Riviera Maya region, and found so far the ocean/ beach here in Punta Cana the best. We were a bit concerned after reading other reviews about annoying venders along the beach, but we fortunately had no trouble at all with this. The grounds at Iverostar Bavaro are immaculately groomed. The staff is hard working and friendly. All in all, it was a very nice vacation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear guest,
We thank you for having chosen Iberostar Bavaro as the destination for your vacations and also for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we would like to express how pleased we are to read that you had a memorable stay at our premises due to the beauty of our hotel premises and our beach. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to upkeep our premises. Our gardeners, maintenance and cleaning staff are happy to acknowledge that their work left you such as nice impression.
We are already willing to welcome you back again, please contact us to assist you for your next visit.
With regards,
Ljubljana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We just came back from this haven on Earth ! I wish words could expres how beautyful Iberostar Bavaro resort is! The rooms are big and very clean,we stayed in room 1117 that was perfect for us, the food is so good that we couldn't stop eating :) and they prepare fresh dishes all the time. By the time you finish breakfast they allready start cooking on the pool and everything is so good you don't know what to take first! :) The choices are neverending and it realy tasted havenly. Fresh juces , fruit, fish , all sorts off meet, salads, deserts . Incredible ! The staff is so nice and always smilling and dancing. The animation group Star friends made sure we were never bored and always made us laugh:)
If you are planing to go there don't think twice I promise you you will be so happy. There is not even one single bad thing I could say about Iberostar Bavaro but if I would want to write how I feel and all the good things about it words are not enough. You really have to experience it to understand. We are coming back and next time we will take some friends with us. I don't understand what are the people that wrote bad reviews about this resort talking about . I would like to meet them because they wrote lies and I just don't understand why they do it. It is haven on Earth! They try to make every wish we had possible, no mather what. I didn't hear the words No or Impossible not even once! Last year we payed twice as much for just 10 days in Maldives and we were not even half as happy as we were here.
I am sending hugs and kisses to all of the staff and we can't wait to come back to Iberostar Bavaro next year!
xoxo
L&A

Room Tip: All rhe rooms are beautiful and good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear guest LucijaG,
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov and his team, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Bavaro as your holiday’s destination and also for taking the time to post a review about your experience.
We would like to express how glad we are to read that you had a wonderful experience during your visit to our hotel premises. Our staff, especially those from our Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardeners and Cook team appreciates your motivating valuation about their work. In Iberostar we are committed to upkeep our premises and to offer a varied gastronomy to our ”Stars” on vacation.
We kindly invite to welcome you back again, please contact us to assist you for your next visit.
With kindest regards,
East Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

First of all, thank you to Hector our lobby bartender and all the staff for making our trip so enjoyable. (Applauso!!!!!!!) From the lobby to the beach front this resort is the most beautiful we have seen. The water features and wildlife around the main building are so beautiful and we spent hours watching the birds and fish. Our room was very well kept and our maid did an exceptional job. The miles of white sand beach was very beautiful and well kept. I also enjoyed the snorkeling right off shore. With the help of several pieces of bread and bananas, the fish swarmed me like on the reefs on the snorkeling trips. We also enjoyed visiting the shore-side "shopping" and "bar" just East of our resort as well. We will definitely be back here. I noticed several trivial "bad" reviews of this place, well if you don't like heat, sand, salty water, lizards, birds, flamingos, great snorkeling, sun, etc, then this place isn't for you.....best go to North Dakota. All and all, we would highly recommend this resort for families as well as singles.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear guest,
On the behalf of the hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Iberostar Bavaro and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
For the whole Iberostar Bavaro staff it is a pleasure for us to read that you had an excellent experience at our hotel premises due to the friendly service provided by our staff members, especially by Hector in the lobby bar. In Iberostar we are committed to provide a memorable holiday to our beloved guests.
We will be glad to welcome you back. We remain at your disposition for further assistance before your next visit.
Best regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

At the airport you have to pay 10.00 for a tourist pass. Then off to the resort and it was beautiful! We were greeted with fruity drinks and a cold towel. Our room was ready and we were assisted to our room. I requested a bottom floor room due to my husband disability and it was granted. I made reservations with the specialty restaurants prior to getting there via email and they were granted! It was NOTHING I asked for that I didn’t receive. We were close by the pool and the lobby was a lil farther but I didn’t mind because they had a buffet area by the pool. The room was nice and clean (no bugs in my room but I brought citronella candles and bug spray because of previous experiences in other countries). The room was spacoius, clean, and the bathroom was nice; with a stand up shower and jetted tub. The room had a safe with your own made up code and the mini bar (which consist of water, sprite, coke and soda water) was refilled every 2 days. The restaurants were delicious and the service everywhere was GREAT!!! The weather was perfect and I just don’t have any complaints about this resort. We visited the sister resort Dominicana and it was nice but I LOVED the Bavaro. Each night they entertained us with shows some corny but hey it was something to do. I will def return and recommend this resort!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear guests,
In the name of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Bavaro for your holidays and birthday celebration and for the time you took to post a review about your experience.
We would like to express our satisfaction to read that you and your husband had enjoyed a unforgettable stay. You nice lines about our varied gastronomy, our beautiful premises; and the friendliness and care from our staff members motivate us to keep ensuring memorable vacation to our beloved “stars” as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We will be glad to welcome you back again; please contact before your next visit.
Yours sincerely,
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I went to Putna Cana this past October and had a good time. Iberostar Bavaro was an average resort, not too fancy, not too shabby. The food was not very good. The only beer they offer is El Presidente aside from what they put in your mini fridge, which wasn't any better (Brahma). Staff was pretty friendly and the beach was maintained pretty nicely. Again, our biggest complaint was the food. Also, there is a lot of bees around. There were bees absolutely swaming a soda machine every day that not one staff member seemed the least bit concerned with. That was disgusting. My main complaint is with the on-site scuba diving company, Manta Divers. My wife and a friend of ours were going to go scuba diving and signed up and paid for what they needed. Our friend is already certified and my wife did most of her certification here at home. She had to do some ool stuff at the resort and then go do the open water dive. About 10 minutes into the pool dive, she became very anxious and scared and decided she did not want to do it. This is after they charged my CC almost $500, which was fine. However, after the 10 minutes of instruction she received before she decided not to do it, Manta Divers refused to refund us any of our money and are still doing everything they can to keep us from getting our money back. I only disputed $400 because I figured the other $80 was more than enough to compensate them for the 10 minutes of instruction she received. Apparently not. And also, our friend who is already certified and didn't need any training, somehow got charged the same amount as my wife!!!!!!!! They gave him nothing back either (he didn't want to go without my wife)!!!!!!!!!! This is obviously a crooked company who are out only to make money off of the tourists they "serve". I'm quite positive my wife isnt the first person to become frightened in the water and change their mind. These people DO NOT care!!!!! Once you pay, you're not getting a dime back, no matter what!! Ignorant, immoral, unscrupulous people!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest,
We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience during your stay at Iberostar Bavaro. In the name of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
We regret to read that our facilities, services and varied gastronomy did not meet your expectations nor ensured you a pleasant holiday. We apologize for the inconveniences regarding the presence of bees in our soda machines and open air areas. We assure you that in Iberostar we take Hygiene seriously and we constantly do our best to keep under control insects in our hotel premises. We work with an external consulter (Saniconsult) and use human harmless products for pest control. Our Management team is working harder to prevent uncomfortable situations to our beloved “stars” on vacation.
On the other hand, we thank you for your positive valuation about the cleanness and beauty of our beach and the friendliness of our staff members. In Iberostar we are on the best beaches worldwide.
In case you decide to visit us again, we remain at your entire disposition for further assistance.
Kindest regards,

Been to Iberostar Bavaro Suites? Share your experiences!